Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Sep 26 2012
By: Conrad_Max VP of Gaming 26147 posts
Accepted Solution

Starting a Club

[ Edited ]
10 replies 385 views Edited Sep 29, 2012

Whenever we are interested in joining a club, does it help us if club leaders would post something about the club? It's purpose? Requirements? Information about the club such as if attendance to meetings is a requirement or not?

Likewise, it serve's the club's interest to include such information about the club in order to attract more attention to it and help with invitations and recruitment.

I've seen invitations posted that pretty much said, "Join my club" and that's it.

Be descriptive. Describe the purpose and interests of the club. Will there be meetings? Will members be required to own certain spaces, items or clothing?

What is the theme of the club.? Will public duty be a part of it's purpose or not?

The more information a leader provides, the better it will be to have new members who are suited for it. Or better prepared for it.

These are only suggestions. If the club leader/recruiter wants to be non-descriptive, then that's okay.

Helpful information regarding clubhouse skins: [INFO] Clubhouse Skins FAQ

The way you play the game is the way you live your life.

Message 1 of 11 (385 Views)
Welcoming Committee
3706 posts

Re: Starting a Club

Sep 26, 2012

If the club leader/recruiter wants to be non-descriptive, then that is ok, but if they want to be taken seriously then some details of what the club is about and what it has to offer is necessary.  I would not consider joining a club that just has says "Join my Club" since this would be an indication to me that the club owner is a child or a person who is disorganized with no real concept of what they are trying to do.  

Quod dignum sit facere, dignum est farcere bene
#Live the game
Message 2 of 11 (365 Views)
0 Likes
VP of Gaming
26147 posts

Sep 26, 2012

Yes, a lack of description can indicate a lack of interest or purpose of a club. But sometimes the owner may have a lot of good-hearted ideas, but lacks the knowledge or ability to share it via this forum.

Hopefully, the first post would motivate and encourage leaders to be descriptive of the reason and purpose of the clubs they wish to create or add members to.

Message 3 of 11 (356 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
848 posts

Sep 26, 2012

Message 4 of 11 (340 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
2 posts

Sep 27, 2012

I just purchased a new club, Seven Winds, but for some reason I am unable to go to it.  I tried to create a new club, but it just made a default club, and not the Seven Winds.  How do I get the Seven Winds activated?

Message 5 of 11 (289 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
29222 posts

Sep 27, 2012

ScorpionSoceress wrote:

I just purchased a new club, Seven Winds, but for some reason I am unable to go to it.  I tried to create a new club, but it just made a default club, and not the Seven Winds.  How do I get the Seven Winds activated?

The Seven Winds is a Club Skin. You should be able to change skins in the club menu. I'm not sure how exactly given I don't own a club but there are numerous skins available. 

Message 6 of 11 (280 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
1099 posts

Sep 27, 2012

You actually have to be IN your club to change the skins.  I'm not on Home at the moment so I can't give step by step info for the PDA but just select your club in the club menu and you should see an option to change club skins.

Message 7 of 11 (268 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
1919 posts

Sep 27, 2012

Joanna_Dark_ wrote:

ScorpionSoceress wrote:

The Seven Winds is a Club Skin. You should be able to change skins in the club menu. I'm not sure how exactly given I don't own a club but there are numerous skins available. 

Go to your clubhouse and then, Start menu / Social / Clubs / My Clubs / (select your club) / Clubhouse / Change Clubhouse. A window will open like the inventory screen and every club skin you own will be on it.

Message 8 of 11 (258 Views)
0 Likes
VP of Gaming
26147 posts

Sep 27, 2012

ScorpionSoceress wrote:

I tried to create a new club, but it just made a default club, and not the Seven Winds.  How do I get the Seven Winds activated?

See this official thread for assistance: [INFO] Clubhouse Skins FAQ.

Message 9 of 11 (231 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
2992 posts

[ Edited ]
Sep 27, 2012

I tried having a club once acouple of months ago. I gave a good description of it. It generated some interest but I just decided it wasn't for me. When I canceled the club though and named it something else, it reverted back to the original club skin. So when I put the other club skin I had on it before, all the furniture I had in it was gone. I was a little disappointed with that because I worked hard to make it look nice, just to have to start over again. Oh well these things happen. I belong to a couple of clubs now, but I would never join any club that only has a brief description. Or a fam for that matter becauseI'm not going to dress or act a certain way just to fit in or belong to something because I'm not a conformist.

bobs fed signature
Message 10 of 11 (215 Views)
0 Likes