Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Last Guardian
11836 posts

Re: So now that Home is ultimately dying on the PS3...

Jun 15, 2013

I'll repeat that word again.

*Still sees Home Icon on XMB*

photo AL2009manBanner2013_zpsd80ecc86.png
Message 21 of 83 (294 Views)
Wastelander
607 posts

Jun 15, 2013

I like how all these end is nigh doomsday nuts act like this wasnt coming. Nothing was ever 100% for certain. Hell, still in beta since 2008 and they still bought and spent, but know that theres a little uncertainty, theyre hoopin and hollerin. LMAO. Ive said it in almost every thread like this. I wont be told, scared, dooped, or convinced by anyone on here how i should spend 'my' money. If they realeased a guitar playing LMO on the last day, you better believe i'd buy it and rock for 24 hours straight.

I bought a ps3 in 2008 for metal gear solid 4 and was pleasently surprised by home soon after. In 2014, i will buy a ps4 for metal gear solid 5, and maybe, just maybe we'll be pleasently surprised again. For everyone not runnin around like a chicken with there head cut off, lets let the good times keep roll'n on, even if we see a cliff. :womantongue:

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Message 22 of 83 (294 Views)
PlayStation MVP
6126 posts

Jun 15, 2013

rramsdell wrote:
Stop spending Lil. Or at least use a budget. If you make a list and write down everything you bought on Home, you'd be shocked probably. It all adds up fast. People who have spent thousands $$$ in home, think they are special, just crazy.

I have rramsdell.:smileyhappy:

I only buy things that I know I will use or can get mileage out of, like the LMO's can be used with costumes that have been sitting collecting dust.

Plus with 5 years worth of stuff to sift through it gets to be a pain in the neck trying to find things in storage you want.

So my impulse buying stopped about 2 years ago.

Message 23 of 83 (284 Views)
Uncharted Territory
1386 posts

Jun 15, 2013

GenomeGirl_33 wrote:

I like how all these end is nigh doomsday nuts act like this wasnt coming. Nothing was ever 100% for certain. Hell, still in beta since 2008 and they still bought and spent, but know that theres a little uncertainty, theyre hoopin and hollerin. LMAO. Ive said it in almost every thread like this. I wont be told, scared, dooped, or convinced by anyone on here how i should spend 'my' money. If they realeased a guitar playing LMO on the last day, you better believe i'd buy it and rock for 24 hours straight.

I bought a ps3 in 2008 for metal gear solid 4 and was pleasently surprised by home soon after. In 2014, i will buy a ps4 for metal gear solid 5, and maybe, just maybe we'll be pleasently surprised again. For everyone not runnin around like a chicken with there head cut off, lets let the good times keep roll'n on, even if we see a cliff. :womantongue:

Lol, I hate to admit it .. but I'd probably be like that as well.

:smileytongue:

"Do you remember what today is , Jack?"
Message 24 of 83 (247 Views)
Survivor
1317 posts

[ Edited ]
Jun 15, 2013

MapleStory wrote:

how many of you plan to continue purchasing things within it? I stopped spending a dime on Home by January 2010, as it was pretty clear that they had lost track of any direction they were originally shooting for.

Are there still a lot of users who feel excited for newly released content? And do those of you who still plan to financially support Home hope to expect any specific type of content or updates down the line?

I'm just wondering, even back in 2010, how much could you have spent on stuff that wasn't just clothes and furniture? Why does the direction of home always seem to affect people so much as to spending money when it's clear that almost the entire time home has been up, any money spent was on Home content, not game content. I personally can't think of a single item on home that helps me in a game. Now, 2010 was awhile ago, and we most likely will still have home in 2015, all that time and you didn't get to enjoy it like a lot of us did and yes, you don't have to spend money to enjoy home, but it helps. Some might say you missed out.

I'm sorry that game launching on home isn't that popular anymore, and that spaces made on home aren't game related as much as they may have in the past, but what does that have anything to do with spending money?  Most of us knew when we started that someday this might end and all the money we spent would be lost. That's part of it and we knew it. When you think about how much a disc game costs, and how much gameplay you get out of it, and then compare it to the amount of time you spent on home and how much you spent, it won't even compare. You're getting way way more value on home. Even if it's not gameplay, it's entertainment.

All I know is, I don't expect anything from home, as long as I have a home server to get on and friends to hang out with, idc about much else. Maybe in a year we won't see any new content, I'll still be here, hanging with my friends. That's all that matters. When the home servers go down, yes, loss of money will be included, but so what, I'm walking away with a bunch of good friends that I'll be carrying over to the ps4 with or without home.

Message 25 of 83 (235 Views)
Ghost of Sparta
7693 posts

[ Edited ]
Jun 16, 2013

MapleStory wrote:

how many of you plan to continue purchasing things within it? I stopped spending a dime on Home by January 2010, as it was pretty clear that they had lost track of any direction they were originally shooting for.

Are there still a lot of users who feel excited for newly released content? And do those of you who still plan to financially support Home hope to expect any specific type of content or updates down the line?

Wow...it's very impressive that you stopped spending over 3 years ago realizing that in just a short 48 months or so, Home might be finished. It's also wonderful of you to show back up now and again to seemingly gloat over what you perceive as the imminent demise of Home. We truly appreciate your concern about our spending habits and wish you well.

Did you have any other glimpses into the future to share with us? I predict that sometime in the near future you'll be annoyed by something that someone posts in this thread. :smileyhappy:

Message 26 of 83 (205 Views)
PlayStation MVP
4499 posts

Jun 15, 2013
So if you don't spend dimes on home, you spend nickels right?

<

photo evolve_zps9e0e8f3e.jpg

Welcoming Committee   

Message 27 of 83 (190 Views)
Welcoming Committee
4019 posts

Jun 15, 2013

myalana wrote:

MapleStory wrote:

Wow...it's very impressive that you stopped spending over 3 years ago realizing that in just a short 48 months or so, Home might be finished. It's also wonderful of you to show back up now and again to seemingly gloat over the imminent demise of Home. We truly appreciate your concern about our spending habits and wish you well.

Did you have any other glimpses into the future to share with us? I predict that sometime in the near future you'll be annoyed by something that someone posts in this thread. :smileyhappy:

I'll take next week's lottery numbers pleeeezzz! Don't post them here, though. Send them to me in a PM. I don't want to have to split it between 30 people and their ALTs. :smileyhappy:

Message 28 of 83 (189 Views)
Survivor
1317 posts

Jun 15, 2013

JulianMatisse wrote:

myalana wrote:

MapleStory wrote:

Wow...it's very impressive that you stopped spending over 3 years ago realizing that in just a short 48 months or so, Home might be finished. It's also wonderful of you to show back up now and again to seemingly gloat over the imminent demise of Home. We truly appreciate your concern about our spending habits and wish you well.

I'll take next week's lottery numbers pleeeezzz! Don't post them here, though. Send them to me in a PM. I don't want to have to split it between 30 people and their ALTs. :smileyhappy:

forget that julian guy, send me the lottery numbers. I'll make it Way more worth your while than him lol

Message 29 of 83 (241 Views)
PlayStation MVP
21 posts

Jun 15, 2013

I think everyone here is gonna start playing Free Realms :smileylol:

Message 30 of 83 (240 Views)