Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Sackboy
582 posts

Re: *Spoilers* Acorn Meadows Park: Challenges & Rewards List.

May 19, 2013

Why are you guys complaining? Veemee built an amazing space which probably took more then a couple of months to developed. Now you want them to give you more acorns so you don't have buy some. If this space doesn't make a profit they aren't going to support it and it will be another lost space, like mercia. Please use common sense, they spent a lot of money developing the space, do they have to give away to you for free? I think the 200 acorns in the beginning was more then generous. Sorry for ranting but come on people they spend their money so they can turn a profit, with that profit they can invest on developing more Home content.

Message 61 of 150 (671 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
29221 posts

[ Edited ]
May 19, 2013

Kinney1 wrote:

Why are you guys complaining? Veemee built an amazing space which probably took more then a couple of months to developed. Now you want them to give you more acorns so you don't have buy some. If this space doesn't make a profit they aren't going to support it and it will be another lost space, like mercia. Please use common sense, they spent a lot of money developing the space, do they have to give away to you for free? I think the 200 acorns in the beginning was more then generous. Sorry for ranting but come on people they spend their money so they can turn a profit, with that profit they can invest on developing more Home content.

I agree.

I've earned quite a few free ones too. I can get an additional two LMO's for free and still have stuff left over. I have no issue with the space as it's been developed. They have a great interactive interface with races, photo races and so on.  It's also appears that VeeMee is planning on updates and adding additional content. 

I sincerely hope we have more spaces like this in our future and not less. One can only hope the potential Western space being developed by Digital Leisure is a public one and one that has as much to do it in than some of the public spaces we've gotten in the past which you visit once and never go back to. 

Message 62 of 150 (664 Views)
Hekseville Citizen
299 posts

May 19, 2013

Kinney1 wrote:

I wouldn't be complaining if things actually worked. No one should be spending money on a space when a good half of the things to do in it are broken. This is the same reason Mercia failed, it was released broken even though the beta testers told them not to release it. No one would spend money on a broken space and now they won't develop for it anymore because it didn't turn a profit. As far as I know it is still broken, if they would have fixed the bugs they would have earned their money.

Message 63 of 150 (651 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
1034 posts

[ Edited ]
May 19, 2013

Kinney1 wrote:

Dont' have to buy some ? Why would I spend money in a Site which has been broken for almost three weeks.

Good thing we did get the intitial 200 free Acorns. Since many of my "free" acorns went bye-bye to rides and vendors, that either didn't work properly, or kicked me off soon after starting.

I love Acorn Park. One of my initial thoughts was to purchase an Acorn Bundle, in order to support VeeMee, and say "thank you", for bringing out such a wonderful site.

Whoops. I am not in the habity of throwing money out the window.

80 % of the time even now, the Vendors, Trains, Boats, and Bikes aren't working. The level system was fixed, thankfully.

The Boat races are pretty much useless, as the Boats almost never work.

The Photo Races are great, unless they involve the non-working Boats and Trains.

Don't even worry about Updates, or additional content, VeeMee, until you first fix what you have in the Park now.

Please.

Acorn Park could be so much better. It has the potential of being the Crown Jewel of Home :smileyhappy:

btw Kinney : I was a beta tester on Mercia. Flaws and glitches never got fixed. It opened to the public in a flawed state.

It was never fixed. It Failed. Common sense.

photo Xmas3_1copy_1.jpg
Message 64 of 150 (647 Views)
Welcoming Committee
3705 posts

May 19, 2013

I have already expressed that Acorn Meadows Park is a complete fail, but they supposedly fixed it so I went to visit and as I leveled up I realized something.... The rankings of the Park are less then desirable.  I am currently a groundskeeper, but I was thinking why would I want to trade off being a visitor to become a groundskeeper, landscaper, steward or ranger?  Idk .... Just an observation

Ranks:

1. Visitor
  2. Groundskeeper
  3. Landscaper
  4. Steward
  5. Ranger

Quod dignum sit facere, dignum est farcere bene
#Live the game
Message 65 of 150 (629 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
4245 posts

May 20, 2013

TSUNADE1224 wrote:

I have already expressed that Acorn Meadows Park is a complete fail, but they supposedly fixed it so I went to visit and as I leveled up I realized something.... The rankings of the Park are less then desirable.  I am currently a groundskeeper, but I was thinking why would I want to trade off being a visitor to become a groundskeeper, landscaper, steward or ranger?  Idk .... Just an observation

Ranks:

1. Visitor
  2. Groundskeeper
  3. Landscaper
  4. Steward
  5. Ranger

That's the thing... the higher rank you are the longer it takes to get the same amount of acorns.  So instead of it being an incentive to level up, it just makes it worse.    I'd also like to know who at VeeMee thought it was a good idea to reward people who spend 10,000 acorns (~$85 and or countless hours) a tree statue about half the size of an avatar?

I agree with others, developers like VeeMee clearly need to make a profit on spaces like this, and I was happy to give them $10 for one of the acorn packs to not only support them, but buy some items in the park.  However gouging customers and offering a forgettable reward for one of the most costly challenges isn't a brilliant business plan to encourage customers to spend their time and money in their space and on their items.

In fact, some of the easiest challenges have the best rewards, which just encourages people to do those and then stop doing challenges.

Nor is it a smart way to encourage continual use by drastically increasing the XP required to go up a level to collect acorns while at the same time offer far fewer acorns for the same amount of effort.  That's a quick way to lose customers, and with them their wallets, and instead they may be left with just new users who will only use the free acorns and move on after they are done.

The fact that the park has had so many issues and that the Park is still not working properly after several weeks, isn't doing Veemee any favors in getting people to open their wallets.

Yes, the space is great (especially when it's working properly), but it also clearly has a lot of problems, and IMO they did a very poor job designing the XP to Acorn leveling system, as well as the rewards for many of the challenges.  Of which some require a great deal of acorns to be spent with very little to show for it afterwards.

Sony's PlayStation Home updated mission statement...

"Like it never happened"

- Stand for something better than mediocrity and don't disguise it as adequate, when clearly it is far from that to anyone willing to be objective and unbiased. -

Message 66 of 150 (604 Views)
Fender Bender
2225 posts

May 20, 2013

Wow 10,000 acorns rewards you a Tree!:smileysurprised: Well i am glad i didnt spend the $84 just to experience that. Overall i still like the space. i just need one more companion and all but one bike. lvl 27 is on the horizon :smileylol:

photo 557c3c40-b625-4286-ad5f-95b19a50b165.jpg
Message 67 of 150 (593 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
562 posts

May 20, 2013

When we do the race tasks, maybe the park could make us invisible to others, as in Orb Runner, so that others won't be bothered if we run into them. Also, maybe the train could be made invisible to us, so that it won't block our path.

Now that I have enough acorns to buy my fourth bicycle, I want the bike shop to work. It's very frustrating. Because we have acorns we cannot spend, why would people buy more? I want VeeMee to fix the stores so people can spend their acorns.

Message 68 of 150 (584 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
254 posts

May 20, 2013

I have a question about the space: what are these photo tasks? The pop-up shows "new photo task added to messages" and when I check the message board, there is nothing there. 

Message 69 of 150 (566 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
582 posts

May 20, 2013

Zeelot wrote:

Wow 10,000 acorns rewards you a Tree!:smileysurprised: Well i am glad i didnt spend the $84 just to experience that. Overall i still like the space. i just need one more companion and all but one bike. lvl 27 is on the horizon :smileylol:

I gotta say tho, it's a really nice tree :smileyvery-happy:

Message 70 of 150 (554 Views)
0 Likes