Search instead for 
Do you mean 
I Only Post Everything
543 posts

Re: [Theory] 2014 is PS Home's final year

[ Edited ]
Mar 1, 2014

Tarazuma wrote:

Really, I'd like to see someone attempt counter any of my points made in this post. Doing so will only prove you are a sycophant who can't think outside of the cold, sterile box that Sony provided you. Your steadfast dedication to their horrendous business decisions without speaking up or expressing dissatisfaction is not admirable, it's sad, and it's one of the the reasons why PS Home has gone downhill, and will continue to until it shuts down.

I have a real problem with this statement, which is why I will only post this one response. Tara, with the exception of maybe one obvious regular forum poster (and I think we all know to whom I am referring so there's no need to name), I really haven't seen any of these “Pro-Sony” “sycophants” you speak of. Yes, there are people who are happy to be on Home and point out it's virtues, myself included. But these same people have also been highly critical of the hacks, the ISE, the lack of communication, the annoyances involved with things like inventory (again, myself included). As for the “return of retired spaces” argument, that has already been suggested by many people (a chorus of which, you guessed it, I have also joined). That is unfortunately all we can do and its a realistic possibility that will not happen. It doesn't mean that our voices were not heard.

At this point, all I can do now is enjoy Home, quirks and all, until they fix it, replace it, or pull the plug altogether. I hope for the former, but if the latter is the case. I will move on and find something else. I read that the other company is considering bringing back a social gaming experience similar to “1 vs.100” which it ran in 2009 and was the one thing that extracted me from Home back then. And if PS4 counters with something better, then they'll also have me at Hello. I like to think the future looks bright. It's no **bleep** use trying the resurrect what's behind you. We're all moving forward anyway.

But what do I know?  I guess I too am a “sycophant” in a “cold, sterile box Sony provided me”. And if my “steadfast dedication” to counter this [THEORY] is only regarded to as a mere “attempt” with no possible means for dialogue, but only monologue, then I'm left with no choice but to dare state that this thread has run its course.  Have a good day and try to enjoy Home.  I know I will.

P.S. To Mur:  * stands, applauds, and whistles * I could not have said it any better.  :womanhappy:

Photobucket
Message 81 of 88 (376 Views)
Gaming Beast
1464 posts

[ Edited ]
Mar 1, 2014

@ITCOB1I was thinking of making a topic about this for a while over the past 2 months, but I gave it the benefit of the doubt to see if things would get better. They've only gotten worse, and the delayed Star Trek content was the staw that broke the camel's back for me.

I was hoping to bring about some attention to the disatisfaction of customers on here in case any of the higher-ups monitor this forum or feedback on it. They probably won't, but it's better to try this then remain completely silent.

@Miss_Ann_ThropeApparently no one read the post I made directly after Mur's right here. That comment you and others have quoted was not directed towards people just enjoying what we currently have on Home. As I said, I haven't quit Home myself.

That comment of mine everyone keeps quoting was ONLY directed towards anyone justifying Sony's actions in delaying content, not releasing old items, not bringing back old spaces, and giving out generic responses on major Home issues. It was NOT directed towards people simply enjoying Home. 

And true, so far Danger_Dad's post was the only pro-Sony post on here.I just meant if anyone else tried to justify Sony's stupid business decisions, that they, whoever they may be, would just prove themselves as sycophants who believe "Sony knows best".

I'm actually going to edit that comment to clarify what I meant.

Message 82 of 88 (322 Views)
Welcoming Committee
9378 posts

Mar 1, 2014
You are an elegant speaker with apt observations IMO Tara. Sometimes a bit heavy on the passion, but I understand what its like to try to be heard by management no matter how drastic the means. I sit in the middle of this myself as someone who appreciates the effort put forth thus far, but it (Home) is still far from perfect. Feedback is a good thing, and hopefully someone actually pays attention that things seem to be in decline in Home in some areas and acts upon it. Cutthroats, RC Rally and those challenges are a good start. Lets keep fixing whats broken here, we all want a better Home. I am glad we are all still here discussing how to improve our Home :smileyhappy:
Support Forums
Message 83 of 88 (309 Views)
Uncharted Territory
1097 posts

