Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Jun 15 2013
By: MapleStory Wastelander 641 posts

So now that Home is ultimately dying on the PS3...

82 replies 909 views Edited Jun 15, 2013

how many of you plan to continue purchasing things within it? I stopped spending a dime on Home by January 2010, as it was pretty clear that they had lost track of any direction they were originally shooting for.

Are there still a lot of users who feel excited for newly released content? And do those of you who still plan to financially support Home hope to expect any specific type of content or updates down the line?

Please use plain text.
Message 1 of 83 (909 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
1981 posts

Re: So now that Home is ultimately dying on the PS3...

Jun 15, 2013
Who says Home is dying on the PS3? Or dying in general? o_O

I'd like to know where everyone is coming up with these radical assumptions and conclusions, especially with no official word or acknowledgement from Sony.

In fact...dispositions and attitudes like this most definately dont do Home any good or HELP, in any way.
I'm A Shadow. One That No Light Will Shine On. As Long As You Follow Me....You Will Never See The Day.
Please use plain text.
Message 2 of 83 (900 Views)
Wastelander
681 posts

Jun 15, 2013

Maybe they are putting Home on the PS4. Maybe they just want to suprise us!

Please use plain text.
Message 3 of 83 (882 Views)
Wastelander
641 posts

Jun 15, 2013
Joanna_Dark WOULD kudo your message, Shadow. LOL And let's face it, Home is going to run it's course on the PS3. Phil Harrison's "killer app" is likely something Sony won't bother supporting down the line, easily in spite of him (Japanese companies are pretty ruthless like that). And with the completely different course they're taking as far as the whole social networking aspect goes, there'll be very little reason to continue Home into the next gen.

Please use plain text.
Message 4 of 83 (858 Views)
0 Likes
Limit Breaker
16321 posts

[ Edited ]
Jun 15, 2013

Maple, Do we seem to be lacking in weekly content in this dying state you speak of? I still buy in Home.

The future is not set. Developers will pick up slack if we were to lose another. I kind of think we have some time before we start saying our goodbyes.. So i can buy a game that last 8 hours to finish or play Home or I can do both. I choose both.

Sure Home will someday go away but Doomsday, Apocalypse prophets don't stop me from being me today.

HomeStationMagazine
Please use plain text.
Message 5 of 83 (852 Views)
PlayStation MVP
29073 posts

Jun 15, 2013

Jersquall wrote:

Maple, Do we seem to be lacking in weekly content in this dying state you speak of? I still buy in Home.

The future is not set. Developers will pick up slack if we were to lose another. I kind of think we have some time before we start saying our goodbyes.. So i can buy a game that last 8 hours to finish or play Home or I can do both. I choose both.

Sure Home will someday go away but Doomsday, Apocalypse prophets don't stop me from being me today.

You got a kudo too hun. :smileyhappy:

Please use plain text.
Message 6 of 83 (832 Views)
PlayStation MVP
1897 posts

Jun 15, 2013
I plan to continue purchasing things in PlayStation Home still due to Home still has a rather large lifespan left even if it isn't implemented to the next generation console in one form or another.

So there will still be a lot of content releases in that time and I still plan to purchase what interests me because I will still have a large majority of time to enjoy them items that I do decide to purchase.
Please use plain text.
Message 7 of 83 (825 Views)
Wastelander
641 posts

Jun 15, 2013

Jersquall wrote:

Heya Jers! And I've never stated it's in a dying state, just that it'll only run it's course on the PS3. I can see now how the topic title can seem misleading though, should've worded it as "will end it's run on the PS3." I do believe that it'll be active well into 2-3 years but I feel like the PS4 will introduce better methods of social interaction or maybe even a successor to Home but coded from scratch with more current programming languages.

Please use plain text.
Message 8 of 83 (826 Views)
0 Likes
Limit Breaker
16321 posts

Jun 15, 2013

Joanna_Dark_ wrote:

Jersquall wrote:

You got a kudo too hun. :smileyhappy:

:smileyvery-happy: You're ruining Maples day!!

I guess you have been marked as a supporter of Home. you poor devil. ruining others agenda. shame on you. :smileywink:

HomeStationMagazine
Please use plain text.
Message 9 of 83 (827 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
2865 posts

Jun 15, 2013

A lot of the content we're seeing has been in development for months. The fact we're seeing so much of it indicates to me this is for many of the devs their last chance to make big money before focusing on other projects. I said in the past to look out for what I call "closing down sales". When you see a lot of sales, as much as they're good for us the consumer be a little worried about the possible message it sends.

Another thing I have noticed that causes concern - no official reassurance of the world's lifespan or continuity. Why is this?

Then there's the loss of Home specific staff. No tech support for it via cell or telephone (this has been the case for a long time).

This IMO is good for the company but only heightens fears.

We've also lost the HCV program and now have MVP's which are meant to cover a lot of ground. Again while good, it does make you wonder. They said it was to be more in line with Sony's new vision. While true, you could say that Home isn't a part of it.

Then at the Feb 20 conference for PS4 they showed social features that were suppose to make Home a driving force and a central part of the XMB, only they've gone and made these features and then some for the PS4 as standard functionality in the GUI.

The end isn't neigh (ARGH! :smileyvery-happy: ) but Home's end is most defintely on the PS3.

Jersquall: Any new news on Home on PS4 yet?

Tempest_Fire: There is no new news to share at this time.

Please use plain text.
Message 10 of 83 (818 Views)