Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Uncharted Territory
882 posts

Re: *Spoilers* Acorn Meadows Park: Challenges & Rewards List.

May 8, 2013

I'm keeping it with my $7 "I'm the Greatest" gold statue. :smileywink:

Weren't those $7? Or $6. Same difference. I'm too lazy to go look.

Message 21 of 150 (961 Views)
Survivor
2175 posts

May 8, 2013

Thanks for posting photos of the reward, Joyce. I'm actually disappointed that this is the reward for this challenge. Was hoping it would be an apartment reward. Now I'm guessing it's going to be an apt to buy then.

Homie From November 26, 2008 - September 13, 2013.

Shady business practices? File a complaint to the BBB.
https://www.bbb.org/consumer-complaints/file-a-complaint/get-started
Message 22 of 150 (955 Views)
Treasure Hunter
4245 posts

[ Edited ]
May 8, 2013

Wow... That is a huge disappointment.  It even looks rather cartoonish.

Sony's PlayStation Home updated mission statement...

"Like it never happened"

- Stand for something better than mediocrity and don't disguise it as adequate, when clearly it is far from that to anyone willing to be objective and unbiased. -

Message 23 of 150 (955 Views)
Fender Bender
2543 posts

May 8, 2013
Thanks for the list. Nice work.

Unfortunately, it sounds like the main strategy for completing the tasks is just to keep buying more acorns. As much as I love the aesthetics of the park, I'll be passing on these "challenges".

Watching my avatar drink coffee and eat ice cream is not nearly enough to justify the expense. Especially when I haven't even been able to get the features to work properly yet. I did manage to take a train ride once. It was a cute one time novelty. The bright side is that I still have 190 of the complimentary acorns left.
castle3
Message 24 of 150 (950 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
3168 posts

May 9, 2013

Thanks for the picture Joyce. That is rather anticlimactic for such a difficult/expensive reward.

Also good to know that there is a challenge for filling the train. I figured there would be. Now I just need to find a train that needs a caboose.

Message 25 of 150 (921 Views)
Gaming Beast
1464 posts

May 9, 2013

Wow...I thought my $29 blunder of lock-a-doodle was bad...$86 for a tiny tree and nothing else..:smileysurprised: 

For spending that much, people should get an apt, all challenges complete, and every single other reward, plus a huge park tree and lifetime free acess to all park rides.

Message 26 of 150 (908 Views)
Uncharted Territory
882 posts

May 9, 2013

NP Titus- happy to help.

My current guess is they (incorrectly) assumed people would not finish this until the end. I think the apt is the reward for finishing the entire list, and it was expected that this would be the last item done. They didn't count on a spending nut (pun intended.)

I'll let you know once I finish. If your list is correct, I have around 10 or 12 items to go before comping. We'll just have to see if something not released yet needs to be done as well. My biggest worry isn't the spending (save it trolls, I already know how douchy that sounds) it's that caboose deal CK was talking about. Now that the shine is off the apple and butt hurt about non-functioning items/expense of acorns ad nauseum has kicked in, where am I going to get a full train? LOLOLOL Biggest thing to conquer IMHO. :smileyvery-happy:

Message 27 of 150 (907 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
882 posts

May 9, 2013

Tarazuma wrote:

Wow...I thought my $29 blunder of lock-a-doodle was bad...$86 for a tiny tree and nothing else..:smileysurprised: 

For spending that much, people should get an apt, all challenges complete, and every single other reward, plus a huge park tree and lifetime free acess to all park rides.

Yeah, I'm going to skip that roll around on the floor and cry for two days business model.

Message 28 of 150 (901 Views)
Hekseville Citizen
269 posts

May 9, 2013

So the big spender reward is just a money trap.  I knew VeeMee has a sick sense of humor.  You just spent over $80, here is a little tree.  Thanks for the money.... as they laugh all the way to the bank.

Message 29 of 150 (882 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
882 posts

May 9, 2013

Like I said, so you don't have to. :smileyvery-happy: Better they get it out of one person then a bunch of people at the same time, which would have happened if I hadn't done it, is my view. But I'm a glass half-full sort.

Message 30 of 150 (871 Views)