Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Limit Breaker
16539 posts

Re: Saluting Jersquall

Jul 20, 2012

Snidely! Yu never post here! :smileyhappy:

Great to see you and thanks for the eulogy! :smileyvery-happy: Great day man. ty.

SnidelyKWhiplash wrote:

I am late comin to this post, but I'm goin to throw my 2cents in, as well.

Jersquall has always been, and always will be, an example of what every Home user should strive to be.

He was a gamer, a friend, a helping hand, a sounding board, a man with ideas and talent, and SOOO much more.

He is also an example of what every Home user should NOT be.

He has never been a braggart, a bully, a loudmouth, a FOULmouth, a pervert, a stalker, a defamer...the list goes on and on.

If Jers doesn't agree with you about something, he tries to discuss it with you in a way that will allow an amicable solution. But if he felt you were doing something right, you knew about that too. I have never heard of him taking credit for something he didn't do, nor shirking the "Hair Suit" when he messed up.

I can not honestly say that I have come across anyone, ANYONE, in Home or out here in the real world that has the integrity that I have witnessed in this man.

We could ALL use to be more like him.

This is startin to sound like a Eulogy, and in a way it is. A eulogy for an HCV, but not for the man himself...nor for the things that I KNOW he will continue to do regardless of whether he has the "Beacon" or not, whether he remains in Home or not.

I tip my top hat to you, Jersquall. Thank you for your Community service, and your friendship.

HomeStationMagazine
Message 61 of 196 (282 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1187 posts

Jul 20, 2012

Jersquall wrote:

Actually Norse I am waiting for Conrad_Max to post. He doesn't know I am retiring but I'll tell you this.. Max has pulled me in many times when I felt like blowing a gasket. he has given me great advice so many times. He was one of the most dedicated HCVs to date. very good in home.  He gets a lot of unneeded flack here in the forums but he spent more time making his rounds in home than any of us. I feel like I let him down.. weird feeling I know. max is really a down right good guy.

Conrad is one of the most subtly awesome people on this forum, but for off-topic reasons.

If we're really nice to Terra, she might post some pics of what your retirement looks like. Livin' it up like Hefner, yo!

Message 62 of 196 (268 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
62 posts

Jul 20, 2012

Jersquall wrote:

Snidely! Yu never post here! :smileyhappy:

Great to see you and thanks for the eulogy! :smileyvery-happy: Great day man. ty.

SnidelyKWhiplash wrote:

I am late comin to this post, but I'm goin to throw my 2cents in, as well.

>snip<

I tip my top hat to you, Jersquall. Thank you for your Community service, and your friendship.

Yeah...been a few hundred years since I posted anything. But you hangin up the Beacon was somethin I couldn't walk away from without lettin yanno how I feel.

Enjoy yourself for a change, will ya....cheese and rice.

Snidely K Whiplash

Got Rope?

I have Knot.
Message 63 of 196 (265 Views)
Uncharted Territory
1398 posts

Jul 20, 2012
Thank God we just got wedding bundles xD
Message 64 of 196 (262 Views)
0 Likes
Limit Breaker
16539 posts

Jul 20, 2012

Love terra cide lots right now >.>

TTYL Snid!! take care bro.

HomeStationMagazine
Message 65 of 196 (261 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
1549 posts

Jul 20, 2012

Heya Jers,

This will be short -n- sweet, Maybe.

I  just want to say, Thank You for all you've done,  over the past few years .

I've known of you on the forums way before the HCVs, let alone knew they existed.

You and I have our own way of doing stuff. "mine is most inhibited by time."  I just want to give props. to a guy that

has been a mentor to me,  even if no words is spoken.  In my eyes you are the HCV program. You will be missed by all

of us still in it.  Like I said Short n sweet. I have more, but it's left unsaid.

I just hope we that are still in it can live up to your LEGACY as an HCV.

P.s. As for Conrad, His upfront honesty may give him flak, But his words are always true, and he as well is always ready to assist.

Good bye Buddy, See ya as a civilian soon.

BannerFans.com
Message 66 of 196 (251 Views)
PlayStation MVP
548 posts

Jul 20, 2012

never gt2 really no ya jers, but  ya pointed me into the right direction  more than once,  i no ur dedication to home  made our community  a much better place,  gud help is hard to find, n all ur dedication n efforts are obviously so much appreciated  n to fill ur shoes surely wont be an ez find,  i salute you!!

Message 67 of 196 (242 Views)
VP of Gaming
25944 posts

Jul 20, 2012

Jersquall wrote:

yes, I retired and Monday is my last day.

You're going to be missed, brother. It's been great working with you and helping with events. Great times, man.

Take care. I'll be around.

The way you play the game is the way you live your life.

Message 68 of 196 (218 Views)
VP of Gaming
25944 posts

[ Edited ]
Jul 20, 2012

I just saw your post on the other page...

Wow. This is tough. I know you had mentioned it before, but I put the thought aside.

You've done a lot for the Home Community Volunteer program and the community itself. You have become an icon.

You have been honest and open and funny. 

You have spent hours upon hours serving our community via Home, this forum and other media. I'm betting that each moment in a public space kept you busy, but it was also fun. I know you enjoy helping others as I do. As many do.

You will be missed, sir.

An icon.

I really don't know what to say as it feels as if an era has come to a close... Weird.

Everything will be cool, I know. The HCV will move on and continue to do great service. And you will too as a "civilian".

Thank you for being a partner and a friend. Thank you for everything, Jersquall.

And, thank you for your kind words and friendship. 

The way you play the game is the way you live your life.

Message 69 of 196 (202 Views)
Monster Hunter
22 posts

[ Edited ]
Jul 20, 2012

Wow it's sad to see the HCV's lose one of their best. It almost doesn't seem real. But it is good to know that you will be able to have more free time to do events, podcasts, and be able to hang out more jers. I salute you jers, you were and truly are one of the best.

See you and everyone else on home. :smileyhappy: 

Message 70 of 196 (189 Views)