Uncharted Territory
1649 posts

Re: *Spoilers* Acorn Meadows Park: Challenges & Rewards List.

May 17, 2013

hellokittyxo wrote:

I think there should be a challenge with a reward for dodging bikes that try and push you around on purpose lol

How about a challenge for pushing people around? :smileytongue:

Roadkill: run into 100 people.

Please use plain text.
Message 51 of 142 (688 Views)
Uncharted Territory
1310 posts

May 17, 2013

The time it takes to rank a level is 2 to 8 hours, with the photo and race game only depending on your current level.

Way to much time for me , and way to much money.

You will never see anyone collect 10000 coins from the race games alone.

Space atmosphere is fine, but the games dollar domination cost a very preposterous amount and unrealistic goal has been set here for mini game enjoyment.

Mini games with not so mini prices...

My perspective  and review after spending time leveling up to 28 in Acorn Meadows Park.

Hidden Acorns Park for whales would have been a more appropriate name.

Please use plain text.
Message 52 of 142 (672 Views)
Treasure Hunter
4099 posts

[ Edited ]
May 17, 2013

Snowstone wrote:

Space atmosphere is fine, but the games dollar domination cost a very preposterous amount and unrealistic goal has been set here for mini game enjoyment.

Good point.  Realistically, once past level 25 it can take at least a couple hours if not several hours due to issues with the space just to earn $0.25 worth of acorns.  Even worse after level 30.  They should lower the XP and increase the amount of acorns you get for each level.

If not, I'll still enjoy the space, but I wont work at trying to level up as much as I have been.

Sony's PlayStation Home updated mission statement...

"Like it never happened"

- Stand for something better than mediocrity and don't disguise it as adequate, when clearly it is far from that to anyone willing to be objective and unbiased. -

Please use plain text.
Message 53 of 142 (666 Views)
Fender Bender
2436 posts

May 17, 2013
I haven't been to the space since its second day of existence. I couldn't be bothered even using the free acorns because the activities were so buggy. Has anything improved?

I have no plans to buy acorns and don't care a bit about the levels or rewards. It still could be a nice place to visit sometimes if it worked properly.
castle3
Please use plain text.
Message 54 of 142 (655 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
25 posts

May 18, 2013
no nothing has changed or got better. even after the so called fix that took 2weeks to do. still nothin works. photo races are pointless cos u cant take a photo of what its askin cos nothin works. another half **bleep** job that sony let in home smh. weres the quality gone i mean come on jeeez
Please use plain text.
Message 55 of 142 (589 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
29004 posts

May 18, 2013

SH4RKY_76_ wrote:
no nothing has changed or got better. even after the so called fix that took 2weeks to do. still nothin works. photo races are pointless cos u cant take a photo of what its askin cos nothin works. another half **bleep** job that sony let in home smh. weres the quality gone i mean come on jeeez

Leveling up is working. Photo races are working for me now. I never got those before. The only things that still seem to be a major issue are bike and boat rentals. I've earned lots of free acorns since they reactivated the leveling. I have 450 on my Joanna account and 225 on my Claire.

Hopefully the persistent rental shops will be fixed soon. I wanna buy some stuff with my acorns. 

Please use plain text.
Message 56 of 142 (584 Views)
Wastelander
631 posts

May 19, 2013
I also just leveled up to do photo races and you can still take photos of empty boats, but you have to be close enough. If you're just out of range, it still won't take it, though. That's the only problem I have with the races. Oh yeah, those boat races are horrendous.
Antonio Xul
Please use plain text.
Message 57 of 142 (550 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
974 posts

[ Edited ]
May 19, 2013

Anton_Xul wrote:
I also just leveled up to do photo races and you can still take photos of empty boats, but you have to be close enough. If you're just out of range, it still won't take it, though. That's the only problem I have with the races. Oh yeah, those boat races are horrendous.

Some of the photo races require the boat to be occupied tho, so when the boats are down or no one is in a boat those races are pointless. All you can do is get too the final gate & wait for the timer to expire.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Please use plain text.
Message 58 of 142 (546 Views)
I Only Post Everything
427 posts

May 19, 2013

Now, searching for an instance that the bike shop, boat and train boarding work is a new kind of challenge...from VEEMEE

When you sit with a nice girl for two hours, you think it’s only a minute. But when you sit on a hot stove for a minute, you think it's two hours. That’s relativity.

Please use plain text.
Message 59 of 142 (505 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
631 posts

May 19, 2013
I actually kept reloading Acorn park until I saw everything working, then start the wait for those races. I managed to do most of the photo races, because of this, but if it breaks down later, I just start reloading again to get everything working. It broke down once when I was on the bike.
Antonio Xul
Please use plain text.
Message 60 of 142 (477 Views)
0 Likes