Last Guardian
6057 posts

Re: Seduction of the Innocent

Jun 3, 2013

Jersquall wrote:

AbysmalDawna wrote:

julie_love wrote:

*cue Twilight Zone music*

This has to be the ******, uhm most unusual post I've ever seen on this forum. Are you also going to ban user names with 'Coach' or 'Reverend' in the name?

I've known a lot of people on Home with Mom or Dad in their username and they've always just been proud parents. I have yet to run into anyone that I suspected of being a predator using a parental name in their username.

It seems totally bizarre to me that when you see users with parental names as part of their username that you see predators.

I have the opposite reaction to those names.

Perhaps in the olden days these names meant some thing good but in the 21st century almost every other day "coaches" and "reverends" are being arrested for child molestation and other offenses such as the coach at penn state or wherever who is now in prison or dead I cant remember which.  The catholic church has paid billions because of this predator stuff.  Plus almost every day some teacher is arrested for the seduction of the innocent.  Wake up and smell the coffee.

The point is that we can no longer trust authority figures like we used to.    We can no longer act as if we are in the 20th century or a more innocent time.  And what is the big deal if we eliminate names like "kushmamabigazzblunt"? Why the big deal?

So those not abusing and doing their job RIGHT have no entitlement to enjoy the name Mom, Dad, Father in a PS ID? I mean I get it. if it truly offends like bigbuttonioncry then by all means report. But, wow you're deep in some of your comments. A place I don't want to go. imagine dinner ith you would be beyond interesting.

:smileyvery-happy:

Please use plain text.
Message 41 of 71 (189 Views)
Big Daddy
15347 posts

[ Edited ]
Jun 3, 2013

myalana wrote:

Jersquall wrote:

So those not abusing and doing their job RIGHT have no entitlement to enjoy the name Mom, Dad, Father in a PS ID? I mean I get it. if it truly offends like bigbuttonioncry then by all means report. But, wow you're deep in some of your comments. A place I don't want to go. imagine dinner ith you would be beyond interesting.

:smileyvery-happy:

That was a club name by Chukwuemeka-1 :smileywink:

thCAHVQ8LY.jpg

HomeStationMagazine
Please use plain text.
Message 42 of 71 (183 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
423 posts

Jun 3, 2013

AbysmalDawna wrote:

Tang_Ang wrote:

I don't think the user name matters. What matters is how people behave.

Well I am cautious with user names.  I generally avoid names such as:  blunt, swag, geto mama, mafia, 666, blood, 420, manson family etc and many other combinations thereof.    Now I am not going to say I would avoid someone who named themselves after a breakfast drink such as Tang, I am not that serious.  But sometimes to tell you the truth I think it would be better if we just use our first names followed by a number. I think that would have a positive effect on Home. 

Actually, that is my Chinese name. I am of Caucasian and Asian ancestry, and I am proud of the Chinese name my mother gave me. Do you feel we should be limited to English names on Playstation Network?

When you sit with a nice girl for two hours, you think it’s only a minute. But when you sit on a hot stove for a minute, you think it's two hours. That’s relativity.

Please use plain text.
Message 43 of 71 (168 Views)
Fender Bender
2252 posts

Jun 3, 2013

TSUNADE1224 wrote:

Black_MagicWoman wrote:

When a child brings a friend or friends over to their house to play. The parents of that house hold take the responsibility for those children do they not? The same could be said about Sony could it not? Just a thought.:womanhappy:

Sony does take some of the responsibility which is why they created the TOS, to protect people by reporting offenses, now the other half lies within the  parents.  You cant expect Sony to teach your kids values, responsibility and respect or to be able to keep an eye on thousands of accounts we the community are also the eyes and ears of Sony and like I said report offenses.

I have a 13yr old brother that used Home during the E3 event last year and I was right beside him watching was he was doing because it is my responsibility as his older sister to look out for him, because that is how I was raised and because of the times we live in where people use social networking to be predators. 

One could argue the point whether the TOS was created  for our protection or to protect  Sony it's self from a future legal action. Topic for another discussion.:womanhappy:  I will concur though. I agree with you whole heartily that parents or older adult figures should take the reins when it comes to raising the little ones proper. Unfortunately  that has become the exception rather than the rule in today's times. I too was raised by parents that would not tolerate such behavior that I see today. I applaud you  as well as other adults here that teach the youngsters the right thing. My nephew tells me all the time "Aunty you just gettin old" I think there maybe some truth to what he says.:womanhappy:

=+=Irresponsible kids are raised by irresponsible parents who were once irresponsible kids themselves.The vicious cycle continues.=+=
Please use plain text.
Message 44 of 71 (166 Views)
Fender Bender
2792 posts

Jun 3, 2013

It's the internet. Stupid people will pick stupid names. A lot of people will pick names that make them feel better about themselves. It's not in the names its in the actions of the person.

Just report what needs reporting and otherwise get on with your experience in Home. If you see someone being a sugardaddy or sugarmomma to the wrong people report it or make a detailed report.

Have a good weekend :smileyhappy:

Jersquall: Any new news on Home on PS4 yet?

Tempest_Fire: There is no new news to share at this time.

Please use plain text.
Message 45 of 71 (165 Views)
Last Guardian
6057 posts

Jun 3, 2013

EdwCarnby wrote:

It's the internet. Stupid people will pick stupid names. A lot of people will pick names that make them feel better about themselves. It's not in the names its in the actions of the person.

Just report what needs reporting and otherwise get on with your experience in Home. If you see someone being a sugardaddy or sugarmomma to the wrong people report it or make a detailed report.

Wow Ed...I kept waiting for the punchline there and I think I missed it.

Please use plain text.
Message 46 of 71 (154 Views)
Fender Bender
2792 posts

Jun 3, 2013
Yeah I'm getting less funny these days and more and more serious. It must be the lil pills.

Jersquall: Any new news on Home on PS4 yet?

Tempest_Fire: There is no new news to share at this time.

Please use plain text.
Message 47 of 71 (147 Views)
0 Likes
Last Guardian
6057 posts

Jun 3, 2013

PROPHETOFDOOM13 wrote:
BUT 10 YEARS OLD IS ENTIRELY TOO YOUNG TO BE ON PSN HOME BETA (Especially Asking Strangers To Buy Them Stuff) :smileysad:

Umm...who was 10 again? I think I missed something.

Please use plain text.
Message 48 of 71 (129 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
2252 posts

Jun 3, 2013

EdwCarnby wrote:

Your right Sir. When I first starting using Home I will admit that some of the names that I encountered would annoy me. Now days I tend to get a chuckle at some of the ridiculous names I see people create. I guess the saying "You can't fix stupid" applies for this topic.:womanhappy:

=+=Irresponsible kids are raised by irresponsible parents who were once irresponsible kids themselves.The vicious cycle continues.=+=
Please use plain text.
Message 49 of 71 (176 Views)
Ghost of Sparta
10662 posts

Jun 3, 2013
:smileytongue:... Wait, I mean :smileysad:
New PSN ID for PS4: Redd-Axel

Come check out my Twitch TV channel, will be streaming various PS4 games from time to time http://www.twitch.tv/reddaxel
Please use plain text.
Message 50 of 71 (157 Views)
0 Likes