Nov 12 2012
By: Jacked-Assassin Sackboy 404 posts

Savage Manor Improvements Wanted

12 replies 335 views Edited Nov 12, 2012

The following are some dislikes I've had so far.

1. When entering I notice I can see the outside windows inside. It kinda breaks the illusion of entering a different building. Might be better if you couldn't see through the inside windows.
  2. The Library lacks a proper ceiling & you can see the sky when looking up in first person view with camera.
  3. I don't like the idea that the story is reset to the start after reading the final page. Makes me feel like I did 20 days worth of work just to lose all my progress. But if the whole point is to do the riddles again couldn't those just be added to the journal? That way I could keep the story without losing it & redo the riddles if I wanted to.

Beyond that I'm hoping that the Savage Manor could be added onto like PS Home Mansion or Avalon Keep. There's about 5-8 areas that could lead to other areas.

1. Kitchen's Cold Room: Since it was where the previous owner's werewolf experiments were perhaps a game of hunter / hunted with an unknown man or beast.
  2. Library's stair cases & infinite book shelves: Possibly 1-3 rooms to explore assuming staircases were to be fixed & lead to other rooms.
  3. Main Room: Shadow Reaper seems to be going in circles. if both doors aren't the same room at least that means 2 more rooms.
  4. Dining Room's Open Wall: I hear a Zombie & something being dragged. Neat if it had something similar to Ward Of Despair.
  5. Dining Room's Maw: Part of me really wants to go down that throat thing & hopefully save the previous owner.... A certain kinship as I hate being human too.... Its why I'm usually a cat or other animal on home. On the other hand I doubt the previous owner comprehends science....
Message 1 of 13 (335 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
571 posts

Re: Savage Manor Improvements Wanted

Nov 12, 2012

jacked  id half2 agree with sum of these issues,  but id be willing2 bet  we will see add ons to this place, like opening the doors on the 2nd floor,  the spiral staircases n beyon the book shelves, n wouldnt doubt if the layout is already finished,  the longer they make us wait for it  the more we want it, its marketing n all about the money.

Message 2 of 13 (328 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
2607 posts

Nov 12, 2012

Yeah some of those things need to be fixed. I guess we'll just wait then.

Deadly Neurotoxin!
 photo rsz_1rsz_11rsz_1000px-fpsword_zps44b9ca31.png
Message 3 of 13 (275 Views)
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
1464 posts

Nov 12, 2012
You know what the biggest improvement would be? A REWARD! At least one, for completing all the riddles.

As soon as I found out there was no reward, I stopped doing the riddles, and wished I could get a refund. Well Ndreams fooled me for the last time, I should have stopped at the clover chair but gave this a shot since I was waiting for it for so long.

Anyways, judging from the first person's comments, how about a werewolf transformation LMO? You turn into a werewolf and can run around faster as one. Would make the apt totally worth it, and I'm sure more people would buy it.
Message 4 of 13 (255 Views)
Survivor
1691 posts

[ Edited ]
Nov 12, 2012

Halloween is long over. The Savage Manor is in the past, so I will be the Debbie Downer here by saying I don't see this space being updated anytime.

I never happened to buy this space. It was cramped and overpriced. The sole reason many people bought it was because it came out on Halloween. Now, they realize what a disappointment it turned out to be. 

$10 down the bowl for those people...

They couldn't even give out rewards for the tacky riddle quest.

Message 5 of 13 (248 Views)
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
1464 posts

[ Edited ]
Nov 12, 2012

Well it was 5.99. I don't care about price, but for the all the flaws of the apt, and lack of reward for it's "game", it wasn't worth buying.

I only bought this because I saw it announced back in the January Ndreams newsletter and wanted it ever since then.

Of course it took 9 months to come out, and now there's nothing to show for that wait.

I guess they knew that it would bomb and didn't want to take the time and effort to improve it, so yeah, it does seem like they waited until Halloween on purpose because they knew they could tempt more people into impulse buying it then.

Message 6 of 13 (236 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
539 posts

Nov 12, 2012

ndreams blew it big time . the interior in my opinion is better than cutters . i love savage overall style but way too many flaws . regret buying it . they blew the morbids too as only 1 suit has separates. 

Image and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPic
Message 7 of 13 (225 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
404 posts

Nov 12, 2012

My impulse buy was based on IF PlayStation Home ever gets Macho Man Randy Savage merch....

I didn't even notice the riddles until after I entered The Savage Manor.

Message 8 of 13 (224 Views)
0 Likes
nDreams Developer
514 posts

Nov 12, 2012
Hey guys, a quick one. Im looking at getting a couple of rewards done that fit in the style of Savage Manor, a couple of furniture items so nothing as elaborate as a LMO I'm afraid. Hopefully will get sign off on it this week so, I am listening.

Joey
nDreams Digital Product Manager

Twitter: http://www.twitter.com/ndreamers
Twitter: http://www.twitter.com/joeydale13
Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/ndreamers
Message 9 of 13 (216 Views)
Gaming Beast
1464 posts

Nov 12, 2012

Well thank you Joey, any kind of rewards will be appreciated actually, and themed furniture sounds pretty decent to me :smileyhappy:

Message 10 of 13 (210 Views)
0 Likes