Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Treasure Hunter
5551 posts

Re: The Barn of Fame Contest| PS Home: The Horses' Fashion Runway

May 24, 2014

Why do I have this feeling like I'm trying to have a conversation with Sweet2525? You obviously ignore everything I brought up, except the Lockwood part, which Isn't even my main issue.

I'm trying to help you out. You've been on here long enough to know how forum contests turn out most of the time. I know exactly how it's going to turn out. Once "you" start picking winners, you're going to accused of picking friends or forum members you like.

So why not avoid all the grief, and figure out fair way of choosing winners, other than choosing what "you" happen to like.

Message 21 of 75 (608 Views)
0 Likes
Welcoming Committee
4019 posts

May 24, 2014

Just to play devil's advocate here, what makes LKWD_Mike any less biased than torag? Does a developer's title magically grant the human being posting under it with supernatural levels of fairness and equality? Why do people in far greater numbers scream foul when regular users generate a contest, as opposed to developers? You don't think seeing someone's username who constantly complains about their products and services could negatively influence the decision of a developer's judgement? I'm just curious. 

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Message 22 of 75 (604 Views)
Treasure Hunter
5551 posts

May 24, 2014

JulianMatisse wrote:

Why do people in far greater numbers scream foul when regular users generate a contest, as opposed to developers?

If you even have to ask that question, then maybe you have'nt been around long enough or don't really pay attention. What do think would constiute a fair contest, or do you think the one man, one vote appraoch is the way to go? And please don't mention Kudos, as those contests turned out to be about popularity rather than content.

Message 23 of 75 (587 Views)
0 Likes
Welcoming Committee
4019 posts

May 24, 2014

CMCSAVAGE wrote:

JulianMatisse wrote:

Why do people in far greater numbers scream foul when regular users generate a contest, as opposed to developers?

If you even have to ask that question, then maybe you have'nt been around long enough or don't really pay attention. What do think would constiute a fair contest, or do you think the one man, one vote appraoch is the way to go? And please don't mention Kudos, as those contests turned out to be about popularity rather than content.

I don't know what makes a fair contest, honestly. If you take all human bias out of judging contests, then you take all the competition out of it, as well, and then a person's work regardless of creative merrit is tossed in equally with all the others and it's no longer a competition. It's just a random number generator, depending on luck alone. It might be fair, but it's boring, in my opinion.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Message 24 of 75 (578 Views)
Survivor
1673 posts

[ Edited ]
May 24, 2014

torag365 wrote:

I understand what CMC says, but I have 26 weeks to try the system.

Also, I have a lot of codes to giveaway (Five this week).

Here is my suggestion: Participate in the contest, upload scenes, and if you are not satisfied from the results/ feel they are not fair, share with me your opinion and/or suggestions.

Regardless to that, I can assure you that I will not judge scenes according to the person who has created them, but only by their quality. That means that even if the best scene has been created by the person I hate the most in the forums, I will still declare him the winner.

This will probably be my last post on this. Do you not see that this remark is exactly what I'm talking about? You have decided that YOU are able to judge quality. What authority, education, experience or whatever gave you that right?

I'm saying all you have is an inherently biased opinion.

We know now that Home will be gone by next April. I intend to enjoy it as long as it's around. I hope you do, too. I'm going to miss a lot of you as I'm not much of a gamer. You know who you are.
Message 25 of 75 (571 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1206 posts

[ Edited ]
May 24, 2014

CMCSAVAGE wrote:

You obviously ignore everything I brought up, except the Lockwood part, which Isn't even my main issue.

Did I ever ignored your comments, CMC?

When I spoke about the fact Lockwood is monitoring this thread, I have basically answered all your concerns.

Your main concern is that this contest will become corrupt (Or at least, this is what people will feel), because I have some power in my hands.

I can ensure you that I will be as honest as I can, and I will judge scenes ONLY according to their quality.

In the end, my decision is a suggestion. If I want to keep my decisions valid, they have to be fair.

If I will feel that picking the winner every week, is a difficult task for me, I can always request help from Mike, but let's give it a chance.

I am long enough in the forums to know myself, and I feel that most in most situations I keep things cool, and being honest both to myself and to others.

If you do not want to participate in the contest, you do not have to. But in the end it will be difficult for me to follow any feedback you have gave me, if you did not participate. There is nothing personal here, it is simply because you have to take part in the contest, to understand it and to develop real interests on it.

You see, I do not represent only myself here, but I also represent Lockwood, and representing someone else, is a HUGE responsibility.

Join Our Groove Today, Please Press My Signature To Join!

torag365Signature

Message 26 of 75 (569 Views)
Uncharted Territory
1206 posts

May 24, 2014

VioletWinds wrote:

This will probably be my last post on this. Do you not see that this remark is exactly what I'm talking about? You have decided that YOU are able to judge quality. What authority, education, experience or whatever gave you that right?

Every opinion in the world is inherently biased.

But this is the duty of every person that takes a decision to correct this biase.

As I have suggested to CMC, you can always give a try to the contest, and if you feel it is unfair, than you can criticize it.

But criticizing a contest, before you even participated on it, honestly does not making a sense for me.

If you do not want to participate in the thread/contest that is also fine by me.

Join Our Groove Today, Please Press My Signature To Join!

torag365Signature

Message 27 of 75 (563 Views)
Treasure Hunter
5551 posts

May 24, 2014

torag365 wrote:
 If you do not want to participate in the contest, you do not have to. But in the end it will be difficult for me to follow any feedback you have gave me, if you did not participate. There is nothing personal here, it is simply because you have to take part in the contest, to understand it and to develop real interests on it.

So any criticism or advise I've given doesn't or won't mean anything unless I enter the contest? I'm totally refraining from what I really want to post, becuase I know I'll get banned.

With that being said, since I was only trying to help you out and really have no interest in entering a contest that is being judged by one person, I'll follow suit of VioletWinds, with this being my last post. Good luck.

Seacrest Out

Message 28 of 75 (558 Views)
0 Likes
Ghost of Sparta
7667 posts

May 24, 2014

CMCSAVAGE wrote:

torag365 wrote:

So any criticism or advise I've given doesn't or won't mean anything unless I enter the contest? I'm totally refraining from what I really want to post, becuase I know I'll get banned.

With that being said, since I was only trying to help you out and really have no interest in entering a contest that is being judged by one person, I'll follow suit of VioletWinds, with this being my last post. Good luck.

Seacrest Out

Please, please do it.

Thank you for holding the contest and please run it as you see fit. You'll never make everyone happy and in some people's cases, there's little point in trying as they thrive on being miserable and trying to make others feel the same.

Message 29 of 75 (543 Views)
Survivor
1673 posts

[ Edited ]
May 24, 2014

torag365 wrote:

VioletWinds wrote:

Every opinion in the world is inherently biased.

I see you're finally getting close to the idea, except...

But this is the duty of every person that takes a decision to correct this biase.

this is impossible.

*snip*

Violet out

We know now that Home will be gone by next April. I intend to enjoy it as long as it's around. I hope you do, too. I'm going to miss a lot of you as I'm not much of a gamer. You know who you are.
Message 30 of 75 (536 Views)
0 Likes