Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Hekseville Citizen
297 posts

Re: The Bramblenook Farm Status :)

Mar 1, 2013

theseamonster098 wrote:

IMG_20130228_191538.jpgI'll have a pic of my chop streak up tomorrow.

Nice!  Part of me thinks there should be various leaderboards for this place.  Gives some of us a reason to keep chopping, farming and feeding the animals =)

Can't wait to see what updates they make to this place.

Please use plain text.
Message 91 of 145 (453 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
958 posts

Mar 1, 2013
Well, with the door under the stairs, the door to the windmill and the crate hanging from the windmill, I see lots of possibilities.

Maybe even fishing off the pier...
Please use plain text.
Message 92 of 145 (451 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
297 posts

Mar 1, 2013

Here's an item some of you might have missed (owner only):

1: Check your Bramblenook Farm Ledger.

2: Select the ? symbol/page with L1/R1

3: Play tutorial with X.

When you finish this tutorial, you'll get a Bramblenook sign.

Please use plain text.
Message 93 of 145 (445 Views)
Uncharted Territory
1274 posts

Mar 1, 2013

thanks for telling us cause i did'nt know anything about that.

Please use plain text.
Message 94 of 145 (438 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1274 posts

Mar 1, 2013

theres also 1 more open field beside the garden so maybe another animal 1 day

Please use plain text.
Message 95 of 145 (436 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
958 posts

Mar 1, 2013
Since the installable furniture items free up 25 slots, I went ahead and put the animated rabbit in my farm, too.

The reward items from Avalon Keep go nicely here, too.
Please use plain text.
Message 96 of 145 (404 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
5304 posts

Mar 1, 2013

For anyone who's on the fence about this space, here's some info to help you decide.

Right now, it offers about 5 to 6 hours of gameplay, depending on your skill chopping wood. Once you buy the space, you don't need to buy anything else to play the games, and it's very easy to go from zero gold to thousands in gold in a few hours.

Each element of the space is interesting enough. You get a choice of crops to raise, each with different profit levels, and you unlock crops as you level up. You also level up as you craft items (which you can gift or sell for in-game gold).

Once you reach a top level, nothing special happens. The mechanics are also very basic. Wood chopping is the only game with a skill element to it. To raise crops, you plant seeds, water the plants, wait a bit and harvest. To raise animals, you buy them, feed them every so many minutes, then sell them.

All pleasant enough, plus the space is huge and there's several musical backgrounds to choose from.

The problem with this space is that there's nothing beyond what it is, at least at the moment. There's no strategy involved; you don't need to manage time against a clock, or resources against availability. Once you hit Level 4 and can grow corn, you'll have more cash than you could possibly need. There's nothing to do with that cash, other than buy more crops or animals.

This is Juggernaut Games, and they're brilliant, and there's probably updates coming for this that will give all of these activities some purpose. At the moment, however, it's playing for the sake of playing, with no variations in what happens.

What would really knock this out of the park is some Harvest Moon elements. Have the occasional tornado blow down the barn and force me to earn $10k to fix it, and I can't farm any animals until it's repaired. Have a contest for the best cow, based on how well I care for it. Make it challenging, and provide a reward if certain goals are met. Let me race the pigs.

If you're looking for that kind of experience, Home Tycoon and Peakvox are closer to it than this. If you just enjoy farming, you'll like this space. It's got a lot going for it, and it could be even better if they up the challenge on the gameplay.

Follow me on Twitter:
twitter.com/hearitwow

Watch past episodes:
HomeCast at HomeStation Magazine

Please use plain text.
Message 97 of 145 (358 Views)
Lombax Warrior
199 posts

Mar 1, 2013
Sometimes when I first log into my space there's a pig in my corn :smileyindifferent:
Please use plain text.
Message 98 of 145 (342 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
958 posts

Mar 1, 2013
Yeah.. they think they're sneaky.
Please use plain text.
Message 99 of 145 (338 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
3030 posts

Mar 1, 2013

Some of my animals arent showing up when I reload into this space, theyre still in the ledger but nowhere outside so I cant feed them.  Is anyone else experiencing this?

Please use plain text.
Message 100 of 145 (314 Views)
0 Likes