Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Jan 13 2013
By: SkitzStatus Splicer 30 posts

Since when has it been so hard to find friends on home?

15 replies 604 views Edited Jan 13, 2013

hello there,Im Michael.

i used to play Home all the time,and loved it but kinda fell out of it.That was about a year ago.Now im back into it and it seems like people are just rude no matter who they are! lol.seems like the days of just popping into a space and joining a group of people to chat are over.say hello and you are flooded with goodbyes lol.understandable when ppl are busy,but the rudness has gotten a bit much.

Sooo..if you enjoy playing games on home while being social at the same time,i guess this can be a place to find similar people.

Im trying to find a group of ppl who regularly use Home,and would like to find others they can play games and visit spcaes.and explore home with.kind of a filter through all the wierdos,you kno?lol. 18+  please.I am turning 24.Home is boring alone so why not make cool friends? :robotvery-happy:

either add me and say hi,or put your name here and ill add you 

Some people call me the space cowboy.

Message 1 of 16 (604 Views)
PlayStation MVP
1026 posts

Re: Since when has it been so hard to find friends on home?

[ Edited ]
Jan 13, 2013

Hi op welcome back to home  im tech I been here since dec 11 2008 on home. I would stay away from gangs/family on home they are mostly full of drama. The best way to meet people on home is through games that you can chat with. I'm 28 and I met some great people on home bye not coming on to strong and starting bye saying hi what games you play and start from there. ps It a lot better now then it was in 2008 bye 25%. also here a link to the changes on home and games yovc an play on their http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/PlayStation_Home#

Message 2 of 16 (550 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
1882 posts

[ Edited ]
Jan 13, 2013

I don't think people on home are more rude than say, 2 years ago. But the "nicer" one seem not to hang in general public place. 

As a basic tip. I would suggest not to use the L1 quick reply to greet people you don't know, especially if you wear default clothing. Some will assume your just another troll... Find a game you like, play a couple rounds and start with standard "Hi". That usually do the trick

co-founder
The Black Hat Squad/Black Hat Squadron/Novus Black Hats
Novus international elite force
Black Hats website
Black Hats on Facebook
Message 3 of 16 (520 Views)
Splicer
30 posts

Jan 13, 2013
good advice.none of those"fams" for me lol my avatar probably comes on a bit strong too haha i tend to wear outrageous things,so it kinda looks like im looking for trouble.
Message 4 of 16 (497 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
2872 posts

Jan 13, 2013
:^/ My best advice off the top of my head would be for you to get a USB keyboard from your local charity thrift store for five bucks or so, and use that on your PS3. It makes typing so much faster than using the controller. Also, steer clear of the phrases accessible via the L1 button. So, say "Hi," "Hey there," etcetera instead of the default "Hello."

Second, when introducing yourself to others, have something already in mind to talk about. Since most spaces are game spaces, try asking for help with a particular game, for example.
Message 5 of 16 (478 Views)
Splicer
33 posts

Jan 13, 2013

If you'd like you can add me I'm usually on with my friends everyday and if not everyday it's every weekend I am in a fam and I agree they can be drama, but my fam is really cool and we just usually goof around or find stuff to do we don't make anyone join who doesn't want to and we are nice people, but if you need a friend I'd be more than happy to be your friend :smileyhappy: a little about me my name is Sara my psn ID is Goddessofgood21 if you wanna add me and I'm 22 years old 

Message 6 of 16 (427 Views)
Fender Bender
2992 posts

Jan 13, 2013

I found it hard to make friends on Home when I started last July. But the forums here really helped me to meet new people. All the friends I have on Home now are through the forums here. I also found a club in the forums that I made lots of friends in too. So by using the forums here your on the right track. And feel free to add me to your friends list too. :manhappy:

bobs fed signature
Message 7 of 16 (409 Views)
Sackboy
375 posts

Jan 13, 2013

I've only been a part of drama usually when a Male stranger supposedly hits on my Female Kitty. (She's Mine! You can't have her!) Or been a little rude to strangers who treated my Male Werewolf as a Dog. (My bad, I usually have worn this Head when I'm in an extremely bad mood.) Having a Female Stranger talk to my Female Kitty like she's a actual Kitty has been awkward. Though some of my favorite friends on Home had been Females who complimented my Male Cat.

I can understand the suppose reason why anyone would stay away from "Fams". Wannabe Rappers & all are usually a bunch of homophobic teens. But I think most people just react to words used differently.

I was a Sub Leader of The Dragon Fire Ninja Clan which was a Sub Group under The Dragon Ninja Clan. No drama, unlike those "Fams". Well DNC eventually fell apart on Home. Lots of drama surrounding what was going on with The Main Leader. And maybe Dragon Fire getting too big as it then had more than one Clubhouse. Ultimately though DNC left PS Home. I left eventually because I was the only Dragon Fire Ninja usually active on Home.

Went & created my brilliantly yet stupidly named Clubhouse "The Adams Family". My use of the word Family was meant more as a joke. Still Family is associated with all the bad that happens on PS Home. Also probably didn't help that it is intended to be a Biker Gang. I'm keeping it since I put so much money into the point of owning my own Clubhouse. And I never guaranteed no drama, but did & will make certain rules to avoid specific types of drama.

Funny though after that a "Mature" Clubhouse was made by someone else. You had to be 30+ years old or show you could be "Mature". It guaranteed no drama. Supposedly ended up having drama in it between the club leader & someone else. Then the clubhouse was scrapped when the club leader didn't think he had time for it. Me being an immature 29 year old I wouldn't have been able to get in even if I wanted to.

Message 8 of 16 (374 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
49 posts

Jan 14, 2013

I find friends through playing games , and usaully it's by casual talking.   i ignore most people on home don't need the drama, and some people act really stupid.  Also I am finding it that some people add you just to add not to chat, or play a game together.

Message 9 of 16 (328 Views)
0 Likes
VP of Gaming
26092 posts

Jan 14, 2013

The way to make friends in Home is to meet people. The way to meet people is to interact with them. The best way to interact is by playing a game in Home. 

I usually recommend that we play a game in Home that allows us to interact and chat with each other. Nothing heavy, just small talk. Talk about the game you're playing, Home, or PS3/PSN games in general. Never get personal until all parties involved are comfortable with each other.

Don't rush things. Take your time.

The way you play the game is the way you live your life.

Message 10 of 16 (320 Views)
0 Likes