Message 11 of 35 (344 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
2040 posts

Re: Time Machine: Phil Harrison Pre Home Open Beta MTV Interview from 2007

May 18, 2013

Gogginblaze wrote:

Doesnt he work for microsoft now?

Yup, he's been a Corporate Vice President with their Interactive Entertainment Team since March 2012.

Message 12 of 35 (340 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
5381 posts

May 18, 2013
MTV, is nothing but trash these days!
Message 13 of 35 (333 Views)
Uncharted Territory
1654 posts

[ Edited ]
May 18, 2013

It would have been different these days I am sure with him running the show. I would like to hope that Home would be coming to PS4 and keeping my fingers crossed. Maybe some day they'll shed so light on it. :smileyhappy:

Message 14 of 35 (326 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
43 posts

May 18, 2013
Real sad. they had so much planned for Home that never got implemented. Home feels more like a Facebook game to me now. I noticed in this video he talks about gamers communicating with each other, but Home has sort of turned into the opposite.
Message 15 of 35 (321 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
2057 posts

[ Edited ]
May 18, 2013

Here's another interview with Peter Edward about the change in direction the home development team made in 2010.

http://www.develop-online.net/features/1124/A-money-makerM-PlayStation-Home

Message 16 of 35 (312 Views)
Uncharted Territory
1654 posts

May 18, 2013

Well I don't think Home has lost that edge by any means, but I do feel there is some lacking going on. Home has and always will have a lot of potential. There is so many things that can be done in a virtual world.

Even though I sometimes post negitive threads I still buy stuff in Home because I hope, just hope someday we'll see the things better, improvements, better stuff in the furture.

But we need to start seeing Sony themselves caring about there program along with the developers. Not saying they don't care, but I think they can do more. :smileyhappy:

Message 17 of 35 (285 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
2040 posts

May 19, 2013

Brises_0000 wrote:

Here's another interview with Peter Edward about the change in direction the home development team made in 2010.

http://www.develop-online.net/features/1124/A-money-makerM-PlayStation-Home

That was interesting Brises_0000. It seems that Home development goes through starts and stops. That might be a normal corporate development cycle but it seems to have stifled development of the core Home application.

Message 18 of 35 (246 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
2040 posts

May 19, 2013

TJMVoyager wrote:

Well I don't think Home has lost that edge by any means, but I do feel there is some lacking going on. Home has and always will have a lot of potential. There is so many things that can be done in a virtual world.

Even though I sometimes post negitive threads I still buy stuff in Home because I hope, just hope someday we'll see the things better, improvements, better stuff in the furture.

But we need to start seeing Sony themselves caring about there program along with the developers. Not saying they don't care, but I think they can do more. :smileyhappy:

I agree, from what I've seen even people that have given up on Home in its current state have some hope that things will change in the future.

Home is still a unique community even with all its obvious flaws.

Message 19 of 35 (244 Views)
Fender Bender
2040 posts

Re: Time Machine: Phil Harrison Pre Home Open Beta MTV Interview

[ Edited ]
May 22, 2013

There is already a very active thread on yesterday's Xbox reveal located at http://community.us.playstation.com/t5/Off-Topic-Discussions/Xbox-One-Discussion/td-p/40417463

Comments in this thread should be about Phil, and what if any role he had in building something like Home on the new Xbox.

We still don't know whether there will be anything like Home on the PS4, we'll have to wait until E3 to get more detail.

I had been wondering whether Phil would build something like Home on the new Xbox, but sheesh, that reveal yesterday was a spectacular failure in my view.

Can anyone say crash and burn? I read a few interviews with Phil after the reveal and he sounded like a deer caught in the headlights.

Microsoft's stock value actually dropped after the reveal and Sony's gained almost 9 points. Ouch!

Soooo, we didn't see anything like a Home interface during the reveal and we still don't know what is happening with the PS4 in that department.

Who knows, more detail may be revealed at E3 regarding Home on PS4 but so far it doesn't look like Phil has had any influence over MS in that department.

Message 20 of 35 (203 Views)
0 Likes