May 23 2014
By: torag365 Uncharted Territory 1189 posts

The Barn of Fame Contest| PS Home: The Horses' Fashion Runway

[ Edited ]
74 replies 900 views Edited May 25, 2014

The Horses' Fashion Runway.jpg

PS Home: The Horses’ Fashion Runway!

Greetings!

Welcome to the Year of the Horse special: The Horses’ Fashion Runway.

A while ago, Lockwood gave birth to a lonely black horse.

Since then, this horse has been duplicated in the world of PlayStation Home, and now there are possibly more horses than avatars.

Leaving these horses unattended will lead to the dominance of these horses over us!

As a public service for the entire PlayStation Home community, I have created this thread that will ensure our control in the world of Home!

So…What is The Horses Fashion Runway?

This thread is your stage to show off your decoration skills in PlayStation Home. Your goal is to create scenes on any private space you like using any furniture you like and of course, using Drey Black Stallion Prop.

The options are countless, you can create scenes using horses in a bathroom, in a bedroom, in a beach party and these are only to name a few.

Please feel free to upload any scene using your black horse(s).

Every week, the best scene will be uploaded to the barn of fame, and the winner will receive a CAKE!

Thank you for taking part in The Horses’ Fashion Runway!

The Barn of Fame Contest.

On what horse do you ride today?

Is it a happy horse, a sad horse or perhaps a sleepy horse?

Rergardless to that, this contest is for YOU!

Every week in Friday, I will pick the best entry of the week, and the creator of it will receive a CAKE from Lockwood.

Read the Frequently Asked Question section for more details!

Sony Computer Entertainment America LLC is not responsible for this promotion.

Join Our Groove Today, Please Press My Signature To Join!

torag365Signature

Message 1 of 75 (900 Views)
Uncharted Territory
1189 posts

Re: The Barn of Fame Contest| PS Home: The Horses' Fashion Runway

[ Edited ]
May 31, 2014

Frequently Asked Questions The Barn of Fame  Contest

Q:What is The Barn of Fame Contest?

A: The Barn of Fame Contest is my way and Lockwood's way to show our appreciation to the users who participate in The Year of The Horse special: The Horses' Fashion Runway. Every scene you are uploading to the runway is an eligible entry for The Barn of Fame Contest.

Q:  What should I do in order to increases my chance of winning the contest?

A:  Be creative and funny are the keys here. Also, if your scene was difficult to set up (A lot of horses and furniture in the scene for example), I will know how to appreciate your effort. Obviously you can also win with easy to set up scenes, if they are funny and creative.

Q:What can I win?

A: Lockwood is currently working on two exclusive prizes for the contest, these prizes will be released in November. Until then, Lockwood will offer prizes from their wide selection of content, starting with Gift Machine tokens.

And in addition to that, your scene will be uploaded to The Barn of Fame, along with your name.

Q:Am I allowed to win more than once?

A: Until Lockwood will release the exclusive prizes for the contest,  players are not limited to the amount of winnings. When Lockwood will release the exclusive items, you will be able to win only once.

Please note though, that you can win only one prize per week, that means that if you have uploaded more than one scene for the weekly contest, even if both of them are the best scenes, I will be able to award you only ONE prize.

It is still worth to upload a lot of scenes though, as it increases your chances.

Q: Am I allowed to post more than one scene per week?

A: YES!  And in fact, it will increase your chances to win!

Q: Who is supplying the prizes?

A: Lockwood

Q: When will you announce the weekly winner?

A: Friday will be the cut point between every week, I will do my best to announce the winner at the same day, but if I would not be able to, I will annouce the winner as soon as I can. 

Q:I have created scenes for the previous thread, am I allowed to use them?

A: I am welcoming veterans to the thread, if you feel a scene you have previously created has a chance to win the challenge, you are more than welcome to repost it. (Please note that you can only do this once), and you cannot post it every week.

Frequently Asked Questions

Q: What is The Horses’ Fashion Runway?

A: The Horses’ Fashion Runway is your stage to show off your decoration skills in PlayStation Home, the goal is to upload scenes where you personify and portray your horse(s), using  furniture that only humans are using, for example, beds, toilets, sofas etc.

Q: What do I need to upload a valid scene to the runway?

A: All you need to upload a valid scene is a Drey Black Stallion Prop, and furniture you feel are necessary for your idea.

Q: How do I get a Drey Black Stallion Prop?

A: To purchase a Drey Black Stallion Prop, please follow these instructions:

Lockwood store->  Drey (Golden unicorn head Icon) -> Furniture-> Drey Black Stallion Prop.

The price of this horse is 1.49 US Dollars in the United States, or 1.49 Euros in Europe.

Alternatively, Lockwood has posted a multiple use code a while ago, if you redeemed it, and have this item, you can join the action right away.

Q: Am I allowed to picture myself with my horses?

