Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Apr 08 2007
By: zalphaOmega~ First Son 20 posts

The funny thing about HOME / AWARDS --- MUST READ

33 replies 34 views Edited Apr 8, 2007
There's going to be an imaginary world in which I have an imaginary house where I will put the imaginary awards I won performing imaginary tasks as an imaginary person in a completely different imaginary world. So if you're wondering what separates a hobby from psychosis, the answer is "about 600 bucks."

So, in essence, the Trophy is an indicator of how you've squandered your life. When you're on your deathbed, instead of having to agonize over each poor choice and missed opportunity in your life, you can just check your imaginary thrphy room. "87 trophies," you'll scream, gripping the bed frame with the last of your strength. "I lived a hollow pastiche of an existence!"

Thoughts?

Please use plain text.
Message 1 of 34 (34 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1324 posts

Re: The funny thing about HOME / AWARDS --- MUST READ

Apr 8, 2007
well how is it imaginary when other people can view those awards to, its not like its just numbers and u look at them...... boring at least u can view real awards
PSN: NinjaGaru - G.A.P. - Join Gamefly.

nox01
Please use plain text.
Message 2 of 34 (34 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3757 posts

Apr 8, 2007
Sometimes real life sucks
Please use plain text.
Message 3 of 34 (34 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
402 posts

Apr 8, 2007

ZeroMiss wrote:

Please use plain text.
Message 4 of 34 (34 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
6545 posts

Apr 8, 2007

turnadzic wrote:
well how is it imaginary when other people can view those awards to, its not like its just numbers and u look at them...... boring at least u can view real awards

actually, its being processed by a cpu, and it only knows numbers, and true/ false boolean conditions, so to be honest, at its root it is just some numbers...... and its just some statistics of some meaningless things you've acomplished, not any real contributions to society....
Please use plain text.
Message 5 of 34 (34 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1338 posts

Apr 8, 2007
When im on my deathbed, ill  have all my achievements posted for everyone to see and ill say "your all noobs" and die.
Original 60GB PS3 dead
Second 250GB Slim in action

Playing a lot of FIFA 10 and MW2 right now
GT5 Hurry up please
Please use plain text.
Message 6 of 34 (34 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1644 posts

Apr 8, 2007

SixxPack wrote:

ZeroMiss wrote:

Photobucket
Please use plain text.
Message 7 of 34 (34 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3302 posts

Apr 8, 2007

stl.gangster wrote:

turnadzic wrote:

actually, its being processed by a cpu, and it only knows numbers, and true/ false boolean conditions, so to be honest, at its root it is just some numbers...... and its just some statistics of some meaningless things you've acomplished, not any real contributions to society....

That's video games in a nutshell..  Whats the difference between that ,and scoring the game winning 3 pointer in that street basket ball game I was playing with my buddies yesterday afternoon?.. Nothing, they are simply hobbies.. You play for fun.
Please use plain text.
Message 8 of 34 (34 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1072 posts

Apr 8, 2007
if i am on my deathbed i will see my life flash in front of me and i will see me slaying noobs left and right
Ps3 owner
PsP owner
Ps2 owner
Ps1 owner

PS3 TAG-KILLERSPARTAN
curently working on :Metal Gear

Please use plain text.
Message 9 of 34 (34 Views)
0 Likes
Rux
Treasure Hunter
5135 posts

Apr 8, 2007

zalphaOmega wrote:
There's going to be an imaginary world in which I have an imaginary house where I will put the imaginary awards I won performing imaginary tasks as an imaginary person in a completely different imaginary world. So if you're wondering what separates a hobby from psychosis, the answer is "about 600 bucks."

So, in essence, the Trophy is an indicator of how you've squandered your life. When you're on your deathbed, instead of having to agonize over each poor choice and missed opportunity in your life, you can just check your imaginary thrphy room. "87 trophies," you'll scream, gripping the bed frame with the last of your strength. "I lived a hollow pastiche of an existence!"

Thoughts?

Video gaming itself is "imaginary"

In essence, the trophy  is an indicator of how skilled you are in certain games. It takes skill to get 10 headshots in 5 seconds. It takes skill to break a record in Motorstorm.

And stop acting like people play video games 24/7...
I play three hours a week if I'm lucky. Getting trophies is just a sense of acknowledgement for how well you have done.

What would you rather get.... trying hard and getting no credit, or trying hard, and getting a trophy?

My thought is: If you don't like video games, leave the forum
Please use plain text.
Message 10 of 34 (34 Views)
0 Likes