Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Fender Bender
2489 posts

Re: The Dream Yacht: Arctic Voyage from Lockwood!

Dec 20, 2012

Kinney1 wrote:

Someone gifted this to me, but it never showed up under my apartments. I got the message that I was gifted but nothing happened. Is this happening to anyone else?

Did you go to a gift machine to unlock it?

castle3
Please use plain text.
Message 21 of 36 (416 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
165 posts

Dec 20, 2012

Kinney1 wrote:

Someone gifted this to me, but it never showed up under my apartments. I got the message that I was gifted but nothing happened. Is this happening to anyone else?

I had to wait in my Yacht 15 mins before it showed I recieved a new item. I normally go a Lockwood  personal  space with a gift machine baked in when I get that message. It took about the same amount of time when I was gifted the  Sunlit  Meadow.

Please use plain text.
Message 22 of 36 (387 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
1630 posts

Dec 20, 2012

photo l_1ac92e40c72f428cb2c1ab1d6c3930c5-1-1.jpg
Please use plain text.
Message 23 of 36 (367 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
3614 posts

Dec 20, 2012

Saw it earlier and I like that you can go out on the ice and the night time view is awesome!

Please use plain text.
Message 24 of 36 (362 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1527 posts

Dec 20, 2012
Oh Lockwood, lol. You've made my day. *opens wallet, takes out credit card* Funny thing is when just the pic was posted on here a couple of weeks ago, I was telling a friend I would consider this a great purchase if it had a snow function to it. Now I see not only does it have it, but now we CAN leave the ship and run about "frolicking" all willy-nilly. It's worth the Tokens needed to acquire it. But that's just my humble opinion. Thank GOD for alternate accounts. Lol.
Please use plain text.
Message 25 of 36 (347 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
324 posts

Dec 20, 2012

Looks great, shame tough they couldn't come up with new rewards. For me it just feels as a waste money since I have the other one.

Please use plain text.
Message 26 of 36 (344 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
2489 posts

Dec 20, 2012
The diurnal controls are still not working properly. My guest was seeing day while I had it set to night. Same problem as the dream yacht.
castle3
Please use plain text.
Message 27 of 36 (330 Views)
0 Likes
Lockwood Developer
50 posts

Jan 14, 2013

Kinney1 wrote:

This troubleshooter should help you out: http://bit.ly/GMtrouble

X-MsLiZa-X wrote:
The diurnal controls are still not working properly. My guest was seeing day while I had it set to night. Same problem as the dream yacht.

It will eventually change to night time for guests, but it can sometimes take a while due to your Internet connection. I’m told that if you have a slow connection it can take up to 20 minutes to update the scene change. This is something we have no control over unfortunately, and the only thing I can suggest is that once you’ve changed the day/night mode as the owner, don’t leave the space, or change it again, until the guests confirm that they’ve seen the change too.

Please use plain text.
Message 28 of 36 (210 Views)
Wastelander
572 posts

Jan 14, 2013

LKWD_Tim wrote:

Kinney1 wrote:

X-MsLiZa-X wrote:

It will eventually change to night time for guests, but it can sometimes take a while due to your Internet connection. I’m told that if you have a slow connection it can take up to 20 minutes to update the scene change. This is something we have no control over unfortunately, and the only thing I can suggest is that once you’ve changed the day/night mode as the owner, don’t leave the space, or change it again, until the guests confirm that they’ve seen the change too.

Thanks for letting us know Tim. I usually change the time of day after guests arrive to try to get around this problem.
This space is one of my favorite top 3 spaces of all times on Home. Keep up the great work team Lockwood.

Please use plain text.
Message 29 of 36 (191 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
4245 posts

[ Edited ]
Jan 14, 2013

LKWD_Tim wrote:

Kinney1 wrote:

This troubleshooter should help you out: http://bit.ly/GMtrouble

X-MsLiZa-X wrote:

I'm sorry, but this is not the case.  I was wondering why some of my guests were seeing the night scene and others were not, and it appeared to be random.... Because over a week of having many of the same visitors (so they could collect each days guest reward), some that didn't see the night scene before, would see it on a different visit, and others who did see it before, did not see it on different visits.

So then I decided (as I like playing detective) to set up two PS3 side by side, and on one I had my account in Home at the Arctic Yacht, and on the other, I had my EU, HK, JP accounts set up, as well as a test NA account, and kept inviting them to my yacht and observed if they could see the night scene.

Now if it was a question of Internet connection, then they would all see it or not because after all, they are all using the exact same network.  Instead, sometimes they would see it and sometimes they would not.  In fact, by leaving the space and reentering, the night scene would sometimes appear when it didn't before.

Something is clearly wrong, but there isn't any evidence I've seen that suggests it has anything to do with the visitors Internet connection.

Sony's PlayStation Home updated mission statement...

"Like it never happened"

- Stand for something better than mediocrity and don't disguise it as adequate, when clearly it is far from that to anyone willing to be objective and unbiased. -

Please use plain text.
Message 30 of 36 (184 Views)
0 Likes