Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
May 20 2013
By: PYAWAKITT Fender Bender 1357 posts

Strange Sounds At Acorn Park

11 replies 273 views Edited May 20, 2013

A lot of people play music or what have you when they are playing on home.

I prefer to turn up the volume and take in the ambient sounds that the devs put into the personal and public spaces.

While at acorn park, if you turn up your volume and listen, you can hear someone eating chips and slurping up a drink, that is built into the sound track.

Pretty funny that whoever did the sound track, didn't realize it at the time.

I've confirmed the mysterious munching of chips, with a couple of my friends.

thCAG584NJ.jpg

If we took just five minutes, to recognize each others beauty, instead of attacking each other for our differences .............
Ellen Page
Please use plain text.
Message 1 of 12 (273 Views)
PlayStation MVP
3041 posts

Re: Strange Sounds At Acorn Park

May 20, 2013

I think its just a sound bug that carries through the space whenever people are eating ice cream/hot dogs and drinking coffee from the vendors, similar to how the water splashing sounds from swimming at Glittering Sands would carry through the entire space.

Please use plain text.
Message 2 of 12 (256 Views)
Uncharted Territory
975 posts

May 21, 2013

Yea, personally I thought it was intentional. Kind of a subliminal msg type thing, lol buy more coffee & eat more ice creams & hot dogs.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Please use plain text.
Message 3 of 12 (248 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
4457 posts

May 21, 2013

im so sorry for my loud eating and drinking....now i know why everyone stares at me weird when im eating there

Please use plain text.
Message 4 of 12 (234 Views)
Lombax Warrior
132 posts

May 21, 2013

I noticed that the other day while I was there, I kept turning the camera around to see if someone was around me eating or drinking, Haha

photo samurai-bujutsu-107698.jpg
Please use plain text.
Message 5 of 12 (215 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
4245 posts

[ Edited ]
May 21, 2013

TC915 wrote:

Yea, personally I thought it was intentional. Kind of a subliminal msg type thing, lol buy more coffee & eat more ice creams & hot dogs.

I believe you are right, and that they are part of the built-in sound effects of the park, as I have heard them even when I was on the private server without anyone else there... Or at least I don't think any one else was there... hmmm... Maybe the park has hungry & thirsty ghosts. :smileyhappy:

Personally I find the eating and drinking sounds annoying as they are quite exaggerated, but fortunately it appears they are activated only when you are in certain areas in the park - like around the fountain.

There are other sound effects you can trigger, like when walking along the lake, you'll sometimes hear fish jumping.

I enjoy all the animal sounds in the space (although it would have been nice to see some of the wildlife, like squirrels, fish, frogs, etc..

Sony's PlayStation Home updated mission statement...

"Like it never happened"

- Stand for something better than mediocrity and don't disguise it as adequate, when clearly it is far from that to anyone willing to be objective and unbiased. -

Please use plain text.
Message 6 of 12 (212 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
6124 posts

May 21, 2013

King_xO-AsSaSSin wrote:

im so sorry for my loud eating and drinking....now i know why everyone stares at me weird when im eating there

Have you been spilling ketchup and mustard as you walk around eating?

Is that why the bikes slip and slide all over the place :smileytongue:

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Please use plain text.
Message 7 of 12 (208 Views)
Uncharted Territory
1729 posts

May 21, 2013
Nvr heard the sounds in his space. But birds chirping would have been more appropriate.

- Restless Dreams.
Please use plain text.
Message 8 of 12 (201 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
4245 posts

May 21, 2013

chicagotops wrote:
Nvr heard the sounds in his space. But birds chirping would have been more appropriate.

They have that as well.  I've triggered the bird sounds when walking near the trees... They just aren't as loud or obvious like the sounds coming from the trees in the LKWD Prarie.

Sony's PlayStation Home updated mission statement...

"Like it never happened"

- Stand for something better than mediocrity and don't disguise it as adequate, when clearly it is far from that to anyone willing to be objective and unbiased. -

Please use plain text.
Message 9 of 12 (196 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
4457 posts

May 21, 2013

LiLBlueEyes wrote:

King_xO-AsSaSSin wrote:

Have you been spilling ketchup and mustard as you walk around eating?

Is that why the bikes slip and slide all over the place :smileytongue:

yes...im not cleaning it up though

Please use plain text.
Message 10 of 12 (184 Views)
0 Likes