Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Welcoming Committee
3720 posts

Re: Search Option

Oct 22, 2013

redworminc wrote:

anytime soon will they ever add a search feature to the wardrobe/redectorate

is really a pain in the you know \\'hat!

atleast a search by year sheesh

(Hope whoever messed the whole thing up in the first place is in prison ..lol) jk

thanks in advance

redworminc

I second this suggestion, I would also like a search option/feature for my redectorate :smileytongue:   

Contrary Serperior Now Available for U.S.
Quod dignum sit facere, dignum est farcere bene
#Live the game
Message 71 of 95 (433 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation Community Manager
4726 posts

Oct 22, 2013

I've brought this up in the past, and it's been suggested that it would be extremely difficult to pull off.  But the idea has been suggested, yes.

Tempest_Fire | @strebeck
PlayStation Network Senior Community Manager
Sony Computer Entertainment America
Message 72 of 95 (414 Views)
Treasure Hunter
8666 posts

Re: Search Option (moved)

Oct 22, 2013

Conrad_Max wrote:

This forum is for PlayStation Home tech issues. If you would like to discuss your suggestion you can do so in PlayStation®Home. If you would like to post it in the official monthly thread, then you can go to October 2013 Suggestions Thread. There's a new one created each month.

Conrad, your not new here you know that the "suggestions thread" is for ideas on items in Home.  Not for things that would have to come in the forum of a core update.  The post where it is now is just fine.

Folding@home Team #118000
GAPHome

General

Message 73 of 95 (391 Views)
Umbrella Scientist
12158 posts

Oct 22, 2013

Tempest_Fire wrote:

I've brought this up in the past, and it's been suggested that it would be extremely difficult to pull off.  But the idea has been suggested, yes.

Its pretty easy to do it.

making it Google Search - Alike system just to look under they names. 

It should also happends on Store Kikos

photo AL2009manBanner2013_zpsd80ecc86.png
Message 74 of 95 (383 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
4378 posts

Oct 22, 2013
Message 75 of 95 (381 Views)
0 Likes
Umbrella Scientist
12158 posts

Oct 22, 2013

King0fHearts2007 wrote:

Conrad_Max wrote:

This forum is for PlayStation Home tech issues. If you would like to discuss your suggestion you can do so in PlayStation®Home. If you would like to post it in the official monthly thread, then you can go to October 2013 Suggestions Thread. There's a new one created each month.

Conrad, your not new here you know that the "suggestions thread" is for ideas on items in Home.  Not for things that would have to come in the forum of a core update.  The post where it is now is just fine.

You are not new nether

Message 76 of 95 (378 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
8666 posts

Oct 22, 2013

al2009man wrote:
You are not new nether

You are right on that.  :smileytongue:

Do you think I made a mistake somwhere?

Folding@home Team #118000
GAPHome

General

Message 77 of 95 (363 Views)
0 Likes
MVP Support
7438 posts

Oct 22, 2013

King0fHearts2007 wrote:

al2009man wrote:
You are not new nether

You are right on that.  :smileytongue:

Do you think I made a mistake somwhere?

I haven't saw one mistake you made in your earlier post, King0fHearts2007 (minus the grammatical errors). It's better to leave this thread as it is.

While I think it's an awesome idea to have the search feature added in the next core update; however, just like Tempest has said, it's unlikely we'll get it due to the difficulty pulling it off.

Message 78 of 95 (351 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
553 posts

Re: SONY & DEVS - Item Management is a Mess: Fix it = More Sales! Remain Silent = Lose Sales!

[ Edited ]
Oct 22, 2013

A search engine sounds nice, but something like that is complicated and should have probably been put in a way earlier core release. A keyword option might also have been workable, but again, we’re talking about horses that left the barn ages ago and that would be a question of compliance.

I don’t pretend to know anything about the core, but I’m curious as to why our existing sort and filtering options can’t be modified to add more options. Maybe I’m not thinking as broadly as is knowledgeable, but I would figure that every virtual item in Home, whether purchased or earned as a reward, has to have some type of SKU coding assigned to it (much like a real life item). Without it, not only would we not be able to separate rewards (as we currently do), but it’d also be tough to tell which developer gets paid. I also suspect this is why I see certain grouped “items”, like Tester season shirts, Alpha-Tees and Letters in lights grouped together even in the non-sorted catalog. Using that coding, I would think it would remove a great deal of delay if we, using our knowledge of developers’ items, could filter to “only Lockwood” or “only SCE”.

This may sound presumptuous on my part, but I have a hunch that a large portion of the Home demographic (not just the ones who haunt these forums) are pretty savvy when it comes to items and developers. I wouldn’t mention this if I myself didn’t come across it in-world, and I’m sure many of you would concur. I would think that this knowledge, coupled with the item databases in Home-centric 3rd-party sites like YPSH and Az4 (and yes, even this forum), could make such an implementation pretty workable unless I’m missing something significant. Of course, this is just a suggestion.

I’m also amenable to a paging option, but I’m not sure how effective this could be. Its one thing to locate an item that you remember is on page 12, but when you accrue more items and find that said item is no longer on page 12 due to cataloging the new items added it just seems more of a chore, even though I admit it would reduce time versus cycling through hundreds of seemingly random items.

Tempest, let me just add to the chorus of appreciative feedback that you are willing to discuss and interact with the Community on this matter, and that you are willing to share your thoughts and frustrations. We may always agree or disagree but its really refreshing to see someone in the responsibility echelon of management who also sees and understands the Community’s concerns. For that, I thank you.

Edit: Threads merged

-Stage_Coach

Photobucket
Message 79 of 95 (330 Views)
Umbrella Scientist
12158 posts

Re: SONY & DEVS - Item Management is a Mess: Fix it = More Sales! Remain Silent = Lose Sales!

Oct 22, 2013

Miss_Ann_Thrope wrote:

A search engine sounds nice, but something like that is complicated and should have probably been put in a way earlier core release. A keyword option might also have been workable, but again, we’re talking about horses that left the barn ages ago and that would be a question of compliance.

example: Windows 8's Search system.

I search "control" and it found "Controll Panel" and thats the one i was looking for

Message 80 of 95 (280 Views)
0 Likes