Fender Bender
2981 posts

Re: The Potential of Folding@home at Home.

May 16, 2007
Thats a pretty F@#$%^ good idea dude.I like that.Especially since Home is free, i think it just might dissuade lawbreakers,cheaters,glitchers and such.Ha like community service!As far as Ps3 shelf life,electric bill and such its suppose to be a punishment.This country considers CONVICTED criminals feelings way too much.Sony should let them know they mean business!If u violate others civil rights,u should forfeit yours.Nice idea man its something that i think should be done across the PSN board,not just at Home.U don't like it follow the rules or leave.
Down '74 the Getaway!!!
Please use plain text.
Message 11 of 16 (6 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
90 posts

May 16, 2007

PlAyStAtIoNx3 wrote:

no one is forced to do anything

Actually this suggestion is based around the idea of forcing you to use Folding as punishment for violating the TOS of home once it goes live.  I'm guessing you failed to see the words "you have to" in the original idea.  The assumption is that he would like to see this become a mandatory punishment.  I don't see anything optional about it.

FABeous wrote:

Thats a pretty F@#$%^ good idea dude.I like that.Especially since Home is free, i think it just might dissuade lawbreakers,cheaters,glitchers and such.Ha like community service!As far as Ps3 shelf life,electric bill and such its suppose to be a punishment.This country considers CONVICTED criminals feelings way too much.Sony should let them know they mean business!If u violate others civil rights,u should forfeit yours.Nice idea man its something that i think should be done across the PSN board,not just at Home.U don't like it follow the rules or leave.

Where do you people come from?  I mean seriously, can you actually picture Sony implementing a policy such as this?  Anyone violating the TOS should be dealt with there is no argument about that but it should be handled in the traditional way.  Suspensions and Bannings are the traditional forms of punishment and I see no reason to change them.  Before you say that type of punishment doesn't work keep in mind every piece of hardware has a digital finger print (MAC address) and can very easily be denied access to the PSN.  There have already been several cases of this happening where someone tries to login only to find their access has been suspended.

While you're at it why not just have Sony fly around the world kicking in the doors of those who break the rules.   They could throw them in shackles revive chain gangs and send them into the fields to work and earn credits to once again play home.  Maybe a two points for every rock you break or five points for every ditch you dig system?  Points required would be based upon the severity of the offense.

Rediculous? .................. Exactly.

Please use plain text.
Message 12 of 16 (6 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
95 posts

May 16, 2007
i like the idea, but there are a few things that would need to be ironed out, forcing people to run it does bring up questions about forcing people to leave the ps3 on extra time.  power/life span reasons are the big issues i can see.
@}>~~~>~~'~~~~,~~~~~~~~~~~~~,~~~~~~~~~~'~~~~~~~~~~~~~~|[%%%}
Peter: Ok, here's another riddle. A woman has two children. A homicidal murderer tells her she can only keep one. Which one does she let him kill?
Brian: That's... that's not a riddle. That's ... that's just terrible.
Peter: Wrong, the ugly one!
Please use plain text.
Message 13 of 16 (6 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
356 posts

May 16, 2007
that a good idea but jerrt is right
Got My Ps3 March 16 2007
PSN ID: Biglipsxi
Please use plain text.
Message 14 of 16 (6 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
54 posts

May 19, 2007
So maybe give the rule breakerrs an option. Folding or another punishment, such as temporary banishment.
Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Please use plain text.
Message 15 of 16 (6 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1659 posts

May 19, 2007
no thats dumb
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please use plain text.
Message 16 of 16 (6 Views)
0 Likes