Gaming Beast
1947 posts

Re: SUPPORT UPROAR!!!!

[ Edited ]
Feb 8, 2013

LKWD has always made furniture & clothing while publishing game content on the side... usually in relation to whatever the current project is.

Sodium was an entire universe, with clothing, furniture, several games, and an in-game market.

Dropped instead of re-staffed when those behind it left...

Mercia was a single-serving universe, with in-game clothing, and anything else being rewards, with a flawed in-game market.

Died before even living when the Beta testers said don't launch because of all the bugs, and LKWD did anyways, bugs and all...

Uproar is a 'gang' game, with in-game clothing and a purchase-key/rental system.

Is by far the weakest of the 3 major publishings of LKWD, and is still buggy as can be, with extreme limitations...

Now, this is a loose description of LKWD's history, but the point is apparent.

Saying "Support Uproar" is like telling a quadriplegic to get another crutch. LKWD's games haven't been getting fixed, they've been getting shelved, with a dwindling snowball called 'effort' put into the next project.

I don't budlist-add on forums, and blank PSN requests get ignored!
Missing Rewards -over a year old, still never fixed! 3-4 months worth of items still MIA.
Message 21 of 31 (166 Views)
Uncharted Territory
1157 posts

[ Edited ]
Feb 8, 2013

Crazy-88 wrote:

Uproar is a 'gang' game

No, it's a third person shooter. The gangs are just the teams.

Crazy-88 wrote:

Saying "Support Uproar" is like telling a quadriplegic to get another crutch. LKWD's games haven't been getting fixed, they've been getting shelved, with a dwindling snowball called 'effort' put into the next project.

Uproar has received at least one patch as well as two content updates. Jewel of the Skies was patched as well.

If Lockwood had any self-respect, they would shelve Uproar; but, they will probably milk it for two more updates.

Home is being kept on life support by third party developers. You can't really blame them for appealing to the fickle nature of the user base. How quickly would you turn on Juggernaut if they dropped support of your little robot game?

Gamers are the worst f*cking people. ~ Phil Fish

Message 22 of 31 (149 Views)
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
1947 posts

[ Edited ]
Feb 9, 2013

I did not bother dealing with mechanics, everybody interested in LKWD's productions knows the premises of their content Capt. Obvious.

As far as the patches, practically all Home games have gotten a patch or 2, doesn't mean they are improved... yet Sodium went so far as a 2nd installment in the form of a racing space, while Mercia simply got Gift Machine content linkages, and Uproar got a few new trinkets and level increases, neither of which for the latter 2 are very impressive.

Should they shelve their duds and redirect their focus into better quality? Yes. But it doesn't change that so far they've not done well in regards to listening to users saying that.

& as far as your personal dislike of MiniBots, we both know why that is my dramaqueen.

But yes, I have lots of LKWD products in my Purchases/Rewards list, and have since made my contributions to them as minimal as possible to reflect my dislike of their direction. If Juggernaut ceased being... well, a juggernaut, I'd do the same towards them. They update their content as fast as they are aware of issues, but I'm sure considering how much you trash them, you haven't been out of your hole w/ any friends to notice changes.

Edit: Inflammatory comment removed

Missing Rewards -over a year old, still never fixed! 3-4 months worth of items still MIA.
Message 23 of 31 (138 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1157 posts

Feb 8, 2013

Crazy-88 wrote:

As far as the patches, practically all Home games have gotten a patch or 2, doesn't mean they are improved

In your previous post, you claimed, "LKWD's games haven't been getting fixed."

Uproar has received at least one patch addressing lobby access and session stability.

Message 24 of 31 (134 Views)
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
1947 posts

Feb 8, 2013

Why yes... It did get those patches... yet we still are see'n posts about those same issues being there. >.> Interesting. Mercia is still a bombed out bug-zone, and Uproar is way below par for network stability compared to other mutliplayer games in Home.

Thank you Capt. Obvious, the S.S. Oblivious appreciates your nit-picking.

A patch that 'solves' issues that continue to be reported afterwards aren't even worth mention, if you want to take everything I say literally, there's much more productive ways to do so, such as going back to the hole you trolled from.

Message 25 of 31 (130 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1157 posts

Feb 8, 2013

I'm not here to argue with you. Correcting your erroneous statements is not trolling.

Since the latest patch to Uproar, I've only had a problem loading the lobby one out of twenty times. I've also only experienced the session crashing once out of several hundred games. Some users may still have issues, but Uproar is much stabler than when it launched. The patches have helped, whether you realize it or not. Your opinion of its poor network stability in comparison to other Home games is highly inaccurate.

Lockwood has spent time improving Uproar. Hopefully they will focus on level design now that it's stabler, although the game is still a chore to play.

Message 26 of 31 (124 Views)
0 Likes
Ghost of Sparta
12639 posts

Feb 8, 2013

Okay...This is getting out of hands. this going to be locked anytime soon

I will support Uproar unless LKWD add new maps that i may like. (but that won't going to happened)

RankoSao wrote:

im never supporting Uproar.. I support Mercia.. Uproar killed Mercia.. plus its terrible.. so i will never support that horrible game

I though A LOT OF BUGS killed Mercia?

photo AL2009manBanner2013_zpsd80ecc86.png
Message 27 of 31 (94 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
1873 posts

Feb 8, 2013

I hate games like this, but I've played it for quite a few levels.  It gets really fun when you unlock your first key and can actually get new things.  The only thing though, is Sodium got dropped after I put a lot of time into it, and Mercia got dropped when I was halfway into it, so why should I support this?

"Now Sid, don't you blame the movies. Movies don't create psychos. Movies make psychos more creative."
Message 28 of 31 (67 Views)
Welcoming Committee
9473 posts

Feb 8, 2013
Apparently im in the minority for liking this game. I like free roaming shooters so sue me. A previous message made in the thread is right Home needs good shooters..
Support Forums
Message 29 of 31 (58 Views)
0 Likes
Monster Hunter
30 posts

Feb 9, 2013
Personally I really like the game, on that one or two days a week that I can get into it. Its too easy to give up on when you have to sit there and wonder if you are ever going to get to play. Even the new Edo event, with tons of ppl coming and going managed to stay up for days now, although load times are killer sometimes.
Message 30 of 31 (49 Views)
0 Likes