Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Sackboy
379 posts

Re: The Dream Island - a new personal space from Lockwood!

Sep 6, 2012

LockwoodVoice wrote:

Hi jimmynet and everyone else,

The swimming bug in the Dream Island has been fixed and will be going live on September 12th - hurrah!

Also, for those of you still wondering, yes the Dream Island and Dream Yacht are indeed connected (see here: http://bit.ly/QToyCC) - the implementation of said connection just isn't ready yet, but we do have a plan in the works! :smileyhappy:

Kind regards,

Lockwood

YES! Very cool, Lockwood! I'll be passing this little tidbit along to my friends.

Most everyone I've talked to who has seen the space LOVES it and either bought it immediately (like moi) or said they planned to buy it for themselves asap. That we can SWIM...finally...yay! Beach, cave, waterfalls, pool, nice house, decks, the changing sea-life...great job!

But you know us Home types. Everyone beelines to the boat and is disappointed they can't get on it.  And one friend suggested that rock-climbing would be have been cool. Which it would be. Personally, I envision climbing the rocks to the top of a waterfall, then being able to dive off into the deep, crystal clear pool below it. Then after I swim to shore, Tattoo hands me a big fluffy towel and a glass of champaign while Mr. Roarke tells me my fantasy will be fufilled but not the way I expected, and....what?...Oh! Right! This is DREAM Island, not "Fantasy Island"**. My bad. :smileywink:

(**the oldsters amongst us should recognize the reference.)

Please use plain text.
Message 91 of 96 (394 Views)
0 Likes
Monster Hunter
36 posts

Sep 8, 2012
Awesome . Good job :smileyhappy:
Please use plain text.
Message 92 of 96 (319 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
13 posts

Sep 11, 2012
The Dream Island is the ideal relaxing space. Very lovely. ^_^

I just wish there was a sunset version or a daylight changer & I'd be set to nap in home for ages :smileyvery-happy:

Keep up the great work Lockwood!

photo Skyssig_zps4089e803.gif

Uncharted 3 Co-op Certification Center: Uncharted.VarHyid.com

http://www.youtube.com/user/SKYDRAGONSHADOW?feature=mhee
https://twitter.com/SkyDragonShadow
Please use plain text.
Message 93 of 96 (272 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
1002 posts

Sep 11, 2012

SkyDragonShadow wrote:
The Dream Island is the ideal relaxing space. Very lovely. ^_^

I just wish there was a sunset version or a daylight changer & I'd be set to nap in home for ages :smileyvery-happy:

The option to change between Night and Day was the reason I bought the Dream Yacht.

Altho ... I went to the Dream Island open house 10 times trying to make up my mind; in the end; I just wasn't thrilled enough to pull the trigger.

I really love the Yacht. Lots of space, beautiful views, the Moon and Lighthouse, two hottubs ...

oh, wait, this thread is about the Island, so I will swim back to my big canoe, put on a bikini, throw a bucket of sand on the lowest deck, and sunbathe :smileyhappy:

photo the_Lil.jpg
Please use plain text.
Message 94 of 96 (245 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
41 posts

Oct 8, 2013

So is there a way to get on the sail boat???

Please use plain text.
Message 95 of 96 (172 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
5356 posts

Oct 8, 2013

MIG20-RST wrote:

So is there a way to get on the sail boat???

Nope. It was suggested though. Unfortunately there has been an update to the space that we've yet to see.

Posted 6/4/13 by LKWD_TIM:

"We've added a day/night cycle to the Dream Island, but I don't know when this update will be going live unfortunately, so it may be a few months away still. The reason for this is that we had something larger planned to release in conjunction with the Dream Island update, but that probably isn't happening now and therefore we're having to re-evaluate our plans."

"The rest of the furniture from the Dream Island's open house was a part of the larger plans we had, so unfortunately I don't know what its fate will be either if this plan doesn't come to fruition. I'm afraid I can't divulge what the plan was, and I don't fully know myself anyway!"

Please use plain text.
Message 96 of 96 (160 Views)