A: I would like to keep the uniqueness of this thread, to do so; the horses have to play the protagonist, and the center of every scene. For this reason you are not allowed to picture yourself in the scenes (Unless to play a role of a furniture in the scene, statue for example).

Q: Am I allowed to upload any scene I wish?

A: Absolutely! Let your imagination go wide, I want this thread to be colorful, and a real joy to all participants. If for any reason I will feel your scene is not appropriate (extremely obscene for example), I will drop you a private message, sharing with you my concerns, but please do not let this to limit your imagination.

Q: Are there any more requirements?

A: Although it is not a requirement, I will be happy if you will add details on which furniture you used for the scene, so people will know how you created the scene.

Q: I did not understand the concept of this thread completely, Are there any examples available?

A: Yep. To clarify the concept a bit more, I have created two examples.

Horses in India:

Horses in India.png

Space:

Drop Science Subway.

Furniture:

Drey Black Stallion Prop

Race Car Bed

Tee’d Off Prize 9

Glue Factory Prize 5

Wannabe Horse:

Wannabe Horse.jpg

Space:

Jewel of the Skies

Furniture:

Drey Black Stallion Prop

Animated Jewel Encrusted Throne

Waterfall Terrace Dark Leather Ottoman  

Q: What is going to happen to this thread after the end of the Chinese Year of the Horse?

A: This thread has been release on January 31st to celebrate the Year of the Horse, after the end of the Chinese year; I want this thread to be continued, and to become into a long running thread.  

Q: I want to show off my fashion skills, by presenting photos of my fashionable outfits, where can I do this?

A: To show pictures of your outfits, please head to the long running, spectacular Joanna Darks’ thread: The Ladies Fashion Runway.  

torag365Signature

Message 2 of 75 (899 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1189 posts

[ Edited ]
Jun 13, 2014

The Barn ofFame

Only the best scenes to The Barn of Fame!

May 23rd-May 30th, 2014:

A_Horse_Walks_into_a_bar.jpghorse2.jpg

May 30th-June 13th, 2014.

paint

torag365Signature

Message 3 of 75 (895 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1189 posts

[ Edited ]
Jun 13, 2014

The Winners ofThe Barn ofFame

May 23rd-May 30th, 2014:

Mermaid-KT, TerryBarracuda.

May 30th- June 13th, 2014:

SEIZURE_BOX

torag365Signature

Message 4 of 75 (891 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1189 posts

[ Edited ]
May 23, 2014

Reserved for future use.

torag365Signature

Message 5 of 75 (891 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1003 posts

Re: The Barn of Fame Contest| PS3 Home: The Horses' Fashion Runway

May 23, 2014

Not to talk negatively about your contest/runway, but isn't this thing kind of limited?

I mean, what about those who didn't redeem the horse code, or don't want to pay for it?

Far be it from me to decide how your contest thingy goes, but I do see the unfairness in it. 

Message 6 of 75 (884 Views)
Welcoming Committee
4010 posts

May 23, 2014

Did all the posts get deleted from the old thread.. or is this a new thread? If it's new, why? The old one get locked?

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Message 7 of 75 (877 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1189 posts

[ Edited ]
May 23, 2014

JulianMatisse wrote:

Did all the posts get deleted from the old thread.. or is this a new thread? If it's new, why? The old one get locked?

This is a new thread.

Lockwood has decided to hold giveaways on this thread, and unfortunately I would not be able to manage the contest on the old one, so I wanted a fresh start, but I will say everything on the FAQ section, so please wait, this thread is still under construction :smileyhappy:

torag365Signature

Message 8 of 75 (866 Views)
Uncharted Territory
1189 posts

[ Edited ]
May 23, 2014

BIurryVisions wrote:

Not to talk negatively about your contest/runway, but isn't this thing kind of limited?

I mean, what about those who didn't redeem the horse code, or don't want to pay for it?

Far be it from me to decide how your contest thingy goes, but I do see the unfairness in it. 

Hi Blurry,

Thank you for sharing your concerns with me.

I have requested Mike to renew The Drey Horse code they have gave away in the past, and I will keep you all up to date if Lockwood will launch another code of this lovely horse.

Also, Lockwood gave me enough codes, so every week ( At least in the next few), I will also annouce runner ups, who will receive a code too. So you really have a good opportunity to score some freebies here!

Regarding on how I decide the winner, please look at the FAQ section for the contest, I will do my best to keep it as fair as possible, and I am sure that the time will improve my judging abilities :smileyhappy:

torag365Signature

Message 9 of 75 (833 Views)
0 Likes
Last Guardian
11611 posts

[ Edited ]
May 28, 2014

re-post of the picture for this entry. (at least what the rule say) I might post a new new entry later.

Original Source: http://community.us.playstation.com/t5/PlayStation-Home/Season-1-AL2009man-s-Tutorial-on-How-to-eat-...

photo AL2009manBanner2013_zpsd80ecc86.png
Message 10 of 75 (819 Views)