Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Apr 19 2007
By: bearsown2277 Survivor 2933 posts

Some things to consider if you want to get in Home.

24 replies 1 views Edited Apr 19, 2007
Once I put some thought into it, getting into Home will be harder than I previously thought. Here are a list of things that will stop many people from getting in, unless they are willing to give a lot more effort.
1. "Website © 2007 Sony Computer Entertainment EUROPE." All rights reserved. SCEE is based in London, which has a 7 hour time difference, so there is a good chance that the release will be in the middle of the night or early morning.
2. "You must be over 18 years of age and a PSN Master Account Holder to participate in the Trials." So that eliminates all kids. http://www.homebetatrial.com/eula.html
3. "keep the contents of the Trials confidential as between you and us and not discuss them with anyone beyond your close friends and family and other Trialists. In particular, neither you nor your friends and family shall discuss them with anyone linked to a competing format and/or any news and/or information services or on any chat-line (whether on television or radio, in newspaper or magazines, or via the Internet or any other medium)."
You need to be trustworthy, which is hard for some.
4."If you want to change the details you have registered with us, please contact ." It may have already had regristration.
5."modify or attempt to modify the online client, disc, save file, server, client-server communication, or other parts of any game title or other content; cause disruption to any account, system, hardware, software, or network connected to Home for any reason, including to gain an unfair advantage; bypass or attempt to bypass any user authentication systems or security feature; attempt to hack or reverse engineer any code or equipment in connection with Home (unless permitted by applicable law);" If you like to hack programs, you'll be gone.

So, with all that in mind, people, including myself, are going to need to keep some variables in mind when trying to get in Home Beta.

Sources: www.homebetatrial.com | http://www.homebetatrial.com/eula.html
LittleBigPlanet
Message 1 of 25 (1 View)
0 Likes
Survivor
2933 posts

Re: Some things to consider if you want to get in Home.

Apr 19, 2007
Anyone going to say anything?Agree/Disagree?
LittleBigPlanet
Message 2 of 25 (1 View)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
2209 posts

Apr 19, 2007
Uhh... sorry man I don't feel like reading that, BUT I JUST WANT IN!!!!!!!
Ich hei��e Josef G��mb��s
Message 3 of 25 (1 View)
0 Likes
Survivor
2613 posts

Apr 19, 2007
I never thought that it was going to be easy, but I still have hope that I can get in. I guess that's all one can have right now
Message 4 of 25 (1 View)
0 Likes
First Son
6 posts

Apr 19, 2007
Getting involved in Beta Trials is a very touchy, limited and exclusive business.  A lot of people are genuinely interested in Beta Trials, not neccessarily just 'Home' but trials in general to see the system evolve, make suggestions, and experience the overall growth of the package.  Especially in something as, one may even say, intense as this I believe Sony is being more then fair on their terms and conditions.  I especially like the age limits.  I've noticed this a lot while either participating in, or watching, a game of X-Box Live, the kids who screw around and ultimately stay in the game to get on peoples nerves is really agitating, especially in XBox because of the voice modifier (which come on, is that really neccessary?)  But I pray to become involved with this particular Beta Trial, as it becomes larger and larger in the Media, that long count down to the final release is just too torturous to wait that long.  But as I said, seeing a program of this magnitude evolve will be particularly interesting because how amazing it is in the first place.
     --Thanks to all who read my boring rant =)
Message 5 of 25 (1 View)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
240 posts

Apr 19, 2007
Yeah, I know the odds are slim to none.....   But I still want in........

See Ya,
Message 6 of 25 (1 View)
0 Likes
Wastelander
875 posts

Apr 19, 2007

DaveMill07 wrote:
Getting involved in Beta Trials is a very touchy, limited and exclusive business.  A lot of people are genuinely interested in Beta Trials, not neccessarily just 'Home' but trials in general to see the system evolve, make suggestions, and experience the overall growth of the package.  Especially in something as, one may even say, intense as this I believe Sony is being more then fair on their terms and conditions.  I especially like the age limits.  I've noticed this a lot while either participating in, or watching, a game of X-Box Live, the kids who screw around and ultimately stay in the game to get on peoples nerves is really agitating, especially in XBox because of the voice modifier (which come on, is that really neccessary?)  But I pray to become involved with this particular Beta Trial, as it becomes larger and larger in the Media, that long count down to the final release is just too torturous to wait that long.  But as I said, seeing a program of this magnitude evolve will be particularly interesting because how amazing it is in the first place.

The age limits are no guarantee.  In all three betas I've done, even though there weren't supposed to be anyone under 18, there ended up being a lot of people under 18.  In fact, for the beta of the PSP syphon filter, a BUNCH of under 18 year olds who had their actual ages listed on their PSU accounts got e-mail invites to the beta.
SAVE A PRETZEL FOR THE GAS JETS
Message 7 of 25 (1 View)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1161 posts

Apr 19, 2007

wallyp wrote:

DaveMill07 wrote:

The age limits are no guarantee.  In all three betas I've done, even though there weren't supposed to be anyone under 18, there ended up being a lot of people under 18.  In fact, for the beta of the PSP syphon filter, a BUNCH of under 18 year olds who had their actual ages listed on their PSU accounts got e-mail invites to the beta.

No offense, but then what's the point in their age limitations if it's not going to be put in effect?
I mean, I have nothing against anyone who's 18 and under using HOME, but why put
the BETA in their hands? I think they should wait until the final version is released.
BETA testing should be very crucial, especially w/ HOME. We don't want any bigs or glitches.
I hope they stick to their agreement for the BETA and don't allow minors.
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
Message 8 of 25 (1 View)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1056 posts

Apr 19, 2007
Um... i agree about all except for the time diffrence thing
Message 9 of 25 (1 View)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
386 posts

Apr 19, 2007
Not to be down on anyone soley on their age, but I have to admit I've seen more college aged students cause more trouble online in games than I have from the 15-18 group.  Not sure what it is but I'd almost rather play with someone around 17-18 than someone around 21ish.  Maybe it's that whole first time on their own, legally able to drink, I can do what I want, mentality that sets in, but that's just my experience to date.

Message 10 of 25 (1 View)
0 Likes