Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Apr 07 2009
By: Faux_Smoke I Only Post Everything 1250 posts

They don't deserve kudos...

47 replies 4 views Edited Apr 7, 2009

For doing their jobs.

I'm tired of seeing them in the list of top kudoed authors, when they're only posting because its a part of what they're paid to do.

Sure, once in a while, something seems to be genuinely worthwhile as a response or post , go for it, but the whole lot of you who give them kudos any time they post something new... Knock it off already.

Subwaydesign got into the list because he posted an idea about a PS3 home bundle and really did something worthwhile by being proactive as a posting member of the community. I've seen people cry "KUDO ABUSE" before, but here when there's an obvious case, you don't read a word. So, again, knock it off already, jumping them to the top of the list of kudoed authors makes it harder to find worthwhile and meaningful posts coming out of the community & that's why the system was created in the first place.

They float all of those threads as information for the community, because that's their job... They don't deserve kudos for doing that.

Please use plain text.
Message 1 of 48 (4 Views)
Uncharted Territory
1564 posts

Re: They don't deserve kudos...

Apr 7, 2009
Are kudos used for something I'm unaware of?

Conspiracy:Walkthrough.

Please use plain text.
Message 2 of 48 (4 Views)
Monster Hunter
44 posts

Apr 7, 2009

if you take them to the store, i think you can trade them for something REALLY cool.

that and they move 'popular' and 'relevant' threads higher in the search list...

Please use plain text.
Message 3 of 48 (4 Views)
Wastelander
773 posts

Apr 7, 2009

Faux_Smoke wrote:

For doing their jobs.

I'm tired of seeing them in the list of top kudoed authors, when they're only posting because its a part of what they're paid to do.

Sure, once in a while, something seems to be genuinely worthwhile as a response or post , go for it, but the whole lot of you who give them kudos any time they post something new... Knock it off already.

Subwaydesign got into the list because he posted an idea about a PS3 home bundle and really did something worthwhile by being proactive as a posting member of the community. I've seen people cry "KUDO ABUSE" before, but here when there's an obvious case, you don't read a word. So, again, knock it off already, jumping them to the top of the list of kudoed authors makes it harder to find worthwhile and meaningful posts coming out of the community & that's why the system was created in the first place.

They float all of those threads as information for the community, because that's their job... They don't deserve kudos for doing that.

I do have to say that I agree with you on this one. The ones that are getting Kudos should be the active members on the forum. CydoniaX, Locust_Star, & BuggieTechnica work for Sony and i'm sure the kudos really don't do anything for them at all. They just post what they are paid to and that is that. Every now and then they post in another thread when they find time, not very often that I have seen though. I don't think that they should be getting all these kudos when they are just doing their job either. As much as I respect the Home Coummunity Managers and what they do, I still disagree with giving them kudos on every post that they make.

NelsonAK

For Help or rules of the forumThe Guide...

4-Respect Home TEAM!!!!!
OWNER OF 4-Respect (GW), (GW)1, (GW) 2, (GW)3, (GW)4 clubs. Strongly believe that all Clubs/
Please use plain text.
Message 4 of 48 (4 Views)
Fender Bender
4030 posts

Apr 7, 2009
 I agree too. The only time they deserve kudos is when they own someone.
Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Please use plain text.
Message 5 of 48 (4 Views)
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
1959 posts

Apr 7, 2009

slamdrink wrote:

if you take them to the store, i think you can trade them for something REALLY cool.

Wait, what?  Is this true?

Please use plain text.
Message 6 of 48 (4 Views)
0 Likes
VP of Gaming
25461 posts

Apr 7, 2009

I do give kudos to CydoniaX and Locust_Star if I feel what they had posted was sound, yet the responses are negative. It is my virtual "pat on the back" and a "thank you" for the work they are doing. I want them to know that I support their efforts to make Home and this forum better and more interesting.

As for the rest of the community, I will give a kudo to ideas that I agree with or to a well thought out positive post (whether I agree with the statement or not). But, if someone has a good idea, but their post is very negative (cursing or putting blame on someone) I will not kudo their message.

The way you play the game is the way you live your life.

Please use plain text.
Message 7 of 48 (4 Views)
I Only Post Everything
1087 posts

Apr 7, 2009
A lot of posts on this forum don't deserve kudos, but they still get them.  It's because people are abusing the kudos system to get their friends to the top of the list.  I don't use kudos any more, even on posts that do deserve them.  It's useless at this point.  They should just remove the kudos system altogether since it has no value.
Please use plain text.
Message 8 of 48 (4 Views)
I Only Post Everything
1200 posts

Apr 7, 2009
you are right.. I am taking back all the Kudos I gave you
Please use plain text.
Message 9 of 48 (4 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1087 posts

Apr 7, 2009

Feltos wrote:
you are right.. I am taking back all the Kudos I gave you

If that was directed at me, I am fine with that.  As I stated before, kudos have no value.
Please use plain text.
Message 10 of 48 (4 Views)
0 Likes