Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Treasure Hunter
4245 posts

Re: SONY & DEVS - Item Management is a Mess: Fix it = More Sales! Remain Silent = Lose Sales!

Feb 21, 2014
The months continue to roll by without any improvement to item management and very little said from our own Community Manager on this and many other issues plaguing Home and causing more and more frustration and anger among its users.

A well informed customer base is often a much more understanding customer base.

*sigh*

Sony's PlayStation Home updated mission statement...

"Like it never happened"

- Stand for something better than mediocrity and don't disguise it as adequate, when clearly it is far from that to anyone willing to be objective and unbiased. -

Message 81 of 95 (480 Views)
Last Guardian
11851 posts

Re: SONY & DEVS - Item Management is a Mess: Fix it = More Sales! Remain Silent = Lose Sales!

Feb 22, 2014

D-Nitrate wrote:
The months continue to roll by without any improvement to item management and very little said from our own Community Manager on this and many other issues plaguing Home and causing more and more frustration and anger among its users.

A well informed customer base is often a much more understanding customer base.

*sigh*

reason:

We're focus too much on "Home on PS4" at this point. :smileytongue:

photo AL2009manBanner2013_zpsd80ecc86.png
Message 82 of 95 (443 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
4718 posts

[ Edited ]
Mar 1, 2014

Tempest_Fire wrote:

Replying primarily to the OP.

New categories for sorting presents a difficult challenge because it would *likely* require developers to resubmit prior content with new metadata for that category. If all items were simply SCE developed items it might be more feasible for us to build a solution that forced work upon ourselves.  Forcing work upon our development community, though, requires deeper consideration.  I'm not saying it won't happen, I'm just saying it adds an interesting layer to the conversation.

The Last Used option is solid and forwarded along.

The navigator stuff is solid too, and already in consideration.

Is adding/re-adding the last used option to all item types and storage folders still under consideration?

Tempest_Fire wrote:

If "Deep Storage" led to longer start-up and wardrobe load times, would you still be interested? I'm not trying to imply that it would, but I want to help qualify how much this is wanted.

What if the hypothetical Deep Storage folder showed only a written list instead of loading thumbnails for each item, and we'd have to click L3 to see the full details and picture? Could that cut down the load times?

Message 83 of 95 (398 Views)
Fender Bender
1387 posts

Mar 2, 2014
Tempest_Fire wrote:

If "Deep Storage" led to longer start-up and wardrobe load times, would you still be interested? I'm not trying to imply that it would, but I want to help qualify how much this is wanted.

I most definitely would not be satisfied or very happy with longer start-up and wardrobe load times.

The using of my wardrobe and LMO's is my favorite thing to do on home and with all the virtual items I now own it has nearly become impossible to enjoy them.

I was at acorn meadows park Friday night and I met a new person and we were really getting into showing each other the LMO's we had but it was taking so long for mine to load that I finally gave up and told the person that it was a lost cause for me due to the loading times, and there went my "fun time". :smileymad:

Talk about a good reason to discontinue to use my beloved "home".

I like the idea of a deeper storage, but only if it would make my "lighter" storage and my current storage load faster.

I have suggested in the suggestion threads many times, about the possibility of storage folders, which I would happily pay for, which we could all label ourselves, and put those items into them. This way I could make up some folders and put items that I never, ever use into them and then never have to load them again.

Now I have no idea whatsoever the technicalities of how to create something like this, but there has to be someone out there with the ingenuity to make this happen and I would really appreciate it.

If we took just five minutes, to recognize each others beauty, instead of attacking each other for our differences .............
Ellen Page
Message 84 of 95 (372 Views)
Uncharted Territory
903 posts

Mar 2, 2014
Yes! Yes! Yes!
 photo FotoFlexer_Photo_zpsdb1a5950.jpg
Message 85 of 95 (351 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
1 posts

Mar 11, 2014

I paid 60 dollars and waited a month to find that dark souls 2 has not ben added to my donload list. Going to bed furious I will never preorder a game from Play station store again!

Message 86 of 95 (311 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
1 posts

Jun 3, 2014

Message 87 of 95 (269 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
675 posts

[ Edited ]
Jun 3, 2014

If you're going to bump this you should add to the conversation.

This is still a huge issue, we need categories in inventory more than ever now. Also a place, any place to put unwanted wardrobe items (storage doesn't count because it's a catch all where desired items get pushed).

It doesn't have to be a fancy solution, IMO not adding categories when LMOs first came out was a big no-no, now there's almost as many types as wardrobe but no categories whatsoever. I've stopped buying most things because I don't think I can handle another trip down storage lane. 

Call me impatient, but taking 20-30m to scroll through storage (sometimes random 10m where nothing is loading) will test even the best of us. It sounds like a broken record, but I hope they can address this soon.

Message 88 of 95 (246 Views)
Wastelander
609 posts

Jun 3, 2014

We need to be able to get rid unwanted items and autostorage drives people mad because it randomly selects things. Also, it's been said before, but Ornaments it too much a catch-all category as most rewards tend to end up in there creating another auto-storage nightmare.

The problem with deleting some of the free items would be the places that automatically reward you the item upon entry to the space.

Message 89 of 95 (190 Views)
Fender Bender
1387 posts

Jun 3, 2014
Sorry to be such a downer but having to put up with all of the above as well as constant M10 errors, freezing, and more errors than I could even list, I feel we are all beating our heads against the Sony Wall of Silence and these issues will never EVER have any kind of a resolution.

If we took just five minutes, to recognize each others beauty, instead of attacking each other for our differences .............
Ellen Page
Message 90 of 95 (178 Views)