First Son
7 posts

Re: Suggestions for Home...

Jan 5, 2009

-no loading screens to enter in each area. you just walk in without waiting.

-an arcade room that has tons of arcade games like pinball, n+, air hockey, pac man, space games, snake, and so much more games.

-some outside activities like tennis, soccer, basketball, hockey, and stuff like that.

-make it so that every house is different. not inside decorations, but the view of the harbour.

-day and night cycle and maybe rain or fog, and beautiful sunset.

-more rooms

-more bowling lanes because i can never play, too much people that i cant play

-ability to buy more house space like a kitchen, livingroom, etc

-buy a pet that interacts realistically. cant take it anywhere but your apartment

-go cart room where you race against players

-remote control cars, bikes, boats.

-for shops, instead of going to playstation store, you walk in the store and look through clothes and stuff.

are you a developer of home that can actually add these ideas to playstation home?

Please use plain text.
Message 2851 of 6,140 (1 View)
0 Likes
Wastelander
815 posts

Jan 5, 2009

It'd be nice if the bowling alleys had information above the lane with the score and frame. So people outside of the game will be able to tell when the game is almost over. I guess nobody at Sony actually thought of going to a bowling alley in all the time HOME was being dev'd.

I can't believe after two years of work this is all you have going for you.

Please use plain text.
Message 2852 of 6,140 (1 View)
First Son
1 posts

as plain as night and day

Jan 5, 2009
i think home should have some sort of time system so there is a night and day it dont have to be a standard time zone system you could make up your own 12 hour days would be cool so we could have twice the night life now i know once you release the full version there will be alot more downloads available but might i suggests you make the downloads and all other things we can possess i.e. clothes, furniture, accessories color changeable so we can be more unique well thank you for hearing me out
Please use plain text.
Message 2853 of 6,140 (1 View)
First Son
7 posts

HEADache

Jan 5, 2009

Character Create

I've been messing around in HOME since a little before the open beta now(mostly watching my girlfriend bowl) and so far I like what I see(as long as there is new content to come). There is lots and lots of detail, and with all that detail comes my little dissatisfactions. Some aspects that might be left behind. With what little time I have, I've been able to write out a few suggestions...

I'll focus on the character create; namely the head, as it is the funnest part of home for me, outside of doing nothing else but the running man and telling people “I have no key bored”(even though I do).

The character create is very well detailed and I like the idea of having an “advanced mode” where you can tweak things even more(some of which almost seem like a waste; like the twisting of the end of your chin). There just seems to be some little things missing that should be a fundamental part of a character create.

First would be the ability to pull your eyes in closer together. I'm not a big fan of close set eyes, but mine are much closer than what I can make them in HOME. I just don't understand why we can only move the eyes further apart, than what looks “normal”. Also, the “Droop/Overhang” part is problematic for me, or rather my girlfriend. The user should be able to have an “overhang”(of any extreme) without having it squint your eyes down; “squintier eyes”(for lack of a better word) should be a separate setting. Yes I know there is already a “Symmetry/Squint”, but couldn't there be several kinds of “Squint”, and maybe put “Symmetry” some where else(or just get rid of it altogether; I mean, how many people are going to have one big eye, and one small eye? Maybe some I'm sure....). Also, there are other kinds of “Overhang” that aren't asian; like a little droopiness on the side of the eyes, without having to tilt the eyes at all.

Moving down, is the nose. I've also provided some pix to help with my descriptions

There should actually be a slider that controls the size of your nose. Some one might have the same nose as me, but bigger; and you can't really even do that without making it wider, and stick out more... and even then it's a completely different nose. Maybe have a bunch of “preset noses” that you could adjust from there(kind of like the face presets).

My nose looks pretty pointy from the side, and I can't even do that in HOME. In fact I can't make my nose the right size without having it curving up; the top of my nose is straight; not curvy. And I can't get the end of my nose right at all. Should be able to turn the shape down. Check out the shopped nose I did in the third pic; that's mine.

There should also be the ability to make your nose fat or skinny. My brother has a nose that's a little sunken in, so when we made him in HOME, it just looked like he had a fat nose LOL... but that's getting a little nitpicky. Who knows, Michael Jackson might want to check out HOME.

The point where your nose meets your brow is another issue. Some people have a dip there and others don't; it would be nice to be able to control that. It's the one defining difference between my-brother-and-I, and my cousins. But yeah... more nitpicking.

Next up is my biggest problems; but I'm going to lump them both together here, as they effect one another. It's the lips and chin/jaw. In the first “face forward” pic, it's very obvious that my bottom lip is too big, my top is just too small, and my jaw is too pronounced(comparing it to the “real” me). There is nothing that can be done about this within the character create. How about if there was the ability to change the size of just the jawbone..? and then maybe pick from different “preset lips”, and instead of the “tilt” there was an option that would control the ratio, in size, between the upper and lower lip. Check out the two comparison pix I did. The first one is as close to my face as I can make it. The second one was shopped. Wile the second one doesn't look completely like me, it looks much more like me than the first one; enormously. I bring this up bcz most of the people I know, do now have a bottom jaw that sticks out that far. I know there are people that do, but what about the ones that don't? Can't the user have the ability to control that?

