Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Oct 25 2012
By: PSHomeGazette First Son 13 posts

The Horror Showcase

25 replies 766 views Edited Oct 25, 2012

"Sony Computer Entertainment America LLC is not responsible for this promotion." 

PS Home Gazette and the Deco Pros cordially invite you to The Horror Showcase this Saturday evening, October 27th, 2012 from 8pm EDT – 12am EDT.

Saturday will prove to be a frightful night as you join a member of the undead for a haunted tour of three personal spaces. While there you may just be asked a question that could prove to be very rewarding by the end of the night, so pay attention. After the tours have ceased, we will meet at the Adventure District for a Horrifying Great time as we dance the night away. Make sure to come dressed in your best costume, there will be a Costume Contest at the end of the evening.

Hosts: chicagotops, Dlyrius, Esco887, Recca_Hanabishi

Reps: Cynella as PSHomeGazette, Stryctnin, Ixarix, Stevev363, Pokemon_Mew_24

First Tour 

The night will begin at 8pm EDT with the first tour. If you are interested in attending the first tour, add and join PSHomeGazette in the Adventure District by 7:45pm. (The earlier, the better.)

We will have a total of 4 Hosts conducting tours, each tour will contain no more than 10 people per group. Once the Hosts are full, there will be no more additions until the 2nd tour, no exceptions.

The first tour will begin at 8pm and run until roughly 8:45pm EDT.

Second Tour 

The second tour will begin at 9pm EDT. If you are interested in attending the second tour, add and join PSHomeGazette in the Adventure District by 8:45pm. (The earlier, the better.)

We will have a total of 4 Hosts conducting tours, each tour will contain no more than 10 people per group. Once the tour is full, there will be no more additions. Future tours can be arranged upon request.

The second tour will begin at 9pm and run until roughly 9:45pm EDT.

Trivia 

During your tour, the Host will  take you to three different spaces.  At some point, they will ask you a trivia question. The first person to send the correct answer to the Groups Representative via a PM will be the winner. (This person will be introduced at the beginning of the tour and again before the question is asked.)  However, the winners will not be announced until the Halloween Party and you have to be present to win, or the prize goes to the next person.

*Prizes Graciously donated by PSHomeGazette and chicagotops* 

Halloween Party 

After the tours have commenced, we will be holding a Halloween Party from 10pm to Midnight. Come dressed in your best Halloween costume and join in the fun. During the party we will announce the winners of the Trivia questions, prizes will be awarded at the end of the party.

At the end of the evening we will be holding a Costume Contest and reward prizes to the top 3 winners. One winner will be chosen by a panel of pre-selected judges for each category listed below.

• Most Original Costume
  • Funniest Costume
  • Scariest Costume

Prizes 

Prizes will be awarded at the end of the party, this will allow for everyone to enjoy the party without interruptions. Prizes have been graciously donated by PSHomeGazette and chicagotops.

Important: You must be present when Trivia winners are announced to receive prize!

If you have any questions, please contact: Cynella via the PSN or via  email, cynella@pshomegazette.com.

Facebook Event Page: https://www.facebook.com/events/443407455695093/

Please use plain text.
Message 1 of 26 (766 Views)
PlayStation MVP
29068 posts

Re: The Horror Showcase

Oct 25, 2012

Sounds like fun! :smileyhappy:

Please use plain text.
Message 2 of 26 (759 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
13 posts

Oct 25, 2012

There will be 4 different Hosts giving tours.

chicagotops, Dlyrius, Esco887, Recca_Hanabishi 

Each host has put a lot of time into decorating three spaces. 

If you choose to participate in the tour, you will be paired with one host for the duration of the tour. If you are interested in seeing the other tours, you can request for a tour at a later date. 

At the Gazette we believe in community. This event was designed to encompass the community, please be respectful.

If you have a preference of whom you tour with, please let me know beforehand, I'll do my best to accomodate. 

Thanks. 

- Cynella 

Please use plain text.
Message 3 of 26 (659 Views)
0 Likes
Welcoming Committee
4759 posts

Oct 25, 2012
Anyway........ Back on topic.

Looks like it will be a great night, I look forward to it. I'm sure all involved will have a blast regardless of who is hosting.

Legendary_Vicki's SigLegendary_Vicki   Welcoming Committee v2.0   IamNinjaRabbit

Please use plain text.
Message 4 of 26 (608 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
5846 posts

Oct 25, 2012
I'm happy this event is going on. Savage, I hadn't planned on attending because of my schedule but I know if you have a certain person you wish to avoid I know pshg will be more than happy to work with you :smileyhappy:
visit our webpage @ http://enchelada.pshomegazette.com/

friend me on fb @ http://facebook.com/TheWholeEnchelada

follow me on twitter @ http://twitter.com/WholeEnchelada

whatch the show on youtube @ http://www.youtube.com/user/cheladapsn?feature=mhee

Dont eat the hot dogs, dont eat the subs EAT THE WHOLE EN-CHELADA!

Please use plain text.
Message 5 of 26 (603 Views)
PlayStation MVP
29068 posts

Oct 25, 2012

Legendary_Vicki wrote:

Looks like it will be a great night, I look forward to it. I'm sure all involved will have a blast regardless of who is hosting.

Recca is on my list although I could boot my alternate Claire off it to add another account. :smileywink:

Please use plain text.
Message 6 of 26 (600 Views)
Welcoming Committee
4759 posts

Oct 25, 2012

Joanna_Dark_ wrote:

Legendary_Vicki wrote:

Recca is on my list although I could boot my alternate Claire off it to add another account. :smileywink:

Huh? He's on my list too lol. Will you be coming Jo? :smileyvery-happy: I'm looking forward to it, looks awesome :smileyhappy:

Legendary_Vicki's SigLegendary_Vicki   Welcoming Committee v2.0   IamNinjaRabbit

Please use plain text.
Message 7 of 26 (592 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
29068 posts

Oct 25, 2012

Yes I'll try too. I should be back to Home in big way again. I've been sidetracked while working on my Resident Evil Platinum which I should have complete later today or this evening if all goes well.

:smileyhappy:

Please use plain text.
Message 8 of 26 (587 Views)
Lombax Warrior
189 posts

Oct 25, 2012
Sounds very interesting hope I could attend this event.
Please use plain text.
Message 9 of 26 (578 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
628 posts

Oct 25, 2012

I for one am looking forward to this event and what the various people participating will contribute.  I've enjoyed working with the members of the Home Decorating Club, they have proven to be friendly, and highly organized, and I am glad that we approached them to combine our talents.  The after party is sure to be a blast as well.

I loved the idea of doing a haunted house tour because it reminds me of the real life Christmas home tours I've been on.  It is always interesting to see how different people express themselves through decoration and the creativity apply to that task.  Also, it is tremedously generous of them to open up their home to essentially complete strangers.  

On Home, I know I've had the pleausre of providing tours of some of my spaces to friends, as it gave me a chance to show off some of my space.   I have met some nice people as a result, some of whom have remained on list and who I am now proud to call my friends.  

BTW Crystal, you'll have to invite me around for some tea, you can serve it on the table you got when you visited my space yesterday. 

Please use plain text.
Message 10 of 26 (566 Views)
0 Likes