Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Jan 25 2012
By: DetectiveLaw Splicer 51 posts

The LAIR club

[ Edited ]
254 replies 1330 views Edited 2 weeks ago

http://i329.photobucket.com/albums/l372/anamri/stuff/withouthomelogo-Copy-Copy-Copy.png?t=1302894707

We would like to thank all of you Plairs, for your support and interest in the games we make - and for your terrifically talented puzzle-solving skills!  It's been a great journey.   

Thank you,

The Lair Staff - °j°m

Here are some of our past games:

One Last Game

by anamri, DarkMagickan, & tdarb

Our last game took place December 14th, 2014.  Plairs received an invitation to a museum opening.

Upon arrival, an ominous voice informed them that the museum had been taken over,

and turned into an evaluation of Whovian intellect!  The Plairs weakest links were tested by, Anne Droid -

Who they won as a tour guide. As Plairs found their way among the winding TARDIS corridors,

they contended with riddles, puzzles, and even recreational mathematics!

Plight of the Saints

by Spectre531

This game is from July 28th, 2013.  Starting out as a gift to one of the LAIR staff,

we just had to share this game with the Plairs.  The whole game was a giant poem!

Plairs had to work together trying to free the Saints with the clues provided in verse.

This was our first game with a video ending, and also our first story with an alternate ending,

if Plairs lose!  It was truly a one man show, with Spectre taking the lead

to make something very generous and epic!

Hungover

by Tdarb

This game is from February 24th, 2013.  In this story, Detective Law had a wild night out,

and woke up in a dumpster with a golden elephant statue, which he has no idea where it came from!

Considering Law's hangover, the Plairs were enlisted to do the back-tracking for him, to find out what happened.

Between chasing down waitresses, playing the ultimate wing-man, and helping invent a new drink -

the Plairs showed Law how to party like champions!

Crime Scene Challenge

by Anamri

We put on this game September 17th, 2012.  It's was a challenge made for the Angels & Demons club.
Non-club members were encouraged to join for the event.  In his game, all the clues were within one room.
As such, it was a shorter event ; about forty-five minutes long.  It was the first time that a LAIR event could be lost,
as we pitted the factions against each other to see who could solve the crime first
!

Twins, murder, mayhem, deception, and a pet gorilla -

this game truly had it all (including some pretty crazy theories by our Plairs)!

Game Over

by Anamri

http://i993.photobucket.com/albums/af54/The-Lair-Group/ADsmall.gif?t=1312653104

This story is from August 2011.  It's theme was gaming.

We went old-school with this one and included some off-Home activities, which were

graphic text adventure mini games written specifically for this event.  This marked the beginning of our

implementation of ARG elements.  Law called on the Plairs to help a gaming champion get back in the competition.

This event also taught the Plairs some mad skills - like how not to fill their pockets with fire!

https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/-lH8MNViXHgI/Tjt_nUheRiI/AAAAAAAAANE/wWmUrh-Seso/s800/GOArCADE3.jpg

The Horror of Home

by DarkMagickan

http://i781.photobucket.com/albums/yy100/DetectiveLaw/THOH/THOHtrailerLONG.gif

This game took place in October, 2010. 

Dr. Grayson released an evil entity on the Home community.  Detective Law called on the Plairs to work

together in teams to find the evil creature.  After chasing it away from prospective victims and laying a trap,

Plairs then lured the monster to the only place where it could be banished -

the high temple in the Uncharted 2 space, of course!

A maddening adventure that had Plairs running around as if their hair were on fire!

King Neptune's End

by Anamri

http://i993.photobucket.com/albums/af54/The-Lair-Group/Pics%20Miss%20Ana%20Made%20for%20Plairs%20Site/ADD.gif?t=1312128551

This was our first game way back on, July 25th, 2010.  Our longest game to date - around 4 and a half hours!

King Neptune was killed, and the Queen called in Law and his crew!  They not only solved the case,

but discovered a new language, patched up a lover's quarrel, and prevented the assassination of the Queen herself!

This game had all the Plairs shouting, "MURDERERRRR!", by the end! :smileywink:

LAIR Staff:

@anamri 
@tdarb 
@DarkMagickan 
@Y2David 
@Spectre531 

Message 191 of 255 (1,330 Views)
Fender Bender
3127 posts

Re: The LAIR presents - King Neptune's End

Jul 19, 2010

Testing the Sig...

Well the Sig works great yet I think we found a small spelling error that might be need to be fixed, sig back up soon...

Whoohoo... Works Like a Charm now, and Thanks to Tdarb its spelt right lol

Photobucket
Message 1 of 255 (1,330 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1156 posts

Jul 19, 2010

Mine works too

Photobucket
 photo CT3WinnerBanner_zps9eb2b641.png
Message 2 of 255 (1,330 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
1852 posts

Jul 19, 2010

Thank you Bene!! 

Message 3 of 255 (1,330 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
2169 posts

Jul 19, 2010

Signature check, bonus signature content check as well, lol

XLR8LIFE (Pronounced: AC-CEL-ER-ATE LIFE)

PlayStation MVPs | GT Saturdays | Monday Night Racing | GT Series

Message 4 of 255 (1,330 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
1852 posts

Jul 19, 2010

DetectiveLaw wrote:

Merci!

he he he!  Oui oui, Monsieur!

XL, I like what you did with the bottom link! 

I'm glad you guys enjoyed the story!  Thanks again, for all your help in testing.  It was SO much FUN!

LAIR

The LAIR Playstation Forum Thread

Message 5 of 255 (1,330 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
2169 posts

Jul 19, 2010

DetectiveLaw wrote:

THANKS XL! 

Bene & XL, you guys are the best testers in the history of testers! LOL

Seriously, we enjoyed your involvement in the story!  Not to mention you two were hilarious when solving clues! 

Merci!

Grazie to you all as well :smileywink:

Anytime you need help let me/us know, I'll help out anytime I'm available.  I'm sure ben says the same, lol

Hope others enjoy and get into the story as much as we did, very creative and great job too all of you.

XLR8LIFE (Pronounced: AC-CEL-ER-ATE LIFE)

PlayStation MVPs | GT Saturdays | Monday Night Racing | GT Series

Message 6 of 255 (1,329 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
51 posts

Jul 19, 2010

THANKS XL & BEN! 

Seriously, we enjoyed your involvement in the story!  Not to mention you two were hilarious when solving clues! 

Merci!

Message 7 of 255 (1,329 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3127 posts

Jul 20, 2010

xlr8life wrote:

DetectiveLaw wrote:

THANKS XL! 

Merci!

Grazie to you all as well :smileywink:

Anytime you need help let me/us know, I'll help out anytime I'm available.  I'm sure ben says the same, lol

Hope others enjoy and get into the story as much as we did, very creative and great job too all of you.

LOL 

Ya you guys were Awesome-2-The-MAX   lol  You were a great addition to the Game... It was so cool to see your reactions and hear both of your great accents, Ill have those videos up after the Game is Over and give you guys the Links. 

I think it might be a good Idea Miss Ana, we do have them listed somewhere on the KNE site, yet it might help, we should  ask the other too to see if they mind, Yet its a good Idea! 

Photobucket
Message 8 of 255 (1,329 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1254 posts

Jul 21, 2010

I really hope I can make it this Sunday. Am very excited for this.

Good job all.

Message 9 of 255 (1,329 Views)
0 Likes