Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Fender Bender
3145 posts

Re: The funny thing about HOME / AWARDS --- MUST READ

Apr 8, 2007

zalphaOmega wrote:
There's going to be an imaginary world in which I have an imaginary house where I will put the imaginary awards I won performing imaginary tasks as an imaginary person in a completely different imaginary world. So if you're wondering what separates a hobby from psychosis, the answer is "about 600 bucks."

So, in essence, the Trophy is an indicator of how you've squandered your life. When you're on your deathbed, instead of having to agonize over each poor choice and missed opportunity in your life, you can just check your imaginary thrphy room. "87 trophies," you'll scream, gripping the bed frame with the last of your strength. "I lived a hollow pastiche of an existence!"

Thoughts?

Don't be jealous xbot boy maybe MS will respond to Sony with something interesting like Home JUST FOR YOU!

~ Hardcore Alliance ~ 68-30-2 ~ 111440 Valor ~
Message 11 of 34 (20 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
319 posts

Apr 8, 2007

zalphaOmega wrote:
There's going to be an imaginary world in which I have an imaginary house where I will put the imaginary awards I won performing imaginary tasks as an imaginary person in a completely different imaginary world. So if you're wondering what separates a hobby from psychosis, the answer is "about 600 bucks."

So, in essence, the Trophy is an indicator of how you've squandered your life. When you're on your deathbed, instead of having to agonize over each poor choice and missed opportunity in your life, you can just check your imaginary thrphy room. "87 trophies," you'll scream, gripping the bed frame with the last of your strength. "I lived a hollow pastiche of an existence!"

Thoughts?

It's all relative. This post looks as if it was written with the sole intention of provoking an argument. In which it succeeded. Games and everything about them, have always been ment to be an escape. An adventure for you to play through, something in which you cannot do in real life (which is why I never got into the sports games). The "fantasy" of being able to fly, or have "Special Powers" is a childhood dream. Thus realized through the medium that is Video Games. So to refer to games, more specifically, the upcoming Home project, as psychosis, is purely argumenative and negatively opinionated. To say that you'll be on your "deathbed" looking back on your life and remembering the Home experience as a waste of your life, a "hollow pastiche of an existence", is profoundly naive.

If people wanna look forward to this and be excited about it, let them. Good for them. In this life you can spend/waste your time on any number of things. Whether it be informative, educational, or merely enjoyable....if it brings you happiness what does it matter what form it comes in. For you personally, zalphaOmega, sounds like your time will be better spent doing something else.

Finally got my Gaming Blog up! Check it out, www.PrimitiveCreation.com
Leave a comment if you enjoyed my articles/reviews, thanks!
Message 12 of 34 (20 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
83 posts

Apr 8, 2007
this guy is just mad because mommy wont buy him a ps3 and he doesnt have enough money to buy one get a job and stop trying to throw people off with your post that is really referring to yourself
Message 13 of 34 (20 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
341 posts

Apr 8, 2007

zalphaOmega wrote:

Thoughts?

hmmmm. sounds just like a video game. And then it struck me..... HOME IS ON A VIDEO GAME SYSTEM!!!!
Gamer Advisory Panel Member
Message 14 of 34 (20 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
741 posts

Apr 8, 2007

Just2Fresh wrote:
When im on my deathbed, ill  have all my achievements posted for everyone to see and ill say "your all noobs" and die.

haha
Message 15 of 34 (20 Views)
0 Likes
Rux
Treasure Hunter
5135 posts

Apr 8, 2007

tubby2160 wrote:

hmmmm. sounds just like a video game. And then it struck me..... HOME IS ON A VIDEO GAME SYSTEM!!!!

No way!

Message Edited by Shnozzle on 04-08-2007 07:19 PM
Message 16 of 34 (20 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
972 posts

Apr 8, 2007

stl.gangster wrote:

turnadzic wrote:
well how is it imaginary when other people can view those awards to, its not like its just numbers and u look at them...... boring at least u can view real awards

actually, its being processed by a cpu, and it only knows numbers, and true/ false boolean conditions, so to be honest, at its root it is just some numbers...... and its just some statistics of some meaningless things you've acomplished, not any real contributions to society....

tch, if I wanted to contribute to society, I'd volunteer or some crap like that. who cares how a cpu sees stuff like that. all that maters is how people see it. work on your arguments, cause they're lame.
PSN: CaptainKillface, XBL: mechakucha
Message 17 of 34 (20 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1768 posts

Apr 9, 2007
a lot of people play games to escape reality, im a real person 23 hrs out of the day, i have a job, a wife, and 2 kids. Imaginary trophies just make it a little more interesting
"yeah FFXIII is taking too long because they are trying to put in cameltoe physics" -TEYLIX-
"if you have anything less than 10 Gig internet service, you may experience problems" -Burnya001-
Message 18 of 34 (20 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
2722 posts

Apr 9, 2007
Ill bet you 20 bucks that

zalphaOmega
does not owna ps3, and is a jealous female dogg
PSN : PwnStar12 -
5.0L Mustang Owner

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
Message 19 of 34 (20 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3258 posts

Apr 9, 2007
after reading the 5th post down i had to stop myself from reading more. Truly sad
Message 20 of 34 (20 Views)
0 Likes