Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Sackboy
447 posts

Re: Spring PIP Event (March 30, 2014)

Mar 31, 2014

Well that was fun.  Only bought a set of matching suit/pants/shoes, and a nice set of Item outfits (sure felt a bit pricey though O.O).   So many unique items.  Felt bad that I don't have any, except for maybe a few unique rewards, but many of them are either obtainable if you work at it, or are no longer obtainable.

Message 51 of 72 (332 Views)
Lombax Warrior
99 posts

Mar 31, 2014

Great event!   Thank you so much for hosting, Midnight_Secrets, myalana, ooOHinataOoo, CRAZY_GIRL-TxFxl, and FaLsEhOoD2.  Also thanks to all those who attended.  Without them my wallet would still be full :womanhappy: 

Message 52 of 72 (330 Views)
Uncharted Territory
882 posts

Mar 31, 2014
That was awesome! Got another huge pile of stuff. After I finished my shopping frenzy, I realized what I need now is double my 48 save slots, lol.

Thanks to all the organizers-you guys rock!
Message 53 of 72 (309 Views)
Lombax Warrior
225 posts

Mar 31, 2014

i was there last night what i saw was 4 males standing there with junk on them . i appraoch and said hello 3 times with no reply there was one that had a lizard costume on but could.t buy it was a reward. at this point i started thinking the only reason this is happening was to show off rewards that you can't buy . so i started going around saying ( please put something on so we can buy)  at this point i had no reply. i guess you have to be in the click  to be heard  shame on all of you.i invited all my friends alot of them showed up.they said the same thing. if any of you are serious about sharing unique items ill be on today at 5pm eastern time . you can friend me and ill reply.ty

Message 54 of 72 (265 Views)
Sackboy
204 posts

[ Edited ]
Mar 31, 2014

carjackhydro wrote:

i was there last night what i saw was 4 males standing there with junk on them . i appraoch and said hello 3 times with no reply there was one that had a lizard costume on but could.t buy it was a reward. at this point i started thinking the only reason this is happening was to show off rewards that you can't buy . so i started going around saying ( please put something on so we can buy)  at this point i had no reply. i guess you have to be in the click  to be heard  shame on all of you.i invited all my friends alot of them showed up.they said the same thing. if any of you are serious about sharing unique items ill be on today at 5pm eastern time . you can friend me and ill reply.ty

I'm sorry that you had a hard time finding items, carjackhydro. There are a lot of rare men's clothing available for inspection. x-X__REDRUM__X-x wrote a guide to rare and discontinued men's clothing. Here is a link to it:

http://community.us.playstation.com/t5/PlayStation-Home/UPDATED-3-2-14-Unreleased-amp-Removed-Male-W...

Please take a look through it. If you find items that you'd like to buy, then head over to the "Home Inspection Trading Post" thread, and ask if anyone has it, or can help you find it. There are people who would might have it, and would meet with you to let you inspect it. Here is the link to that thread:

http://community.us.playstation.com/t5/PlayStation-Home/Home-Inspection-Trading-Post/td-p/41655555

And, if you still can't find a particular item, then PM me. I'd be happy to try to find it for you. I hope you can find what you're looking for. :smileyhappy:

Message 55 of 72 (249 Views)
Fender Bender
1387 posts

Mar 31, 2014

Well that was quite the evening for sure! Whoops there goes a moth from my wallet as there is nothing left. :smileysurprised:

Thank you Midnight_Secrets, myalana, Hinata, Crazy_Girl and Falsehood for the wonderful evening.

I met and chatted with a lot of people I had never met before.

I also ran into the issue of many avatars wearing items, that when player inspected, said they were "not available" which was a shame, since the whole idea of a PIP is to share with others, those items that are no longer in stores but can only be picked up by player inspect, not to show off the rare items you have that no one else can get.

But to each his own.

(hint hint, I think we all know who on these forums who we can contact to see about any items we might be interested in.)

I willing shared many swim suits that I had picked up from myalana one morning in Aurora, and in turn was able to pick up several new pieces to add to my, well ummmm, over stuffed wardrobe. :smileyvery-happy:

A very special shout out to someone named ScarletRose, who waited an unmentionable length of time and I do mean a very very long time, until she loaded and I could see the tubedress that I had asked for.

She was understanding, patient and a delight to chat with, so a very BIG thankyou and a hug goes out to you.

Thanks again!:heart:

If we took just five minutes, to recognize each others beauty, instead of attacking each other for our differences .............
Ellen Page
Message 56 of 72 (226 Views)
Sackboy
204 posts

[ Edited ]
Mar 31, 2014

PYAWAKITT wrote:

Well that was quite the evening for sure! Whoops there goes a moth from my wallet as there is nothing left. :smileysurprised:

Thank you Midnight_Secrets, myalana, Hinata, Crazy_Girl and Falsehood for the wonderful evening.

I met and chatted with a lot of people I had never met before.

I also ran into the issue of many avatars wearing items, that when player inspected, said they were "not available" which was a shame, since the whole idea of a PIP is to share with others, those items that are no longer in stores but can only be picked up by player inspect, not to show off the rare items you have that no one else can get.

But to each his own.

PYAWAKITT, and carjackhydro, I agree about the showing off of non-inspectable items. The lag is bad enough. To wait all that time and then find out you can't even buy the item is just wrong. If I do host, or write the OP for another inspect event, I will encourage everyone to keep the focus on showing items that can be bought through inspection. After all, that is what this is all about. Thank you both for pointing that out.

Message 57 of 72 (206 Views)
Ghost of Sparta
7724 posts

[ Edited ]
Mar 31, 2014

carjackhydro wrote:

I'm sorry you didn't have much luck last evening carjackhydro. Was this the costume you were referring to?

I own it and purchased it a week ago through inspect. Was your inspect not working? At times, the feature stops functioning and will show "not available" for any and all items highlighted. In order to fix it, you must log off Home and back on. Did you search out the individuals I mentioned in an earlier post who own male items? I'm afraid that the chatlog flies by so fast with 50+ people crammed in a server that it's easy to miss alot. I know I do everytime we hold one of these events. At any rate, I assure you that being in a clique is not a prerequesite at these events. Those of us who hold the Inspect parties receive nothing for our efforts apart from the enjoyment of hosting an event for others.

If the above costume was in fact something you were interested in, please send me an XMB message. I am not able to meet your 5pm timeframe but rather show items when I am able to. I show items to a great many people and sometimes it's all I do. I hope you can understand that it is not always possible to do so at the other person's convenience.

Message 58 of 72 (160 Views)
Wastelander
496 posts

Mar 31, 2014

The lizard outfit he seems to talking about probaly is the reward from the home challenges...but the outfit like @myalana said thatis pictured is available to buy....@myalana and the others throw these events to help others....I collect male items n also would b willing to share them with you just msg me @dxkills16 

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1222510567/neotopia
Message 59 of 72 (146 Views)
Welcoming Committee
4019 posts

[ Edited ]
Mar 31, 2014

Thanks to all those who organized and participated in this event. I had a great time, even though I was unable to do any buying, due to a "banking error" (they seem to think I have no money). I still managed to help a few people get some things and had some fun conversations. I didn't even realize how many rare items I managed to collect a piece at a time!  I need to update that male clothing thread when I can get back on Home again.

Sorry that you had a bad time, carjackhydro. If you are interested in any of the pieces I have picked up, feel free to message me. Any slight at the event from me was unintential. I'm always afraid someone will think I'm ignoring them on purpose when the chat log is blowing my hair back from across the room.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Message 60 of 72 (142 Views)