Mar 14 2007
By: otic101 I Only Post Everything 1010 posts

The big announcment?

9 replies 15 views Edited Mar 14, 2007
    Do you think sony will send out some type of message that they have opened the siite for download since; they did say on april but no exact date. Do you think they will make a anouncment at the end of march, or at the beginning of april stateing the exact date the beta file will be available?
Please use plain text.
Message 1 of 10 (15 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
860 posts

Re: The big announcment?

Mar 14, 2007

Otic wrote:
    Do you think sony will send out some type of message that they have opened the siite for download since; they did say on april but no exact date. Do you think they will make a anouncment at the end of march, or at the beginning of april stateing the exact date the beta file will be available?

I smell a big April fools slap in the face
Please use plain text.
Message 2 of 10 (15 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1010 posts

Mar 14, 2007
wouldn't doubt it myself but sony did say april and no exact date, yet the march update hasn't even been announced. Could the first 15,000 to download the next update get it and wont be active till april?
Please use plain text.
Message 3 of 10 (15 Views)
0 Likes
Keyblade Wielder
10063 posts

Mar 14, 2007

Otic wrote:
wouldn't doubt it myself but sony did say april and no exact date, yet the march update hasn't even been announced. Could the first 15,000 to download the next update get it and wont be active till april?

I think it is more of a random selection rather than a contest to who downloads the fastest, but I really can't tell, but in my opinion I really seriously doubt that it would be based on that factor, because they also have to get people that are going to give the right kind of feedback they want and you can't judge that by allowing beta testers to test just because they where in the first 15,000 people to download an update
Please use plain text.
Message 4 of 10 (15 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
2722 posts

Mar 14, 2007

Otic wrote:

Post of the day!!! Right there!! hahaha good call

Yeah, umm i dout any of us will get into the beta, 15000 people, 1.7 mill owners, we have no chance. Mainly becacuse its all for developers.
PSN : PwnStar12 -
5.0L Mustang Owner

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
Please use plain text.
Message 5 of 10 (15 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1010 posts

Mar 14, 2007
I would love for them to squeez some ps3 peers to join into the beta since we are what "makes" a game top sellers with our wide spred of entertainment system knowleg along with the tech support from develepors.
Please use plain text.
Message 6 of 10 (15 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
2184 posts

Mar 14, 2007

Bobert wrote:

Otic wrote:

Yeah, umm i dout any of us will get into the beta, 15000 people, 1.7 mill owners, we have no chance. Mainly becacuse its all for developers.

LOL
Facts please, not baseless opinions. No one has said anything along those lines, or even suggested it, and if you read my math yesterday, you'd understand that it's highly unlikely (almost impossible) for the devs to take every spot.

EDIT: Added colors.

Message Edited by SwissArmyBud on 03-13-2007 10:41 PM
Playstation 3 from Target on 11/17/06: $649.49
Sony 480i/p 720p 1080i/p Projector: $5,000.00
Playing Resistance: Fall of Man on a high definition 200" screen: Priceless

Please use plain text.
Message 7 of 10 (15 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1010 posts

Mar 14, 2007
I'n no way am i saying that there is gonna be a announcment for the beta drop date what i am trying to say is that there should be one to make this beta more clear to the public
Please use plain text.
Message 8 of 10 (15 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
2722 posts

Mar 14, 2007

Bobert wrote:

Otic wrote:

LOL
Facts please, not baseless opinions. No one has said anything along those lines, or even suggested it, and if you read my math yesterday, you'd understand that it's highly unlikely (almost impossible) for the devs to take every spot.

Q: Can we reserve a number of seats for the closed & open betas?

Yes, please liaise with your 3rd Party Account Manager and request the number of seats that your company requires. If you do not have a TMLA, please register your interest at http://home.scedev.net and an appropriate Home Platform representative will contact you shortly.

and the fact that there are 10,000+ dev kits out to 3rd parties and sony is running their own internal beta - who's members will be part of the 15k. I would say that less then 7k will be PS3 none developers (AKA you)  for the 1st round - so it probably does influence number of open seats.

HMM? FACTS WHAT? READ B4 YOUR CHIRP!!

PSN : PwnStar12 -
5.0L Mustang Owner

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
Please use plain text.
Message 9 of 10 (15 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
860 posts

Mar 14, 2007

SwissArmyBud wrote:

Bobert wrote:

Otic wrote:

LOL

EDIT: Added colors.

Message Edited by SwissArmyBud on 03-13-2007 10:41 PM

And if you read my math over in the ~Beta Information~ thread you will see that it is highly unlikely that any of us will get to be a part of the Beta.

Message Edited by Bern80 on 03-14-2007 09:08 AM

Message Edited by Bern80 on 03-14-2007 09:08 AM
Please use plain text.
Message 10 of 10 (15 Views)
0 Likes