PlayStation MVP
2625 posts

Re: Saved Data Utility

Jul 13, 2013
:^/ You can log into your account from a friend's PS3 without having to copy your configuration files via thumb drive first, but the pictures in your picture frames will be wrong because they'll be accessing his database instead of yours.
Please use plain text.
Message 11 of 22 (179 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
942 posts

Jul 13, 2013
Speaking of picture frames, they can't access all photos stored on your ps3's hard drive.
Please use plain text.
Message 12 of 22 (176 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
4099 posts

Jul 13, 2013

The_Dukenator wrote:
Speaking of picture frames, they can't access all photos stored on your ps3's hard drive.

When selecting a new photo, only the last 500 images saved to your HDD are available to select from.  To use older images just copy them to a USB drive and then copy them right back to the HDD.  In fact, even if the image(s) you want to use are within the last 500 images on your HDD, it's faster to just copy the image(s) you want to use back onto the HDD so that they will be the first image(s) listed when clicking on a frame to select an image from your HDD.

It is also useful to copy and replace images taken used from the PS Home camera, as they wont have a preview thumbnail when you are browsing the available images to place in a frame until you copy and replace them from a  thumb drive.

If the image from a PS Home camera was sent from a friend via XMB message attachment, then you do not have to copy and replace them, as the process of downloading attached images automatically creates a thumbnail preview.

Sony's PlayStation Home updated mission statement...

"Like it never happened"

- Stand for something better than mediocrity and don't disguise it as adequate, when clearly it is far from that to anyone willing to be objective and unbiased. -

Please use plain text.
Message 13 of 22 (170 Views)
I Only Post Everything
942 posts

Jul 13, 2013

D-Nitrate wrote:

The_Dukenator wrote:

When selecting a new photo, only the last 500 images saved to your HDD are available to select from.  To use older images just copy them to a USB drive and then copy them right back to the HDD.  In fact, even if the image(s) you want to use are within the last 500 images on your HDD, it's faster to just copy the image(s) you want to use back onto the HDD so that they will be the first image(s) listed when clicking on a frame to select an image from your HDD.

It is also useful to copy and replace images taken used from the PS Home camera, as they wont have a preview thumbnail when you are browsing the available images to place in a frame until you copy and replace them from a  thumb drive.

If the image from a PS Home camera was sent from a friend via XMB message attachment, then you do not have to copy and replace them, as the process of downloading attached images automatically creates a thumbnail preview.

I was doing some researching on photos in custom frames as they could not seen by others in EU due to some copyright claim.

Please use plain text.
Message 14 of 22 (167 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
8 posts

[ Edited ]
Jul 18, 2013

Please use plain text.
Message 15 of 22 (154 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
942 posts

Jul 13, 2013
Ok. Did you know people actually modified those files?
Please use plain text.
Message 16 of 22 (150 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
1897 posts

Jul 13, 2013

rafaelreese38 wrote:

I just called sony play station and the tech support said that they don't save anything on their ends, no type of games nor anything like that. Basically, what she said was that if I lost  those playstation home files, like the character settings, script settings, voice/ chat settings, harbor studios,  than that was my problem; she said. I don't understand what everyone is saying  that sony saved all that information  when they claim that they don't. Now  my playstation is ruined and  I don't have a playstation thanks to the bad advice and walkthrough  I recieved from tech support.  

All the PlayStation Home save data utility you had are no longer attainable in your PS3's hard drive, that is true.

PlayStation Home saves all it's data online to a server though, so you don't need the save data utility directly on your PS3 anymore because they will be automatically available when you access PS Home.

So in other words you haven't lost anything PlayStation Home related, it's all still saved, so you don't need to worry.
Please use plain text.
Message 17 of 22 (141 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
8 posts

Jul 13, 2013

how do they modify those files?

Please use plain text.
Message 18 of 22 (138 Views)
0 Likes
Welcoming Committee
3848 posts

Jul 13, 2013

rafaelreese38 wrote:

I just called sony play station and the tech support said that they don't save anything on their ends, no type of games nor anything like that. Basically, what she said was that if I lost  those Playstation Home Files, like the character settings, script settings, voice/ chat settings, harbor studios,  than that was my problem; she said. I don't understand what everyone is saying  that sony saved all that information  when they claim that they don't. Now  my playstation is ruined and  I don't have a playstation thanks to the bad advice and walkthrough  I recieved from tech support.  

Okay let's try this another way. Have you tried opening up Home as normal and taking a look around? I believe you'll find everything is as it should be. If you haven't, try it now. Don't worry. We'll wait. :smileyhappy:

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Please use plain text.
Message 19 of 22 (135 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
8 posts

[ Edited ]
Jul 18, 2013

Please use plain text.
Message 20 of 22 (134 Views)
0 Likes