Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Survivor
2038 posts

Re: Time Machine: Phil Harrison Pre Home Open Beta MTV Interview

May 24, 2013
I've been a Home user since closed beta 2007. I've been here for ALL of it. Every single transition, and I must say....I do love the nostalgic walks down memory lane. Despite what haters may say, Home has definately come a long way from what it started out, as pictured in the above screenshots.

I can only hope Home continues its journey on PS4 at some point. Because, we all know...once PS3 has run its course and goes the way of PS2 - no longer supported....Home will then cease to exist.
I'm A Shadow. One That No Light Will Shine On. As Long As You Follow Me....You Will Never See The Day.
Message 31 of 35 (234 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
2040 posts

[ Edited ]
Jun 13, 2013

Wow, was I wrong! At this point it seems more like Phil is on Sony's payroll sent in to Microsoft to destroy their next generation Xbox than some kind of Microsoft secret weapon!

I don't know how one individual could have screwed up a release more than Phil has with the XBone.

Message 32 of 35 (213 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
29219 posts

Jun 13, 2013

julie_love wrote:

Wow, was I wrong! At this point it seems more like Phil is on Sony's payroll sent in to Microsoft to destroy their next generation Xbox than some kind of Microsoft secret weapon!

I don't know how one individual could have screwed up a release more than Phil has with the XBone.

I think corporate greed took over Julie. One might have thought a 3D social world could be something he would have been involved in. 

What they are trying to market is just so anti-comsumer they shot themselves in the foot. And on top of all the restrictions from DRM to not being able to upgrade a hard drive to having to check in every 24 hours with even single player games is simply mindboggling. In addition they are 100 dollars more expensive. 

Pretty sad. 

Message 33 of 35 (89 Views)
Fender Bender
3127 posts

Jun 13, 2013

Shadow-Runner wrote:
I've been a Home user since closed beta 2007. I've been here for ALL of it. Every single transition, and I must say....I do love the nostalgic walks down memory lane. Despite what haters may say, Home has definately come a long way from what it started out, as pictured in the above screenshots.

I can only hope Home continues its journey on PS4 at some point. Because, we all know...once PS3 has run its course and goes the way of PS2 - no longer supported....Home will then cease to exist.

I was also here in the start of April 07 Mr. Shadow, I wonder if we might have run into each other at some point back then... the Program was alot smaller and also there was just one copy of each space for public, and no personal space when we first started... alot has changed. I remember the day that the "beta" went into effect, it was a sad day for me... I fought it tooth and claw, not because I didn't want others to be here (cause I did) it was because so much was still not funtioning properly. 

Julie I think Miss Johanna is right, there was a conversation one day in late 07 about how the Company could make money of HOME, and a few of us thought Microtransactions were a much better idea then the montlhy price idea they wanted to impliment, and we can all see how they took a good idea and turned it against the Consumers ... Or should I say they turned us into consumers in stead of us being the customer. 

I also heard from a little bird that the start of this program was back in 95 or before and at that time it was run by Microsoft programing... not linux. I could be wrong about that because it was word of mouth yet I don't doubt it could be true. Sadly there was a problem most don't know about at one time... Durring the Closed beta that became an Alpha test, the People who did own the Script ran out of money from what I understand... and the result was a corperate buy out... and we all know what happens when you Sell out... or I should say you can see for yourself what happens. 

Not all of it has been bad though... yet enough has been bad... on the other hand, things can always change, that is the one constant in our real world, the only constant, is constant Change... How HOME changes honestly is really up to us the now Consumers of a product of a corperation. We hold more power in the Direction of HOME then most think... if you sit back and watch you can see it too... 

For a while I left when home went into beta in december of 07 or jan of 08 (hard to remeber sometimes) I steped away due to lots of reasons and lots of stuff I did not agree with... since the take over, the target has been us for money instead of the vision of game company's putting the money up to get thier advertizing to us... So yes Julie, I agree with Miss Johanna, its now a greed thing instead of a gaming thing... We have the power to take it back to games if we the consumers band together, and even though that might seem crazy or out of this world, I still to this day believe it is possible, hard to do yet possible... yet people need to want it, that part I am not sure about... 

Photobucket
Message 34 of 35 (78 Views)
Fender Bender
2040 posts

Jun 16, 2013

Kaz keeps an eye on his secret agent Phil Harrison lol

Message 35 of 35 (59 Views)