Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Feb 15 2013
By: Hazgazemos Hekseville Citizen 269 posts

The New Auto Storage Mini-game

26 replies 574 views Edited Feb 15, 2013

Some people use the term bug or glitch, some even say it's just an "undocumented feature".  Sure it is.

Ha ha Sony I really like this game that Auto Storage is playing.  Some kind of Auto Storage A.I. thinking I need it's help. 

First level Wardrobe behaves itself. 

Once it gets to level 2 or 3, it decides you have too much stuff and decides to put some away from you.  It also decides that my favorite choices are wrong and removes those bad ideas of mine. 

The great wardrobe tug-of-war begans.  I decide, hey, let me just put everything in storage and select a few favorites.  Seems like a good idea but then level 4 kicks in.  Auto Storage has a tummy ache and begans a fashion projectile vomit runway show.

At level 5, Auto Storage decides to up the ante and test your memory.  It rearragnes your clothes and marks them as "New" give me a gold star... gee thanks....hey wait a minute here.... I bought this last month.

Long story short, the "Auto Storage" script, A.I., is playing pranks on me and I don't like it.  That or my PS3 is haunted.  Touche Sony, touche.

Message 1 of 27 (574 Views)
Uncharted Territory
1649 posts

Re: The New Auto Storage Mini-game

Feb 15, 2013

When you have your wardrobe the way you like it, push "Keep" for each respective section.

Also note that both genders share wardrobe limit space.

Message 2 of 27 (567 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
269 posts

Feb 15, 2013

I did press keep.  Keep means keep what you have on. Doesn't explain why old items got marked as newly bought.  It doesn't just mess with wardrobe, it messes with furniture storage also. 

Last night I had to hunt down a pair of pants.  I swear Auto Storage has become sentient.

Message 3 of 27 (550 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1649 posts

Feb 15, 2013

Keep seems to do more than that.

Whenever I tried to fix my wardrobe, the changes never saved. Next time I signed back in, everything was reverted back to being a mess.

When I used Keep, nearly all my changes were saved. Whenever I sign back in, my wardrobe is no longer a mess.

Message 4 of 27 (540 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
269 posts

Feb 15, 2013

I will try it again later. 

Those 100 item bundles sony sells seem like a good deal until Auto Storage.  What a nightmare, I have over 300 items because of these bundles.

"The things you own end up owning you."  -Tyler Durden.

No doubt.

Message 5 of 27 (516 Views)
Sackboy
380 posts

Feb 16, 2013

LunarEmerald wrote:

Keep seems to do more than that.

Whenever I tried to fix my wardrobe, the changes never saved. Next time I signed back in, everything was reverted back to being a mess.

When I used Keep, nearly all my changes were saved. Whenever I sign back in, my wardrobe is no longer a mess.

Yeah, I thought my changes were saved too. Today I moved everything to Storage. No more Autosave message. Logged off/on Home. Moved some items out of Storage. Logged off/on Home. No Autosave message. Everything was still in place. Looked good. Did that several more times. Changes stuck. Good.  Went to friend's space, changed my clothes while there as a test. Everything looked fine. Logged off, went on EU acct, came back to my NA account, logged on Home. Went into Wardrobe - got Autosave message again and my wardrobe/Inventory/furniture are all scrambled. :smileysad:  Not messing with it anymore. 

Message 6 of 27 (438 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
2980 posts

[ Edited ]
Feb 16, 2013

Hazgazemos wrote:

Some people use the term bug or glitch, some even say it's just an "undocumented feature".  Sure it is.

Ha ha Sony I really like this game that Auto Storage is playing.  Some kind of Auto Storage A.I. thinking I need it's help. 

Once it gets to level 2 or 3, it decides you have too much stuff and decides to put some away from you.  It also decides that my favorite choices are wrong and removes those bad ideas of mine. 

The great wardrobe tug-of-war begans.  I decide, hey, let me just put everything in storage and select a few favorites.  Seems like a good idea but then level 4 kicks in.  Auto Storage has a tummy ache and begans a fashion projectile vomit runway show.

At level 5, Auto Storage decides to up the ante and test your memory.  It rearragnes your clothes and marks them as "New" give me a gold star... gee thanks....hey wait a minute here.... I bought this last month.

Long story short, the "Auto Storage" script, A.I., is playing pranks on me and I don't like it.  That or my PS3 is haunted.  Touche Sony, touche.

I've been having that same exact problem with my wardrobe and furniture items. I tried making a thead in PS Home support, but all they did was merged mine with other threads about the new patch. I hope they fix this problem soon as it gets really annoying having to find certain items in the sea of 100s of items I own already. Don't be surpised is they move this to PS Home support and just merge it with 10 other threads. They don't like hearing about any complaints we have about the new patch.

bobs fed signature
Message 7 of 27 (422 Views)
0 Likes
Ghost of Sparta
16259 posts

Feb 16, 2013

Hazgazemos wrote:

too funny, good post. maybe there will be a reward at the end?

Message 8 of 27 (356 Views)
0 Likes
Ghost of Sparta
7538 posts

Feb 16, 2013

harley7 wrote:

Hazgazemos wrote:

too funny, good post. maybe there will be a reward at the end?

There IS a prize. Come play the lame contest and test your luck:

http://community.us.playstation.com/t5/PlayStation-Home/Another-Lame-Contest-Pick-Your-Prize/m-p/395...

Message 9 of 27 (349 Views)
Monster Hunter
41 posts

Feb 17, 2013

can someone get rid of this auto storage rubish please cause its really annoying?

Message 10 of 27 (312 Views)
0 Likes