Nov 07 2012
By: Subtenko Fender Bender 4213 posts

There's still an Elephant in the room..been there for years now..

21 replies 587 views Edited Nov 7, 2012

This has always been brought up in my mind along with other videos at least once every year since this was shown..

Now being a part of a team,company, etc. You do not want to talk about most things they you have planned on or skipped...dagon I really wish they would talk about this stuff right now in the present day,lol.. I just want to bring it up since hardly ANYONE is..

Yes we are seeing some things being brought into home like dropping EOD tv's while they are playing (apparently possible now as I saw an advert for it).

Now we need this and Open Mic back (Like DC Universe) Proximity chat can be turned on or off. All of the extraverts can be happy and all the introverts wont have a problem. Much better than going up to someone and saying (Hey..wanna chat/wanna mic chat? Like anyone does that IRL..so awkward). You can also mute certain people if you are wondering about that feature..

So yea..lets hurry up and get this Elephant completely out the room..it made one step towards the door and another. Why not completely set it free instead of holding it captive! D: Do the Home community managers still take note of these things?

--------NEW PlayStation All-Stars Forums-------
http://www.playstationallstarsarena.com/forums
- Join the PlayStation All-Stars Arena with us.Contest, Tournaments, Updates, & More! New Forums Too!

Please use plain text.
Message 1 of 22 (587 Views)
I Only Post Everything
1197 posts

Re: There's still an Elephant in the room..been there for years now..

Nov 7, 2012
I'd rather initiate a chat then have to be bothered muting people all the time.
Please use plain text.
Message 2 of 22 (570 Views)
Fender Bender
4213 posts

Nov 7, 2012

halo_nothing wrote:
I'd rather initiate a chat then have to be bothered muting people all the time.

You would have the option, why not give another option to people since other games have it anyway?

- Join the PlayStation All-Stars Arena with us.Contest, Tournaments, Updates, & More! New Forums Too!

Please use plain text.
Message 3 of 22 (564 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1197 posts

Nov 7, 2012

Personally I still don't think it's a good idea because to me it would be more annoying having to mute people constantly.

Please use plain text.
Message 4 of 22 (545 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
4213 posts

Nov 7, 2012
To be fair someone might consider your method annoying tho. It's nice to have options for both sides. Anyone who would rather use invites instead would be using that and anyone who wants it to how it was before but improved could also pick that option

Everyone wins

Please use plain text.
Message 5 of 22 (518 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
162 posts

Nov 7, 2012

what i hate about open chat, and this goes for every game that has it is the people that keep it active fulltime.

i do not need to hear the feedback from your tv, or the radio blasting to drown out your parents, or your kid yelling in the background, or just the static your bad mic makes (you get the hint)

i find myself more often than not muting the full tv when open mic is active due to these things.

it makes gameplay a lot more irritating.

plus on Home we do not need open mic...thats all we need...rooms full of fighting Fams yelling at eachother, people on their troll accounts being 10 times more irritating, some 13 year old cussing just so they can, someone feeling that all need to hear the music they like or the personal fight they are having with someone in their house.

i wont even get into the fact that in the past there were ways to hack into someone elses account through having them join voice chat with you and get their ISP as well as account info that is on the PS3.

nor will i go into the effect it will have on the thousands who will have to change the gender of avi they choose to play Home with since the voice will no t match the avi :smileytongue: (you know its true)

i think the mic chat option how it is now is right for Home...optional be choice to those who want to use it in public spaces and open in personal spaces.

Please use plain text.
Message 6 of 22 (512 Views)
Fender Bender
4213 posts

Nov 7, 2012

IE_m0nkeyb0y wrote:

what i hate about open chat, and this goes for every game that has it is the people that keep it active fulltime.

i do not need to hear the feedback from your tv, or the radio blasting to drown out your parents, or your kid yelling in the background, or just the static your bad mic makes (you get the hint)

i find myself more often than not muting the full tv when open mic is active due to these things.

it makes gameplay a lot more irritating.

plus on Home we do not need open mic...thats all we need...rooms full of fighting Fams yelling at eachother, people on their troll accounts being 10 times more irritating, some 13 year old cussing just so they can, someone feeling that all need to hear the music they like or the personal fight they are having with someone in their house.

i wont even get into the fact that in the past there were ways to hack into someone elses account through having them join voice chat with you and get their ISP as well as account info that is on the PS3.

nor will i go into the effect it will have on the thousands who will have to change the gender of avi they choose to play Home with since the voice will no t match the avi :smileytongue: (you know its true)

i think the mic chat option how it is now is right for Home...optional be choice to those who want to use it in public spaces and open in personal spaces.

If you dont want it then you would not turn the option on then. Works out for you and works out for those who want it. Also when I say open mic I mean open mic in proximity. Also if there is a way to hack then they wouldnt have the option on for inviting people in the first place. On that note anyone can get your ISP and info right now while your using the internet.

We have a mic option now while other in the past said to not even include it for no reason. Are the people who didnt want the feature complaining about how there is an option to use it when they dont use it? No, so the same can be done for open mix proximity chat for those who wish to turn that option on :smileyhappy:

Please use plain text.
Message 7 of 22 (487 Views)
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
1961 posts

[ Edited ]
Nov 7, 2012

How about no? Sony closed it off because of the trolling, racial slur, and spam flooding everywhere on the first day of open beta.

sword-art-online
Please use plain text.
Message 8 of 22 (445 Views)
PlayStation MVP
29005 posts

Nov 7, 2012

I think Group and Club Voice options work really well. The Home Team weighed all the requests for voice and they came up with a pretty good solution in my view. I doubt we'll ever see open voice outside of these venues again.

Please use plain text.
Message 9 of 22 (432 Views)
Treasure Hunter
4373 posts

[ Edited ]
Nov 7, 2012

Correct me if I'm wrong, but in that Video, at about the 2:00 mark.  Way off in the distance.  Did I see Yoda fighting the Emperor?

Be One With The Game.

Please use plain text.
Message 10 of 22 (425 Views)