Skin seems to be okay, but there is really going to have to be more color options, don the road(it shouldn't feel restrictive like Miis). Another nice thing would be the addition of a beauty-mark(s) all you have to do it pick the size/opacity and then move it around the face, where you would like it; very easy.

Wile I'm on the subject of that.. I think that the slide-bar for freckles should not be for opacity, but rather, each tick should display separate freckle patterns(I think Star Wars Galaxies may have been like that).

Hair is another thing. Sure there are lots of hair styles, but how about letting us tweak those? Maybe a side bar that will control some sort of length. There are these two hair styles in HOME, mine is somewhere inbetween those two.

That's about all I can think of regarding the head, but wile I'm here, I'd like to point something out: there should really be a dressing room in the clothing shop. Just being able to try one cloths would make a world of difference, and save a lot of grief. Or maybe give the user the ability to pull their pants up! There are some nice looking pants in HOME, but I have no desire to “sagg” them. I have nothing against others that would like too; just don't force me too, after I've payed you for some nice pants.

Thanks
MRCAB666

#1#2 #3

Please use plain text.
Message 2854 of 6,140 (1 View)
First Son
5 posts

Jan 5, 2009

I've been hanging around home for a couple of weeks now and actually find it really fun, however I have some suggestions.

1. I would like to see some Hot Keys introduced - dancing would be much more fun if you could change styles with the click of a button. You could also put the standard Hello or Wave on there to save time.

2. I would love there to be a way of making Sony dollars in Home. Either by gaming or designing, or even by just the amount of time you spend there?

3. I think they should get rid of the ability to change the sex of your avatar, you should have to pick a sex and stick to it. I realize people could have different accounts but the hassle of logging off and on would deter a lot of the idiots.

4. The reporting system needs re-thinking, I saw a few people last night doing the running man on people, as idiots do, when one girl said she was going to report them, they proceeded to abuse her and tell her that they were both reporting her! They then went around the whole place reporting people while abusing them. I am genuinely shocked how many idiots there are out there.

Thanks for listening

Please use plain text.
Message 2855 of 6,140 (1 View)
0 Likes
Wastelander
784 posts

Jan 5, 2009
back again to mention that we need tv's and picture frames. and some way we can use the ps eye in home would be neat
99.5% of all teens would cry if the Jonas brothers and Miley Cirus were on a 20 story building about to jump.The other 0.5% would bring a chair and popcorn.Copy and Paste if your one of those 0.5
Please use plain text.
Message 2856 of 6,140 (1 View)
First Son
21 posts

Jan 5, 2009

Come on Sony! don’t Get ride of the Voice chat!
QUIT KILLING HOME OFF PART BY PART BIT BY BIT

1 Leave the voice chat in, HAVE OPTION TO MUTE CERTAIN PEOPLE INSTEAD 

its the best way to communicate inside home.

Really the only way,

2 typing just doesn’t add any personality.

How long will we be silenced? 4...!!!!!

3 WEBCAM OPTION --=- WOULD BECOOL 

4 OHH YEAH YOU GUYS NEED MAKE A NIGHT CLUB WITH A FEATURED DJ ....NOW THATS ITS HOT BUT MUST BE 21+ FOR THE ADULT USERS LIKE ME  OVER ROOMS  WITH REALL I.D. VERIFICATION  MEANING REGISTER USERS WITH CREDIT/CARDS  IN ORDER TO VERIFY THEIR AGE ... AND HAVE A BAR AT THE CLUB I MEAN I GOT 250 IN NETWORK WALLET RIGHT NOW ANDI'AM READY TO SPENDIT WITH YA ... AS A LOYAL PS3 CUSTOMER...

5 OR A ROOM WERE YOU CAN INVITE PEOPLE TO HEAR YOUR MUSIC TO JOING AND HEAR MUSIC WITH YOU THAT YOU ARE PLAYING ... FOREXAMPLE I'AM A DJ AND I HOSTA PARTY ON A SPECIAL ROOM... I MEAN THATS COOL...
Please use plain text.
Message 2857 of 6,140 (1 View)
Splicer
61 posts

Jan 5, 2009
i want the ability to launch into ANY game..there have been many ppl i met who played the same games i do....we want to launch into a game and play ...but we can't....(luckily resistance has a party system)....i just want that...that would so enhance the HOME experience for me.....and i'm sure alot of other ppl as well...
Please use plain text.
Message 2858 of 6,140 (1 View)
Splicer
58 posts

Jan 5, 2009
I think you guys should try and create a playlist of trailers in the movie theater so we dont have to watch 1 minute trailers of Astroboy back to back.
Playstation Name: Aerogen
Xbox 360 Gamertag: Aerogen1

Feel free to add me.
Currently Playing- FFXIII, Modnation Racers,Little Big Planet
Fable II, Assassins Creed II, and Just cause 2
Please use plain text.
Message 2859 of 6,140 (1 View)
Wastelander
848 posts

Jan 5, 2009

Make a deal with the NFL, MLB, NCAA, NHL, and NBA to legally show highlights with in-game screens.  Maybe even near-realtime games.  Now THAT's a reason to hang around doing nothing.

EDIT: 

That's kinda unrealistic, so maybe just a deal with ESPN for Sportscenter everyday.

Mag sig2
Please use plain text.
Message 2860 of 6,140 (1 View)
0 Likes