[ Edited ]
Mar 1, 2014

You know, it really doesn't surprise me that a lot of the devs are slacking lately.  Since the switch from CP to the hub and other "core" spaces they have added loads and loads of new content.  LMO's, and Dance Packs that we all love so much.  The problem is, once they started adding all the fun new stuff, people started complaining more and more.  Wanting more and more.  You're sitting there typing all these hateful things about them, calling them names such as "moron" and "idiots", its no wonder they don't want to continue to try and please you or the rest of the home community.  They spend a lot of time, and money working on these things for us and  all they ever see is these hateful remarks.  Nothing any of them do is ever good enough.  They've spent years trying to make us happy, giving us the things we want.  They've spoiled us to the point of no return.  Nothing makes the home community happy anymore.  So why should they continue to try.  I will agree that the end of days is approaching on pshome, but thats about the extent of it.  I think its more our fault than theirs.  If I was to run a business with so many ungrateful and rude costumers, I wouldn't be very motivated to continue offering them my services either.

I'll also agree with the loading times.  When we had the update where everything started being saved to the "cloud"  Everything WAS loading a lot faster, but not so much anymore.  Its still loading faster than before but not by much.  What happened? 

~~~~~~~~~ Show No Fear - Fortune Favors The Bold! ~~~~~~~~~
Message 84 of 88 (285 Views)
Gaming Beast
1464 posts

Mar 2, 2014

Um, fisticuffs? Aside from what I said about about O-two/peakvox, none of  my comments were directed towards 3rd party devs. Sure, their reskins are getting sickening, and transportation-type LMOs should be a thing of the past, but the 3rd party devs are literally the only thing keeping PSHome alive at the moment, seeing as Sony all but abandoned it and refuses to bring back old items/spaces/events and first party content from other regions to make up for the lack of new stuff.

My comments towards O-two were made after they said that they have no plans to release any further items in NA PSHome. No matter how nice I was, they refused to release the stuff here. So what's the point in being nice anymore if they've already made up their mind (or lack thereof) and set it in stone? Might as well say what I feel. 

Message 85 of 88 (245 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1536 posts

Mar 2, 2014

Tarazuma wrote:

Um, fisticuffs? Aside from what I said about about O-two/peakvox, none of  my comments were directed towards 3rd party devs. Sure, their reskins are getting sickening, and transportation-type LMOs should be a thing of the past, but the 3rd party devs are literally the only thing keeping PSHome alive at the moment, seeing as Sony all but abandoned it and refuses to bring back old items/spaces/events and first party content from other regions to make up for the lack of new stuff.

My comments towards O-two were made after they said that they have no plans to release any further items in NA PSHome. No matter how nice I was, they refused to release the stuff here. So what's the point in being nice anymore if they've already made up their mind (or lack thereof) and set it in stone? Might as well say what I feel. 

only thing i wouldnt mind a reskin of is of this outfit that us guys got but the females didnt

but that aside i agree with some of your arguments Tara! 

female  origional 

future female .jpg

male reskin 

red future male.jpg

Raptr Gamercard

The Death of Home is apon us! Deal with it!
I like R2 options!
Message 86 of 88 (207 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1097 posts

Mar 2, 2014

Tarazuma wrote:

I wasn't directing that towards you alone, nor was in regards to just the 3rd party devs, but the entire home team, and a majority of the community that do nothing but complain and put them down after they have spent years making this FREE service as enjoyable for us as they possibly can.  Its had a nice run, but I'm sure they are well aware that we, the community as a whole, will never be satisfied.  Therefor, I agree with you that it will be coming to an end soon.  Maybe even this year, as you said. 

~~~~~~~~~ Show No Fear - Fortune Favors The Bold! ~~~~~~~~~
Message 87 of 88 (182 Views)
0 Likes
Last Guardian
11843 posts

Mar 2, 2014

Tara, your taking this thread to serious

photo AL2009manBanner2013_zpsd80ecc86.png
Message 88 of 88 (142 Views)
0 Likes