Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
I Only Post Everything
967 posts

Re: Should children 13 and under be allowed on home ?

Aug 11, 2013

ThrenodyT wrote:

I really wish that there was an additional icon or other visible idenitifer next to a user's name that would easily let everyone know whether the user is an Adult (18+) or a Juvenile (Under 18). It can be easy to become jaded from negative interactions, thus spoiling future interactions with genuine innocents who are exploring PSH and may need real guidance. 

You can fake ages.

Message 21 of 38 (190 Views)
Survivor
2038 posts

Aug 11, 2013

You can cry "kids need more freedoms and less repression" all you want, but history has proven that the majority of children cannot be trusted with extended freedoms and privelages. The second a parent hands that trust over...that kid will find a way to screw it up, eventually. Today's youth are better off left in the hands of their parents. You may not like being told what to do, being grounded, being disciplined...but until you turn 18 and are legally declared an adult, you do what your parents tell you to do. Not all parents are like this, but the majority of them are...and for good reason. 

This agruement people are trying to build about trusting their children more and letting them take adult roles and act like an adult, will never work. Even when a 16 year old gets a job, they are not allowed to handle and operate dangerous equipment in the workplace, until they turn 18 and in some cases...21. 

You get a job at a family resturaunt at 16, you are not allowed to handle and serve alcohol or bartend to the customers until you are 21. 

You cant even get a job at a local smoke shop selling cigarettes to customers, until you are 18. 

Not even society wants to see a minor child role playing as an adult. You wanna put your big boy/girl pants on and strutt around thinking you are every bit as equal to an adult, you will get proven wrong every time. We have more experience in life than you and we know better than you. So when we say NO....it's for a reason. When we say WAIT...its for a reason. 

You wanna make your own decisions, then wait till you turn 18. Until then...the world will always treat you like the children you are.

#DealWithIt   LOL

I'm A Shadow. One That No Light Will Shine On. As Long As You Follow Me....You Will Never See The Day.
Message 22 of 38 (185 Views)
Wastelander
427 posts

Aug 11, 2013

It's becoming obvious that PSHome is becoming more mature than before.

I would say, it's not appropriate to have anyone under 16 years old & even that i would think something more like 18 & up only.

Message 23 of 38 (182 Views)
0 Likes
VP of Gaming
26149 posts

Aug 11, 2013

madouda wrote:

It's becoming obvious that PSHome is becoming more mature than before.

Really? Have you read the forums lately?

Seriously, Home is the way it is because of it's community. Note the monthly suggestion threads (suggestions for certain clothing by alleged females) and the one or two "fashion" threads the we have here. The signal that we are sending is definitely being answered.

If we want the opposite, then we should make use of the suggestion threads and support the suggestions we find safe or clean with a ton of kudos. Though that's no guaranty that the suggestions will be used, the number of kudos may catch their attention.

The way you play the game is the way you live your life.

Message 24 of 38 (174 Views)
Sackboy
467 posts

Aug 11, 2013

If kids are faking their age to be able to play PS Home, that means parents aren't watching their kids and have no room to complain about what their kids see on PS Home. The Terms of Service has already been posted in an ealrier post, so no need to go there, but to the PARENTS, WATCH YOUR KIDS AND MOST OF THIS CAN BE AVIODED. Enough said on this matter.

Message 25 of 38 (168 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1405 posts

[ Edited ]
Aug 11, 2013

Shadow-Runner wrote:

You can cry "kids need more freedoms and less repression" all you want, but history has proven that the majority of children cannot be trusted with extended freedoms and privelages. The second a parent hands that trust over...that kid will find a way to screw it up, eventually. Today's youth are better off left in the hands of their parents. You may not like being told what to do, being grounded, being disciplined...but until you turn 18 and are legally declared an adult, you do what your parents tell you to do. Not all parents are like this, but the majority of them are...and for good reason. 

This doesnt sound like an issue with Home and its content but more of a personal upbringing issue which has no place here.  Though this paragraph is textbook for while children runaway and as psychologist say such stifling upbringing only helps make repressed adults incapable of making a well educated an informed decision.

This agruement people are trying to build about trusting their children more and letting them take adult roles and act like an adult, will never work. Even when a 16 year old gets a job, they are not allowed to handle and operate dangerous equipment in the workplace, until they turn 18 and in some cases...21. 

This has no bearing at all on the OP subject... nothing to say for it.

You get a job at a family resturaunt at 16, you are not allowed to handle and serve alcohol or bartend to the customers until you are 21. 

Actually... legally... that is totally misleading...

Pulled from a Legal Website...

