Jun 04 2013
By: al2009man Keyblade Wielder 9257 posts

TIGA welcomes Lockwood Publishing as its latest member

9 replies 254 views Edited Jun 4, 2013

http://www.tiga.org/news/press-releases/tiga-welcomes-lockwood-publishing-as-its-latest-member

TIGA welcomes Lockwood Publishing as its latest member

Publish Date: Tuesday 4th June 2013

TIGA, the trade association representing the UK games industry, is delighted to welcome Lockwood Publishing as its latest member. � 

The company started in 2005 but things took off when it started working with Sony on PlayStation@Home in 2008. Since then it has worked on more than 60 projects with Sony as well as published its own games and virtual items. � 

It is best known for the Sodium games on PlayStation@Home but it is also popular for the thousands of virtual items it has� published. Lockwood Published was voted Best Developer four times in a row by the users of Playstation@Home. � 

Currently, Lockwood Publishing is working on its first mobile title � 

Halli Bjornsson, director of Lockwood Publishing, said: � 

"TIGA is proving to be a potential catalyst for the UK games industry with their relentless work on our competitive financial environment as well as other areas. As I learned more about TIGA’s work it seemed just wrong not to join and help in any way.” � 

Dr Richard Wilson, TIGA CEO, said: � 

"Lockwood Publishing not only shows the virtue of organic business growth but also the strength of independent talent. Lockwood Publishing has gained the respect of other developers and gamers and the company has been awarded one of the highest accolades in the industry by winning ‘Best Developer’ four times in a row by the users of Playstation@Home. Halli Bjornsson and Joel Kemp (co-founder and director of Lockwood Publishing) are great game developers and everyone at TIGA is looking forward to working with them.” � 

About TIGA: 

TIGA is the trade association representing the UK’s games industry. The majority of our members are either independent games developers or in-house publisher owned developers. We also have games publishers, outsourcing companies, technology businesses and universities amongst our membership. Since 2010, TIGA has won 14 business awards and has been nominated a finalist for 16 other awards. � � 

TIGA's vision is to make the UK the best place in the world to do games business.� We focus on three sets of activities: political representation, generating media coverage and developing services that enhance the competitiveness of our members.� This means that TIGA members are effectively represented in the corridors of power, their voice is heard in the media and they receive benefits that make a material difference to their businesses, including a reduction in costs and improved commercial opportunities. 

photo AL2009manBanner2013_zpsd80ecc86.png

Please use plain text.
Message 1 of 10 (254 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
4293 posts

Re: TIGA welcomes Lockwood Publishing as its latest member

Jun 4, 2013

al2009man wrote:

It is best known for the Sodium games on PlayStation@Home but it is also popular for the thousands of virtual items it has& published. Lockwood Published was voted Best Developer four times in a row by the users of Playstation@Home.

Too bad they have no plans to update Sodium. "We don't have a Sodium team anymore" Cut me a break.

How they got Dev of the year last year is beyond me. Juggernaut should've won, hands down.

Please use plain text.
Message 2 of 10 (216 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
204 posts

Jun 4, 2013

Yeah they should really update the store, there's probably people still farming credits, some new items would be nice, maybe new variations of bartender gear.

Please use plain text.
Message 3 of 10 (205 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
28744 posts

Jun 4, 2013

aogamerdude wrote:

Yeah they should really update the store, there's probably people still farming credits, some new items would be nice, maybe new variations of bartender gear.

You'd think that wouldn't be that hard to do. They update the gift machine regularly. A nice update to Sodium would energize that area again. 

Please use plain text.
Message 4 of 10 (201 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
2792 posts

Jun 4, 2013

Lockwood are looking to be highly ambitious with their new Avikins family of virtual world type games.

I'd expect a gradual deceleration in content releases from them in Home as most of them focus on the new projects.

I'm excited for them :smileyhappy: the mobile and desktop market is astronomically huge compared to the PS3 market. They've obviously done a lot of research and listened to what people want.

Don't want to turn this into a "future of Home thread" as we had enough of those but it's clear Lockwood are making a slow yet steady shfit. What about other devs? Are many of themworking on new projects, too?

Jersquall: Any new news on Home on PS4 yet?

Tempest_Fire: There is no new news to share at this time.

Please use plain text.
Message 5 of 10 (188 Views)
Uncharted Territory
1323 posts

Jun 4, 2013

CMCSAVAGE wrote:

al2009man wrote:

It is best known for the Sodium games on PlayStation@Home but it is also popular for the thousands of virtual items it has& published. Lockwood Published was voted Best Developer four times in a row by the users of Playstation@Home.

Too bad they have no plans to update Sodium. "We don't have a Sodium team anymore" Cut me a break.

How they got Dev of the year last year is beyond me. Juggernaut should've won, hands down.

Same. That alphazone poll last year was totally bogus, it was voted by total noobs who obviously didn't appreciate the technological firsts Juggernaut brought to PS Home and only cared about skimpy clothes and recolors in the gift machine.

Anyways, I'm glad LKWD content has slowed down. Hopefully they leave PS Home for this Avakin business, I'd be so glad. I'm never buying from them again after the Lock-a-doodie incident, and they never update anything like GZ does, so they are utterly useless, just like Mass Media, who also seems to have (thankfully) stopped producing content.

Please use plain text.
Message 6 of 10 (153 Views)
0 Likes
Keyblade Wielder
9257 posts

Jun 4, 2013

CMCSAVAGE wrote:

al2009man wrote:

What about kickstarter and indiegogo?

Please use plain text.
Message 7 of 10 (122 Views)
0 Likes
Welcoming Committee
7822 posts

Jun 4, 2013
Tarazuma sometimes we differ in opinion and I respect your right to have one different than mine, but to wish Lockwood leave Home altogether is pretty harsh. Even if burned by Lock A Doodle, they have done SO much work over the years for the community to enjoy. Wishing any dev to leave Home is rediculous. Disagreeing with their business model is one thing but hoping for their downfall is a little harsh LOL

Congrats Lockwood.
Please use plain text.
Message 8 of 10 (102 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
30876 posts

Jun 4, 2013

CMCSAVAGE wrote:

al2009man wrote:

shame that Lockwood went from my favorite dev to my least favorite so quickly. :smileysad:

Please use plain text.
Message 9 of 10 (94 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1196 posts

Jun 4, 2013

CMCSAVAGE wrote:

al2009man wrote:

Yeah seriously. Wasn't Sodium supposed to be done in 4 parts? I guess they're stopping after 2..

Please use plain text.
Message 10 of 10 (88 Views)
0 Likes