Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Reply
Lombax Warrior
Registered: 12/21/2007
Offline
100 posts
 

Re: The amount of negativity on this board is astounding...

Jan 29, 2009

DANOTORIOUSROD wrote:

PeuswahBoy wrote:

DANOTORIOUSROD wrote:

Wolverine8780 wrote:

DANOTORIOUSROD wrote:

mallhall wrote:
I agree 100% I read the forums everyday Not to listen to people complain. But to keep up on the news. I get sick of seeing negative comments everytime I go into the forums. Home so far is more advance than any other interactive community out there to date.  I'm a firm believer that sony will stay ahead of the game. Those people out there That have nothing better to do but b..ch about nothing. It don't matter what you do. Those people will always fine something to complain about.  My advice is if you don't like home for what it is. Than stay out of home. That simple. We don't want you there.

This comment and others like it are completely wrong!!!  But instead of writing a book on your tail note this: you and other fanboys will be the reason that Sony and Home fail!!!  You do no good at all!!  I address you and your fanboy kind here: http://boardsus.playstation.com/playstation/board/message?board.id=ps3home&thread.id=534397


Sup Rod , just wanted to say .. that thread changed how I post here and i thank you for  that.


Wolvie my man you are a class act all the way!!!  Thank you for the comment! 

 

See fanboys Wolvie and myself are on almost complete opposite sides of Home as far as our views on the product.  However we both understand why we each feel the way we do.   We can disagree on Home but we respect each others opinion.  We have an open mind when it comes to others opinions.

 

That's why Wolvie rocks and you don't.  




I'm sorry, but when you start by calling others "fanboys", proceed to say that you have an open mind to others opinions, then conclude with an exclusionary comment, it just seems aggressive and contradictory. I have no problem with your opinions, and actually agree with some of them. I just think that, in this instance, you come off very aggressively.

Oh I am aggressive but please explain how I'm contradictory.  I explained the reason why I call people fanboys. Not every person who likes Home in it's present form is a fanboy.  Once again I have excellent dialogs with posters on this board who have the polar opposite opinion of Home than myself.  Now if you would please explain why you think I'm being cratradictory.  I also encourage the person who kudoed his comment to offer their opinion as well.

 

As far as aggressiveness that me all the way.  If I'm passionate about something you will feel it.  I love PS3. Easily my favorite system.  But I'm not blind.  I see there is a mishandling of business at Sony. Hardware sales have dropped.  The company as a whole is losing money and fanboys on this site want to tell some of the NEW consumers to not go into Home (which lowers traffic and keeps them from being at least tempted to buy virtual goods) all because we do not believe what they believe.  Heck yeah I'm aggressive...fanboys are harming Sony and Home.  

 

I would NEVER tell anybody not to log into Home.  That would be counterproductive.  In the end fanboys who discourage people from using Home are thinking only of themselves.  That's why I have no problem calling them fanboys or kool-aid drinkers.  They are not helping. 

Message Edited by DANOTORIOUSROD on 01-29-2009 08:23 AM



To preface this, please understand that I'm not trying to flame you here, just voicing my opinion on the post.

The reason I see your post as contradictory is partially my own hang up. I *hate* the term fanboy, as well as having a problem with people who exhibit fanboy traits. I see the merits and shortcomings of all my systems, and believe myself to be fairly objective in my viiew of the upsides of all of them. To me, calling people fanboys has a negative connotation, because of my personal viewpoint on the matter.

Now, the other portion of my seeing your post as contradictory is because you state that you have an open mind to others opinions. You then make the blanket statement that you and "wolvie" rock, and others don't. Maybe a figure of speech, or even a throw away comment, but it definitely doesn't lend itself to discussion. My interpretation of that statement is something along the lines of "We are right, and you are wrong". That, in and of itself, is why I believe that your statement appears contradictory.

I wholeheartedly agree with your concept of "fanboys" ruining everything that they touch, though. Any time you cannot be objective, regardless of the issue, you are closing yourself off to alternatives.
Please use plain text.
Message 61 of 64 (8 Views)
Lombax Warrior
Registered: 10/24/2007
Offline
164 posts
 

Re: The amount of negativity on this board is astounding...

