Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
May 05 2007
By: SteveLV702 Lombax Warrior 129 posts

Sony make up your mind....

14 replies 10 views Edited May 5, 2007
Okay so first I received the INVITE email from Sony and took their small survey.    Then on May 2nd, 2007 I received an ACCEPTANCE Letter from Sony which read.

"Welcome to Home Beta.

Dear G.A.P. Member,

Congratulations! We're pleased to let you know that you have been selected to take part in the official Home beta!

As you know, Home is a 3D networked community exclusive to the PLAYSTATION®3 system and the PLAYSTATION®Network. In Home you can meet friends, create your own personal apartment, play games and access a whole new world of entertainment.

Starting on May 3rd, 2007, you'll be able to download the Home beta from the PLAYSTATION®Store using your PLAYSTATION®Network User ID. Simply click on the "Featured Items" tab on the PLAYSTATION®Store and you'll find the download waiting for you.

In addition, you will have access to online beta forums. We will contact you via email once those go live.

We look forward to seeing you at Home. Congratulations again and have fun!

Sincerely,

The PlayStation® Underground™"

Woohoo I was accepted so last 2 days been trying to download it from the Playstation Store but wasn't there...  So I called Sony they told me I would have to email the webmaster... So I emailed the Webmaster and they said sorry at this time we have no support for home in place (so I am screwed)...

Then late lastnight I received a Deniel email which reads...

"

Welcome to Home Beta.

Dear G.A.P. member,

Thanks for your recent interest in the Home beta test. At the moment, we have all the beta testers we need for this phase. But don't lose hope: we will be expanding the beta and adding participants weekly over the next several weeks. Watch your inbox, because we'll be contacting the next wave of beta testers very soon!

And, if you don't get selected for this round of beta testing, there may be future Home beta test opportunities in the near future.

So, don't give up. More chances to participate in a Home beta test are coming. Hope we'll see you at Home.

Thanks!

The PlayStation® Underground™"

So Sony you need to make up your D#*@ mind don't tell people they are selected then retract on your statement and come back and say oh sorry you weren't selected.. thats just rediculous.

Proud owner of 2 PS3's (60GB First Gen and a 80GB) & a PSPgo Black, PS Vita 3G, PS4

G.A.P. Member since 2/12/2007
Please use plain text.
Message 1 of 15 (10 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
4424 posts

Re: Sony make up your mind....

May 5, 2007
how did u become a gap member?
Please use plain text.
Message 2 of 15 (10 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
129 posts

May 5, 2007
Sony sent me a email saying I was invited into G.A.P.  went to a URL and filled out a survey and boom I was a G.A.P.
Proud owner of 2 PS3's (60GB First Gen and a 80GB) & a PSPgo Black, PS Vita 3G, PS4

Please use plain text.
Message 3 of 15 (10 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
4424 posts

May 5, 2007
they just randomly sent u an email? dang.. i wish i got one
Please use plain text.
Message 4 of 15 (10 Views)
0 Likes
Limit Breaker
23949 posts

May 5, 2007

Mike843 wrote:
how did u become a gap member?

Well, because you could not download Home I'm assuming that means you are no longer one of the lucky few that are part of the beta. There was probably a deadline that you had to meet to download the software.

Message Edited by chadster on 05-05-2007 08:46 AM
- DoubleOSpoon
Please use plain text.
Message 5 of 15 (10 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
129 posts

May 5, 2007
sure if the deadline was 1 hour.. seeing how I got the letter on May 2nd.. Said download would be available May 3rd.. I tried to download every hour since 12:00AM EST May 3rd all the way up until 9:38PM EST lastnight when I got the second email saying I was denied...

Please use plain text.
Message 6 of 15 (10 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
4424 posts

May 5, 2007
dang
Please use plain text.
Message 7 of 15 (10 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
439 posts

May 5, 2007

PaypalSux wrote:
sure if the deadline was 1 hour.. seeing how I got the letter on May 2nd.. Said download would be available May 3rd.. I tried to download every hour since 12:00AM EST May 3rd all the way up until 9:38PM EST lastnight when I got the second email saying I was denied...

That e-mail does not say you were denied at all ...... look at the glass half full not half empty ..... it says they will need more people as time goes along .... no where does it say you have no chance.

Please use plain text.
Message 8 of 15 (10 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
129 posts

May 5, 2007
yes it does say that so let me rephrase what I said..   "I got a rejection letter stating I have been denied for now. even though I already received an acceptance letter stating I was accepted and can download the software beginning May 3rd."    No matter the wording of the rejection letter doesn't get by the fact that I received a letter stating I was accepted and can download the software...  Now if I was a jerk I would send Sony a bill for wasting my time I usually bill my customers $60/hr with a 2 hour min...  Lets see I checked the store every hour for 2 days thats 48 hours so $60 x 48 = $2,880.00    okay Sony send me my money

Please use plain text.
Message 9 of 15 (10 Views)
0 Likes
Rux
Treasure Hunter
5135 posts

May 5, 2007

Mike843 wrote:
they just randomly sent u an email? dang.. i wish i got one

Not exactly randomly...

He was very lucky to be chosen for the closed beta, and Sony took an interest in his participation, so now he gets to try it out

Please use plain text.
Message 10 of 15 (10 Views)
0 Likes