"Thirty-seven (37) states and the District of Columbia permit adults age 18 or older to serve alcoholic beverages in on-premises establishments. Only three states require a server to be age 21 (e.g. Nevada, Utah) and one state permits persons age 17 to serve alcoholic beverages.

The majority of states in the U.S. permit adults age 18 to 20 to tend bar in on-premises establishments.

You cant even get a job at a local smoke shop selling cigarettes to customers, until you are 18. 

True... but again the relevance.  Unless Sony perfects Smellavision, Drugavision this is pointless comment.

Not even society wants to see a minor child role playing as an adult. You wanna put your big boy/girl pants on and strutt around thinking you are every bit as equal to an adult, you will get proven wrong every time. We have more experience in life than you and we know better than you. So when we say NO....it's for a reason. When we say WAIT...its for a reason. 

Wow, really...?

Soo lets look at the history books to see if this is true?

World War I ... children enlisted and went to fight for our freedom at ages as young as 15. 

Children who 'didnt know better' died for freedom and the rights of others to have freedom.

World War II ... again children who didnt know better than the 'adults' went to fight for the country and other countries.

As history and people of those eras have said many encouraged or supported their children in these acts because they believed in their choices and actions.

To be so ignorant of the history and facts of adults and children is frightening.

Adults making good decisions well maybe this has some truth? "Free Love" and the birth of LSD proves just how well 'adults' can make good decisions. Umm... no not really.

Though the comment, "...strutt around thinking you are every bit as equal to an adult, you will get proven wrong every time." is being proven here - constantly.

You wanna make your own decisions, then wait till you turn 18. Until then...the world will always treat you like the children you are.

Yes... yes this is being proven even right now.

#DealWithIt   LOL

When even history does not agree #DealwithIt...

From a decision by Sony to move away from Community to focus on Competition...

To a forum that was on its way to repairing itself in a focus on Community.. now having trolls protected if they help generate site hits..

To the world of HOME being kept in the dark when so many developers have left already...

A concept focused on profits and Competition have another name in the world of Pro-Community- RIP!

May the trolls, drama makers and competitive personas find joy in Sony - I'll do like soo many others and just move on.

Kitty Pyra - Career and Online life ended officially 2014
Message 26 of 38 (161 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
2038 posts

Aug 11, 2013

Conrad, 

Why should we have to suggest the obvious?

You dont need a suggestion thread on the forums to see what Home has become. Just go on Home for an hour. Pick a server, any server. Stand there and observe. If you cant see the immature, child-like behavior from these children...then take your blinders off. Please. Suggesting to Home management to raise the age limit for Home or at least segregate children from adults, is not something that should be voted on with kudo's on a forum. Im not suggesting you take the pickles off my cheeseburger, bro...this aint McDonalds. 

I'm A Shadow. One That No Light Will Shine On. As Long As You Follow Me....You Will Never See The Day.
Message 27 of 38 (152 Views)
Survivor
2038 posts

[ Edited ]
Aug 11, 2013

Kitty, 

This aint the 30's and 40's Pyra....those were very different times, under very different circumstances. You dont see our government letting children enlist in the military today, do you? No, you dont. 

Talk about my statements have nothing to do with the OP? Your 5 paragraph posts about how kids should be on equal terms as adults has nothing to do with the OP...let alone Home. Im just responding to your ludacris rants. 

Message 28 of 38 (145 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
427 posts

Aug 11, 2013

Shadow-Runner wrote:

Conrad, 

Why should we have to suggest the obvious?

You dont need a suggestion thread on the forums to see what Home has become. Just go on Home for an hour. Pick a server, any server. Stand there and observe. If you cant see the immature, child-like behavior from these children...then take your blinders off. Please. Suggesting to Home management to raise the age limit for Home or at least segregate children from adults, is not something that should be voted on with kudo's on a forum. Im not suggesting you take the pickles off my cheeseburger, bro...this aint McDonalds. 

Well said !

Message 29 of 38 (137 Views)
Uncharted Territory
1405 posts

[ Edited ]
Aug 11, 2013

Minimum legal age allowed for enlistment is 17....legally not considered an adult till 18

So actually under the law... yes - yes they do allow it PER THE LAW.

Its cute to call my posts such when I am using facts and professional statements.

They do not carry the weight of being farcical as much as others.

From a decision by Sony to move away from Community to focus on Competition...

To a forum that was on its way to repairing itself in a focus on Community.. now having trolls protected if they help generate site hits..

To the world of HOME being kept in the dark when so many developers have left already...

A concept focused on profits and Competition have another name in the world of Pro-Community- RIP!

May the trolls, drama makers and competitive personas find joy in Sony - I'll do like soo many others and just move on.

Kitty Pyra - Career and Online life ended officially 2014
Message 30 of 38 (124 Views)
0 Likes