Jan 29, 2009

BitRunner wrote:

DANOTORIOUSROD wrote:

tabsok58 wrote:

DANOTORIOUSROD wrote:

Wolverine8780 wrote:

DANOTORIOUSROD wrote:

mallhall wrote:
I agree 100% I read the forums everyday Not to listen to people complain. But to keep up on the news. I get sick of seeing negative comments everytime I go into the forums. Home so far is more advance than any other interactive community out there to date.  I'm a firm believer that sony will stay ahead of the game. Those people out there That have nothing better to do but b..ch about nothing. It don't matter what you do. Those people will always fine something to complain about.  My advice is if you don't like home for what it is. Than stay out of home. That simple. We don't want you there.

This comment and others like it are completely wrong!!!  But instead of writing a book on your tail note this: you and other fanboys will be the reason that Sony and Home fail!!!  You do no good at all!!  I address you and your fanboy kind here: http://boardsus.playstation.com/playstation/board/message?board.id=ps3home&thread.id=534397


Sup Rod , just wanted to say .. that thread changed how I post here and i thank you for  that.


Wolvie my man you are a class act all the way!!!  Thank you for the comment! 

 

See fanboys Wolvie and myself are on almost complete opposite sides of Home as far as our views on the product.  However we both understand why we each feel the way we do.   We can disagree on Home but we respect each others opinion.  We have an open mind when it comes to others opinions.

 

That's why Wolvie rocks and you don't.  


 

To those who would call people fan boys because they do not like negativity let me offer you this definition of constructive criticisim and complaining:

 

A complaint is a blunt and irrational observation that is quickly articulated without any prethought and provides little to no solutions for the problem or suggestions to fix the problem being complained about.

Constructive Criticism is the contrary in formation,observation, and goal; it is a statement in which, like a complaint, a problem/dislike is noticed and noted. But it is clearly thought through, and it is not just blurted out from a stupid mouth but makes a point which is followed by ideas for a feasible solution and resolution to the problem.

 

now that understood maybe you can understand the ops problem with negativity.


 

 

I do not call anyone a fanboy because they don't like negativity.  I call you a fanboy when you do not take into consideration other's opinions, or tell a fellow gamer to (in so many words) go to hell, or give an basied opinion and try to relay it as fact, and many other offenses I refuse to type out right now (I might smell a new thread here).  Alot of my fanboy views is addressed here:  http://boardsus.playstation.com/playstation/board/message?board.id=ps3home&thread.id=534397

I had no qalms with the OPs thread as a whole....it's alot of the trash that people put after the thread that I have a problem with.  You took the time to give definitions so I'll take the time to also copy and paste.  Do you think these are constructive posts:

 

...

A very well constructed list of stupidity in this thread as well as arguments.

...


 

I used to get a bit annoyed by that kind of stuff too, unnecessary threads basically saying "If you don't like Home go freakin' play on the other RRODing console" come up every day.  As I've said before, if you want Home to be a success, don't drive off the community by acting like children and trying to horde Home for yourself unless you're willing to pay the bill for everyone for it to be a continued success.  Unfortunately the general education level on these forums seems to be of the grade school variety so a lot of people just don't get it, and never will.

 

What I'm really hoping for is that eventually if Home gets enough features (see my suggestion thread about blogs and forums in Home), maybe these forums won't be necessary anymore except for technical support to get on Home.


Amen bro. I with you on that! I go to alot of forums take Soul Calibur 4 for example.  The complaints we get on that board are pretty minor but because most of the features are intact and Namco delivered on mostly everything they promised they do not have the issues with their customers like Sony does.  Do SC4 have issues? Yes. But they have given the gamers enough content to satisfy the majority. 

 

Please use plain text.
Message 62 of 64 (8 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
Registered: 12/06/2008
Offline
120 posts
 

Re: The amount of negativity on this board is astounding...

Feb 3, 2009
Ima have to agree with ya, but looking at the forums now, negativity is definitly down. Dare I say because of you Peu? No idea, but its good to see the complainers are taking a nap and we are seeing some progress in the community.
Photobucket
The direct use of force is such a poor solution to any problem, it is generally employed only by small children and large nations.
Please use plain text.
Message 63 of 64 (8 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
First Son
Registered: 02/04/2009
Offline
1 posts
 

Re: The amount of negativity on this board is astounding...

Feb 4, 2009

I agree whole Heartedly* 

 

Amy* 

Please use plain text.
Message 64 of 64 (8 Views)
Reply
0 Likes