Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Jul 13 2013
By: rafaelreese38 First Son 8 posts

Saved Data Utility

[ Edited ]
21 replies 291 views Edited Jul 13, 2013

I am having problems with playstation home. I  was experiencing freezing on my PS3 and when I called  technical support  with my problem,  I was told  to  restore my PS3 system  and  I wasn't told that I would not  lose anything. I lost  four  files under the saved data utility for the playstation home which was  Character settings, Script settings, voice/chat  settings, and Harbor studio. Please I need help.  I  want to know how to get them  all  back into my saved data utility folder.

spymaster50@yahoo.com

Message 1 of 22 (291 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
2757 posts

Re: Saved Data Utility

[ Edited ]
Jul 13, 2013
Hi, don't worry about them, all that information is saved on the Somy servers now. I still have mine, but they don't do anything anymore, and I think some people deleted them to make space. It certainly isn't anything to worry about :smileyhappy:

Also, you may wish to edit your post to remove your email address, it's just for your own security as not sposed to post them.

Oh, and welcome to the Forums. :smileyhappy:
Message 2 of 22 (288 Views)
I Only Post Everything
967 posts

Jul 13, 2013
When the saves were moved to the server, I deleted them from my hard drive.

They were moved to the server to help with stability.
Message 3 of 22 (280 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
4523 posts

Jul 13, 2013

Mermaid-KT wrote:
Hi, don't worry about them, all that information is saved on the Somy servers now. I still have mine, but they don't do anything anymore, and I think some people deleted them to make space. It certainly isn't anything to worry about :smileyhappy:

Also, you may wish to edit your post to remove your email address, it's just for your own security as not sposed to post them.

Oh, and welcome to the Forums. :smileyhappy:

<

photo evolve_zps9e0e8f3e.jpg

Welcoming Committee   

Message 4 of 22 (276 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
8 posts

Jul 13, 2013

But  I don't have Playstation Plus

Message 5 of 22 (266 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
967 posts

[ Edited ]
Jul 13, 2013

rafaelreese38 wrote:

But  I don't have Playstation Plus

PS Home saves don't go in PS+ Save Online Storage.   Those saves get moved to the PS Home servers, which was around 1.75.

Playstatoin Plus isn't required to access PS Home.

Message 6 of 22 (263 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
8 posts

Jul 13, 2013

I just want to know how can I get them back into my saved data utility file. all four of them.  Character Settings, Script settings, Regular settings, and  harbor studio.    

Message 7 of 22 (258 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
967 posts

[ Edited ]
Jul 13, 2013

rafaelreese38 wrote:

I just want to know how can I get them back into my saved data utility file. all four of them.  Character Settings, Script settings, Regular settings, and  harbor studio.    

Unfortunately, that won't be happening.   All files are stored on the server now.

Deleting all 4 files would reset all settings to the default, but again they're no longer needed.  They were copied to the server.

Message 8 of 22 (255 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
2915 posts

Jul 13, 2013

;^) I remember when the upgrade first came out that moved our saved data to the server. People offered the opinion that saving the space on our hard drives was significant, and that it would speed up our PS3's. In practice, well, look at the car in your driveway. Think of it as your PS3's hard drive. See the fingerprints on the door? How much do the fingerprints weigh? That's how much room those files used on the hard drive. How high are the fingerprints above the surface? How much do they increase the wind drag as the car moves? That's how much those files slowed down the PS3.

:^/ I don't like how we cannot back up our saved data now, in case anything happens to it. It won't hurt to be rid of them, but they were never a burden to begin with.

Message 9 of 22 (254 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
967 posts

Jul 13, 2013
I recall hearing that they moved them to help with personal spaces loading.
Message 10 of 22 (249 Views)
0 Likes