Survivor
2641 posts

Re: The oldest should be first for BETA

Apr 9, 2007
I been supporting Sony for 11 years ...ever since the PSone and Im only 15 ...so why sould you get that first??
Photobucket
Message 31 of 40 (3 Views)
0 Likes
Rux
Treasure Hunter
5135 posts

Apr 9, 2007

Dark_Pheonix wrote:
I dont think that would work... I am only 14 and I have not been gaming for 10 years but I have owned all the PS systems...

Same here.
Who says gamers can't start, and be young?

Message 32 of 40 (3 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
121 posts

Apr 10, 2007

janamil wrote:
lets see...
in 15 more days, you will have been here for 4 years!!!
and you only have 72 posts, and you think sony would choose someone like you?!

The total amounts of posts a person puts up really has no bearing on their ability to assess and spend time in a Beta. It just shows that the person is very discriminating with when they want to voice their opnion(s).  The majority of posts put up by people on this site are regergitated from someone elses original opnion. As I've said many times before, everyone needs to throughly read each post before mouthing off.

Even within this topic most the people think the title is refering to age, and not to experience (even though most times these go hand in hand). They didn't even bother to read the explination (the people who have supported Sony products for many years, and have also been continual first adoptors of their gaming products), and just fire off a response to what they think the topic is really about.
Message 33 of 40 (3 Views)
0 Likes
Keyblade Wielder
10233 posts

Apr 12, 2007

Sandman6932 wrote:

Clinton514 wrote:
I prefer that people who constantly make threads about the beta not be allowed in the beta.

I second ^^^^ ,

i third^^^
Message 34 of 40 (3 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
3380 posts

Apr 12, 2007
Im 100 years old, and I've been enjoyin playstation since Crash Bandicoot, Need For Speed, Resident Evil, and Tomb Raider on my ps1!!!:smileyhappy: hehe.
=====oo7PorscheMGS=====

"Men do less than they ought, unless they do all that they can." ~ Thomas Carlyle.

*** PS: People who camp a loss because they are too AFRAID to come out and FIGHT... people that don't RUSH over to HELP when their TEAMMATES are in a gunfight, and people who BACK OUT when they encounter a CHALLENGE and LEAVE their CLAN / FRIENDS behind in a room disadvantaged.... shouldn't be playing TEAM games, because they obviously don't know what the word TEAM is all about. REAL gamers+teammates+friends only please.***
Message 35 of 40 (3 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
203 posts

Apr 12, 2007
Well I feel that going by the date signed up is the wrong way of doing it, even basing on GAP membership is wrong. What I feel Sony should do is how many older beta MMO's would. First you get the obligatory information, then ask for previous beta experience (not necessarily a deciding factor). Finally have them type a little information as to why they would be a good candidate for the beta. This will allow the people to get a little more information on the person applying. It also shows if the person can form coherent thoughts and convey it to others in a message. What Home beta should be about is not the "hahaha I got in first", but a desire to help developers find problems. Then you type a detailed email (or post on a message board) with all that you did when this problem occurred.
Anyways that what believe it should be about, not some arbitrary date.

Message Edited by Themlasu on 04-12-2007 06:44 AM
Ports to forward to the PS3:
TCP - 80, 443, 5223
UDP - 3478-3479, 3658

In climbing beyond the realm of mortality, there is no disgrace in defeat. In the winds of space there is no dishonor in death.
-Joseph Wilcox (regarding Denali)
Message 36 of 40 (3 Views)
0 Likes
Rux
Treasure Hunter
5135 posts

Apr 12, 2007

***007PorscheGT*** wrote:
Im 100 years old, and I've been enjoyin playstation since Crash Bandicoot, Need For Speed, Resident Evil, and Tomb Raider on my ps1!!!:smileyhappy: hehe.

Uh oh, please don't have a heart attack while playing Resistance

Message 37 of 40 (3 Views)
0 Likes
Ghost of Sparta
17376 posts

Apr 13, 2007
I completely disagree. Despite the fact that I've been here for nearly three years, I think that doing it by the amount of time someone has owned a Playstation brand console is stupid. What would be the point to doing that anyway?

Message Edited by brush fire on 04-13-2007 02:00 PM
Message 38 of 40 (3 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
5946 posts

Apr 13, 2007

Shnozzle wrote:

default001 wrote:

Solid snakeps3 wrote:
old people shouldnt be playing videogames...they certainly shouldnt get special treatment for being old either. btw i started playing my first ps in 95 so dont give me bullcrap about how only old people could have done that

You should lose your right to free speech, because it's honestly not doing anyone any good.

He's right. Older.. erm.. adults dont usually play video games. Don't they usually go to work, maybe golf with some business partners?
I wouldn't see an accountant come to work, and the boss asking him what he did over the weekend, and the accountant said, "I was playing video games"

He said that they should not be playing Video Games. I know plenty of adults who play video games and that are, for your information, older than 40 years old. "So? It's my opinion" you may say yes, it is your opinion; but you should honestly keep it in your tiny brain.

Who develop these games? Oh! right, all 20 year olds do it. They have all the experience don't they? I don't think do. Maybe you should educate yourself before making such bold statements.
deep, titanic, make the dance panic, one-a-penny, two-a-penny, vibe you can't manage

My Hiscores | infrared Gaming Community
Message 39 of 40 (3 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
8 posts

Apr 14, 2007
my first game was a ATARI and all the way to Playstation3..  THE GIFT THAT KEEPS ON GIVING
                                         BEWARE I LIVE

Message 40 of 40 (3 Views)
0 Likes