Please use plain text.
Message 11 of 66 (831 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
2916 posts

Re: ***WIN A 20$ PLAYSTATION NETWORK CARD***

[ Edited ]
Jun 22, 2013

This is a very nice gesture. But I also agree that kudos probably isn't the best way to go. I would enter myself but I live in Canada and these psn cards are region coded so it wouldn't work for me. I know because of another user inspired contest I won a few months ago lol. Plus I'm not part of the in-crowd anyways. :manembarrassed:

But good luck to everyone, and right now it looks like your winning Mr.First... :mantongue: 

bobs fed signature
Please use plain text.
Message 12 of 66 (818 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
4444 posts

[ Edited ]
Jun 21, 2013

Home..to me...It brought us gamers all together...It has always kept me addicted and on PSN...the people and items on Home..extremely wonderful. Home is one of the greatest things to happen to me. No matter what anyone else says

Please use plain text.
Message 13 of 66 (814 Views)
Survivor
987 posts

[ Edited ]
Jun 21, 2013

oh Gee, I'll enter, and keep it simple. What Home means to me :

Friends

When I 1st got to Home, I saw all the beautiful ladies, and handsome men. I felt out of place here.

I went on a diet, visited the Salon and Spa, bought a new swimsuit, and got me some Tatts. Success !

129_2.jpg

Oh, edited to say : Thank You, MrFirstPlayer for your time, effort, and prize. You are a goodnatured soul.

If I win, I will buy more friends clothes

:smileyhappy:

photo the_Lil.jpg
Please use plain text.
Message 14 of 66 (802 Views)
Gaming Beast
1605 posts

Jun 21, 2013

Home means to me to always try and help others less fortlunate and to oppose bullies and/or trolls.  I also promise that if I win I will donate my winnings to my favorite charity.

Please use plain text.
Message 15 of 66 (755 Views)
Welcoming Committee
4010 posts

[ Edited ]
Jun 21, 2013

AbysmalDawna wrote:

Home means to me to always try and help others less fortlunate and to oppose bullies and/or trolls.  I also promise that if I win I will donate my winnings to my favorite charity.

I like it! What's the name of your charity?:smileywink:

Home is Where the Heart is2.jpg

*Disclaimer* original image taken from www.hsmagazine.net  

Is that against the rules?

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Please use plain text.
Message 16 of 66 (750 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
602 posts

Jun 21, 2013

PlayStation®Home Picture 7-30-2011 8-09-39.jpg

Home is the Canvas. We are the artists. My controller is the paint brush. Thats what Home is to me.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Please use plain text.
Message 17 of 66 (732 Views)
Ghost of Sparta
7328 posts

Jun 21, 2013

Very nice of you to hold this contest for the Home community OP. I'm sure most appreciate the gesture and aren't concerned about the kudos or even winning it. It should be more about the fun of playing along.

Please use plain text.
Message 18 of 66 (717 Views)
Uncharted Territory
1397 posts

Jun 21, 2013
Thank you myalana.
Please use plain text.
Message 19 of 66 (691 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
1431 posts

Jun 21, 2013

This is one of my favorite posts I wrote a while ago and that got brought back up recently.  I can't sum up my Home experience much better than this and still keep it under a million words.  No kudos necessary please.  Those who haven't already read it have fun.

A Journey Through Home

It's been quite a ride.  5/15/2009, a lazy May day, sometime in the afternoon, I took the plunge into the unknown.  I finally clicked on that mysterious "Home" icon I'd seen for so long but knew nothing about.  I went through the motions of reserving space for this, and downloading that, and before long I was in this place called Home.  The exact series of events elude me now, but I remember I was offered some limited time free space called Chamber Apartment.  With some trepidation I downloaded it, and in hindsight, OMG, what good fortune that was.

I was given a tour of my new personal space called Harbour Studio.  I was shown how to communicate, and how to select and dress up this little avatar guy that was to be me.  How cool.  I recall spending a fair amount of time in Wardrobe, changing features and dressing my guy up.  I was pretty proud of the end result (laughable today, what a dork he was).

It was time to go out in public.  My arrival into Central Plaza was uneventful.  I saw people standing around talking, some dancing, some sitting, some in groups, some alone.  I walked around discovering the space.  I stopped off to the side and practiced, as so many newbs do, my L1 and R1.  I liked the R1 moves, they seemed fun.  L1 replies seemed too limited.  I practiced sentences with the virtual keyboard, but man they took forever to type.  I spoke to no one and no one spoke to me.  Nobody came up to me and gave me a hard time.  No one came up to me period.  I decided to travel somewhere else.

Pressing start and clicking on some random tile, I downloaded another space.  I don't recall which was first, but I eventually went to all of them.  They were all different and yet all the same.  They looked different but they all had the same thing to do in them, nothing.  A few had games, but none of which got my attention.  I felt a little lost, unsure of what to do.  There seemed to be a purpose to this "Home", but it eluded me.  I decided it just wasn't for me.

Fastforward to December of '09.  I don't know where or what is was that I learned of a new game in Home called Salt Shooter, but I thought I'd give it a try.  Hooked.  What a game.  Best 5 bucks I've ever spent.  My purchase history shows I bought the pilots jacket on Christmas, 2009.  I played it almost nonstop for a couple of days, finally beating level 50.  There was no Plasma Emitter offered then, so the game was pretty tough, but I did earn my level 5 jacket.

I decided to explore Home again.  I found another space I hadn't been to, Uncharted 2.  I played the 3 mini-games, and was intrigued with one called Fortunate Thieves.  It was a simple game, yet complicated.  I played it quite a bit.  The opening screen of the game shows where the trinkets are that you want to collect, for about 2 seconds, then they disappear.  Hmm.  Using a digital camera, I started taking a shot of that opening screen.  I was unbeatable, except with the few opponents that were doing the same thing.  I played the game a lot.  I made my first real friends at this space.  Through these friends, I finally found that elusive purpose of Home.  It was them, my friends.  Yea, some of the games were fun, but playing with friends was better.  One friend had Neptune Suite, which we spent tons of time at, playing the games, bringing new friends over to play and win the rewards.  Lots of fun.

Those friends are gone now, but I thank them for the memories.  I could write a small book of my experiences between that time and now, but I won't, this is long enough.  I virtually live on Home, and my friends list is filled with some of the best one can imagine.  Home's growth has exploded since my first step into it, as has my ability to interact with it.  I'm a loner at times, but most times I hang with friends, teaching them what I can, and often learning from them, most times though just having fun, after all, that's what Home's about. 

Did anyone notice the date?  My avatar turned 3 4 today.  I think in Home years that makes him pretty old.  He'll be wearing his party hat for himself this time, and maybe have some virtual cake later.  What a blast Home is.

It has it's ups and downs, and I'm often critical of it, but I anxiously await to see what the future has in store for Home.  And thank-you my friends for making my Home experience that much better.

So...how's your journey been?    :smileyhappy:  Dean

Nice contest MrFirstPlayer.  Thanks and have fun with it.

Posted Image
Please use plain text.
Message 20 of 66 (679 Views)