Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Welcoming Committee
3632 posts

Re: STOP buying this junk

May 14, 2013

Tell me, do you not go to the movies because at the end you don't get to take it home with you?  Actually, the entertainment value of the virtual Home items it better then going to the movies, but I do get where your coming from.  Everyone has something they like throwing away money on whether its smoking (whatever it is they smoke), drinking, eating out, dancing, gambling (like Lotto) or whatever ... I choose Home, none of these I mentioned are lasting tangible items, yet many still do them. 

Your sounding like a preacher telling us to turn away from sin, but its just entertainment for me.  I could think of a least a hundred different worse things I would be doing with my money and this is not one of them.  Thanks for the advice your heart is in the right place or at least I hope it is :heart:

Embrace Tomorrow
make animated gifs like this at MakeAGif
Please use plain text.
Message 11 of 278 (566 Views)
I Only Post Everything
1266 posts

May 14, 2013

BUSHWICKED2 wrote:

its all RENTED overpriced virtual junk worth 0 in real world!!!

Stop going to the movies, it's just a single use movie rental.

Stop going to theme parks, you're just renting the park for a few hours.

Seriously, there are more monetary value things out in the world that you pay for, and probably get less from. From an entertainment standpoint there is value in what you spend in home. so if you want to govern your own wallet, more power too you, but I'm enjoying my golden flip flops :P

Perish_Song
Please use plain text.
Message 12 of 278 (557 Views)
Lombax Warrior
204 posts

May 14, 2013

TSUNADE1224 wrote:

Tell me, do you not go to the movies because at the end you don't get to take it home with you?  Actually, the entertainment value of the virtual Home items it better then going to the movies, but I do get where your coming from.  Everyone has something they like throwing away money on whether its smoking (whatever it is they smoke), drinking, eating out, dancing, gambling (like Lotto) or whatever ... I choose Home, none of these I mentioned are lasting tangible items, yet many still do them. 

Your sounding like a preacher telling us to turn away from sin, but its just entertainment for me.  I could think of a least a hundred different worse things I would be doing with my money and this is not one of them.  Thanks for the advice your heart is in the right place or at least I hope it is :heart:

Those are supposed to be just some examples, everyone has their own lifestyle & no one should tell other what/how to live, to enjoy life, reread my post maybe you took it the wrong way. Sure I've bought other virtual items from outside home, like ebooks for nook, or movies on VUDU, again those are examples.

Not sure where you're picking up a preacher telling you where to turn away from sin.

Please use plain text.
Message 13 of 278 (553 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
2432 posts

May 14, 2013

aogamerdude wrote:

TSUNADE1224 wrote:

Those are supposed to be just some examples, everyone has their own lifestyle & no one should tell other what/how to live, to enjoy life, reread my post maybe you took it the wrong way. Sure I've bought other virtual items from outside home, like ebooks for nook, or movies on VUDU, again those are examples.

Not sure where you're picking up a preacher telling you where to turn away from sin.

Pretty sure her post wasn't directed at you; rather, it was intended for the OP.

Photobucket
Please use plain text.
Message 14 of 278 (537 Views)
Lombax Warrior
204 posts

May 14, 2013

stardeth wrote:

aogamerdude wrote:

TSUNADE1224 wrote:

Pretty sure her post wasn't directed at you; rather, it was intended for the OP.

This may be, but I see a keyword of movies, in this thread I was the first to use it, & it really rather looks like it was said to me.

Please use plain text.
Message 15 of 278 (525 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
2756 posts

May 14, 2013

:^/ When I travel to a concert in another state, I rent the airplane, rent the hotel room, rent the taxi, and buy my tickets for the venue. Yet afterward, I have nothing to show for the experience except fond memories.

With Home, by contrast, the virtual items I bought rented/leased two years ago are still with me to use today. Sure, eventually, in far future years to come Home may one day be shut down, but that's far more longevity of use than those concert tickets.

;^) You see the point? Just because an object has zero tangibility or physical matter doesn't mean it is without value. Computer data can be priceless, actually. Nasa's digital photographs of our solar system's distant planets are a good example of this.

Please use plain text.
Message 16 of 278 (520 Views)
Wastelander
631 posts

May 14, 2013

TSUNADE1224 wrote:

Thank you for posting this. For a while I was thinking of why am I buying all this virtual stuff and you just made the perfect point. Now I don't feel so bad about buying all my PSHome stuff and have the perfect answer if anybody asks me why I do it.

Antonio Xul
Please use plain text.
Message 17 of 278 (507 Views)
Ghost of Sparta
7532 posts

May 14, 2013

aogamerdude wrote:

stardeth wrote:

This may be, but I see a keyword of movies, in this thread I was the first to use it, & it really rather looks like it was said to me.

I think you're reading too much into it. You both expressed the same sentiment and it was obvious the post was directed toward the OP.

I saw the keyword of "but" in your first post of this thread and I used it first. It's ok though, I'll let you use it too.

Please use plain text.
Message 18 of 278 (503 Views)
Treasure Hunter
5305 posts

May 14, 2013

Stop buying beer! You only rent it.

And you feel like crap the next day if you rent too much of it.

Follow me on Twitter:
twitter.com/hearitwow

Watch past episodes:
HomeCast at HomeStation Magazine

Please use plain text.
Message 19 of 278 (494 Views)
Splicer
77 posts

[ Edited ]
May 14, 2013

Can rent beer, and sneeze it out within hours, unlike a movie, a game or a wost date, they in your mind forever, Rather rent a beer than all the above.. just saying =)

everyone loves buying avatars & DLC ya know there gonna be free when all the severs don't support the game, so get em while their hot

:womanvery-happy:

Ham$ter for Life!
Please use plain text.
Message 20 of 278 (482 Views)