Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Apr 18 2013
By: MurreuKwerk Lombax Warrior 68 posts

Starting a Moderation Revolution

25 replies 292 views Edited Apr 18, 2013
Hello, users of home. I am just fed up and tired of today's Home. Why, you may ask? Well, I'll tell you why.....EVERYTIME me and my friends just want to chill and hang out, we get encountered by trolls or people engaging us with "Hate Speech". We report those people who do it, but several weeks later, they are still there. Unbanned, untouched. Even some freezers too. what happened with the 1.80 patch?

The one that was going to have better "Moderation tools"? Yeah, that's what I thought. One of my friends got trolled so hard, that she was having suicidal thoughts. And I had to talk her out of It.......how does that make me feel as a friend? It's just cruel and wrong to troll people like that....really. I preferred home back in 2010. There was MODS everywhere. Never had to worry about trolls or shenanigans. Now home is just lawless basically.

Is this lawless home really what we want? Think long and hard.....one more tiny thing, if you troll ANYONE on home. Whether it be a friend or a foe. Please think about what you're doing to affect them. Because your actions affect the people around you.

Message 1 of 26 (292 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
29221 posts

Re: Starting a Moderation Revolution

[ Edited ]
Apr 18, 2013

There is a wonderful tool to deal with them. All you need to do is put the offender or offenders on ignore. It's pretty simple. If they are persistant abusers use the block feature and they'll be permanently blocked and on ignore. 

And yes more moderators in world that actually moderate would be nice but it doesn't appear Sony is willing to do that anymore. 

Message 2 of 26 (290 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
68 posts

Apr 18, 2013
The point of this thread is to help stop this Internet trend that's popular among teenagers and very immature young adults in their 20's called "trolling". I hate it and despise it. It's just cruel.
Message 3 of 26 (275 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
68 posts

Apr 18, 2013
I also wouldn't be surprised if this thread only had 3 comments. Because people are so carefree about this issue for some reason. What people don't realize is that most of our citizens commit suicide due to trolling. And lots of them are teens. We need MODS back IMO.
Message 4 of 26 (264 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
15664 posts

Apr 18, 2013

MurreuKwerk wrote:
The point of this thread is to help stop this Internet trend that's popular among teenagers and very immature young adults in their 20's called "trolling". I hate it and despise it. It's just cruel.

There's a solution for that..... ignore them.... don't respond, block them. 

Trying to "stop this trend" doesn't happen so easily. 

Logic, who would've thought eh? Oh wait.... No one thinks anymore.
Message 5 of 26 (250 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
15664 posts

Apr 18, 2013

MurreuKwerk wrote:
I also wouldn't be surprised if this thread only had 3 comments. Because people are so carefree about this issue for some reason. What people don't realize is that most of our citizens commit suicide due to trolling. And lots of them are teens. We need MODS back IMO.

Considering that its between 4am and 7am across the US, not many people are going to be very active....

Logic, who would've thought eh? Oh wait.... No one thinks anymore.
Message 6 of 26 (246 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
68 posts

Apr 18, 2013
Just as I thought, nobody gives a crap about trolling
Message 7 of 26 (244 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
29221 posts

Apr 18, 2013

MurreuKwerk wrote:
Just as I thought, nobody gives a crap about trolling

The issue here is discussed an awful lot. Prior to the implementation of the new ignore feature it was discussed even more. Don't be surprised that not everyone is going to be as stressed out over the issue as you appear to be.

I doubt anyone here would disagree that more moderaion isn't necessary. The fact of the matter is however is that Sony doesn't appear to be willing to do it. And yes posting an issue this early in the morning isn't going to get a ton of responses given many are still asleep. 

Message 8 of 26 (235 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
631 posts

Apr 18, 2013

I always thought of having moderators actually police the place in "person" and look for these bully jagoffs and remove them as they reveal themselves. There are known places where these types like to hang out, but they could be found anywhere. I wouldn't mind doing it and probably a few of other forum users, too, but they would have to pay us, because we would rather be having fun and enjoying PSHome instead, but Sony has it's own employees that they could do this themselves.

Antonio Xul
Message 9 of 26 (234 Views)
0 Likes
Welcoming Committee
5041 posts

Apr 18, 2013

MurreuKwerk wrote:

Sorry  but I have to say this lol. If your friend is getting suicidal because of something that was said to him/her on Home, then well he/she needs to get some serious phsycological help and a reality check to boot.

It's PlayStation Home, not real life, trolls are trolls and you get that in any internet community. If your friend can't handle that then maybe Home just isn't the place for them.

Legendary_Vicki's SigLegendary_Vicki   Welcoming Committee v2.0 

Message 10 of 26 (222 Views)