Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Fender Bender
2283 posts

Re: ***WIN A 20$ PLAYSTATION NETWORK CARD***

Jun 22, 2013

What Home means to me...

Or I should really say what Home once meant to me.

To me, Home was a fun place to get away from regular gaming and meet new people that sadly I had a hard time chatting with. 

Although I had a hard time chatting with users I tried my very best to not be so shy and to try and chat with users or friends.

Home is a great place if you want to make friends or at least try to make friends.

Anyways, that is what Home meant to me.

I tried to sing "Like A Best Friend." - http://vocaroo.com/i/s0xQbPKA7aM5
Please use plain text.
Message 41 of 66 (525 Views)
Fender Bender
2916 posts

[ Edited ]
Jun 22, 2013

myalana wrote:

Bobsfed wrote:

I'm just doing this for fun and don't want the prize since I can't use it anyways. :manembarrassed:

But I like Home because you can create and customize you avatar into almost anything you want. I was able to make myself to a 90% likeness of what I really look like. I also have fun with the costumes and mixing and matching outfits to make my own one of a kind costumes too. I've always enjoyed games that give you so many option on making your own personal avatar, and Home is one of the best for that. :manhappy:

Don't Kudo me!! :smileymad:

Kudoed you for playing along for fun even though you know you can't use the prize. It's a shame that most seem to EXPECT something and start crying foul about how unfair it is before it's even started. I do believe we have a few less contests because the people who have put them on in the past got tired of dealing with those who just expected a handout and complained about how they were cheated even though they didn't want to play in the first place.

Awwww, thanks mylana. :manhappy:

I've seen others like that too that can't accept that they didn't win and start whinning and crying about it. The only time I ever got mad over a user inspired contest on here was when that one guy had that fake contest. Even though I didn't go to it I was still really disgusted that he screwed everyone over like that. Then I really got mad because some on here were actually congratulating him on pulling it off and giving him kudos. I think if you have a troll like that abusing others on here, you should never encourage them to keep doing it.

bobs fed signature
Please use plain text.
Message 42 of 66 (522 Views)
Uncharted Territory
1397 posts

Jun 22, 2013
I am sorry that happened and had no idea that it had. It bears no reflection of who I am, what I stand for or the intention of this activity. I understand the whole 'once burned twice shy' thing but it would be unfortunate to let the actions of one xharacter flawed individual dictate your involvment in other activities. Believe it or not....some people are just good natured. Just as sure as there are vile people among us there are also the good ones. I would hope to be counted in the latter of the two. I have invested quite a bit of time into Home and to sully my reputation over a 20 dollar playstation card seems insane to me. I simply would receive more pleasure from this 20 dollars seeing the community come together in this (what ciuld be) a great moment rather than buy yet another space...or shirt...LMO... or without it being branded a popularity contest with the deck stacked against everyone... I wish you all the good fortune to participate in future upcoming contests. There is a world of goodness we can all bring forth and I think these are the times we really need to do it.
Please use plain text.
Message 43 of 66 (492 Views)
Welcoming Committee
4010 posts

[ Edited ]
Jun 23, 2013

Playstation Home is...

A place where the poor can be rich, the confined can escape, the lonely can socialize, the shunned can be adored, the infirm can be virile, and the old can be young...and all of it is powered by the imagination

I wrote ^^this in another thread and I thought I would expound on it here for the contest. 

I have made wonderful friends that are transgender and they told me that Home was the first place they felt like themselves.

I've read testimonials of people who are agoraphobic and Home allows them to go to the mall, bowling alley, or park, WITHOUT FEAR.

I've read about people who were confined to wheelchairs that can get up and walk, neh RUN!... neh FLY!, because of Home.

I've met the bedridden (due to age, or illness) that can run, dance, and play all night long, right alongside healthy teenagers, and never get tired, because of Home.

I have friends that are shunned and laughed at, in the real world, because of the way they dress, but in Home, someone wearing animal ears or a tail, doesn't garner a second look, or thought.

There are so many more examples, but I think you get the idea. I love Home not just for what it's done for me, but for what I've seen it do for SO MANY other people. 

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Please use plain text.
Message 44 of 66 (402 Views)
Uncharted Territory
1272 posts

Jun 24, 2013

Home to me is/was a place to meet new people,hang with friends and a great place to blow money. I may never get on home again (unless theres another gz edo event) but i had fun the 2 yrs i was on home till it got old.    

Please use plain text.
Message 45 of 66 (346 Views)
PlayStation MVP
4607 posts

[ Edited ]
Jun 24, 2013
Wow Digiman to your comment. How nice and its a pleasure to be on your list. Your very smart and well spoken. Glad to have met you
sony playstation gif photo: Playstation. tumblr_m1ilz5Zv2H1qk2rgdo1_500_large.gif
Please use plain text.
Message 46 of 66 (314 Views)
Lombax Warrior
143 posts

Jun 24, 2013

Well, I know i'm not going to win but hey, i wanted to say this, Home has changed my life dramatically, times when i would feel suicidal, i could get on home and forget stress, times when i had a rough day, home eased the stress, And it helped me cosplay, discover new games, meet some awesome friends, Home is my home in virtual reality (wow, i sounded like such a no life)

“I might have laughed, if I had remembered how".– Max Payne
Please use plain text.
Message 47 of 66 (304 Views)
Uncharted Territory
1397 posts

Jun 24, 2013
I'm glad you found Home. Sometimes I lose focus of the good. Home has a wonderful side full of generous caring people. I'm glad you can see it and that it has been helpful to you. It has been helpful to me also. Even the adversity of the forum builds character and I am thankful for you and your perspective.
Please use plain text.
Message 48 of 66 (378 Views)
Lombax Warrior
143 posts

Jun 24, 2013
Why thank you kindly, just thought i'd share :smileytongue:

“I might have laughed, if I had remembered how".– Max Payne
Please use plain text.
Message 49 of 66 (404 Views)
PlayStation MVP
854 posts

Jun 25, 2013
What PlayStation Home means to me is how I love the games I play, all the Community Events that happens, and all the nice people I have met. PlayStation Home is my way of having fun and it feels like my Home. I've been around on PlayStation Home since Closed Beta. Happy Home Days! :smileyvery-happy:
mew
Please use plain text.
Message 50 of 66 (360 Views)