Treasure Hunter
4099 posts

Re: SONY & DEVS - Item Management is a Mess: Fix it = More Sales! Remain Silent = Lose Sales!

[ Edited ]
Oct 21, 2013

Tempest_Fire wrote:

I don't mean to imply that I'd give up on the idea.  Instead,if I'm going to pitch ideas, then I need to prioritize.  And in this line of thought I'd rather pitch "Trade/Sell/Destroy" concepts before I pitch yet another layer of storage in an already cumbersome experience. Then, if "Trade/SellDestroy" gets shot down, counter with "what about a fresh look at how storage works?".

And frankly, this is in addition to any number of other ideas being discussed as improvements for the platform at any given moment. At its simplest, it's a matter of me choosing my battles.

I understand what you are saying, but I think there is a big difference between a "Trade/Sell/Destroy" concept and just simply adding an additional storage folder.   I suspect there are far more complications involved with trying to make a "Trade/Sell/Destroy" concept, than there are just adding another level of storage... But I'm mostly just glad we are having this conversation - and please keep us informed as you discuss these possible options with your core dev team and other Community Mangers.

A well informed customer base is often a much more understanding customer base. :smileyhappy:

Sony's PlayStation Home updated mission statement...

"Like it never happened"

- Stand for something better than mediocrity and don't disguise it as adequate, when clearly it is far from that to anyone willing to be objective and unbiased. -

Please use plain text.
Message 61 of 95 (381 Views)
PlayStation MVP
3996 posts

Re: SONY & DEVS - Item Management is a Mess: Fix it = More Sales! Remain Silent = Lose Sales!

Oct 21, 2013
Wait, where did trade/sell/destroy come from? I'd be happy with a more efficient way to manage the items I already bought. Even a search feature like alphazone4.com has would be a major improvement.

Please use plain text.
Message 62 of 95 (376 Views)
PlayStation MVP
3996 posts

Oct 21, 2013
^Except the Tester tees and hoodies with contestant's faces. Those are creepy and I wouldn't mind not seeing those again :x

Please use plain text.
Message 63 of 95 (371 Views)
Sackboy
378 posts

Oct 21, 2013
The ability to trade or gift excess item (T-Shirt rewards etc.) will be a great functionality as well in lieu with the item management issue!!!
Work Hard Play Hard!!!

GHOST_STALKER23 / @Gamergirlamber
Facebook: Amber Gonzales
PSTalent.com
Please use plain text.
Message 64 of 95 (360 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
2827 posts

Oct 21, 2013
Why not do this to ease traffic on the main servers, save Sony bandwidth in the process (possibly money?). An Archive of sorts. When you archive content it goes onto data servers intended not to be constantly accessed by individuals. Yes that means an additional database but I believe overall it would be more cost, and user efficient. I can elaborate if you wish.

In addition to that, allow pages and the ability to sort like it has been suggested several times over in this thread. Implementing all these features in a single release would do a number of things to improve not only the individual experience but the experience for everyone by:
-Less server strain
-Less cost or at least less bandwidth usage to Sony
-Faster inventory access, as well as efficient access to specific items
-Pages will bring faster page loads and reduce unnecessary data consumption and load for everyone
-It's be awesome :smileylol:

Jersquall: Any new news on Home on PS4 yet?

Tempest_Fire: There is no new news to share at this time.

Please use plain text.
Message 65 of 95 (345 Views)
Survivor
1922 posts

Oct 21, 2013

What we need are customizable folders. We need to be able to create new folders for items. Then name them. And then choose which items to stick in them.  That way we can avoid downloading previews for HUNDREDS of items at one time. After collection items since Home began it's like looking for a needle in a haystack now. Trying to put in order thousands of items constantly is ridiculously difficult. We need to make the items into smaller groups. 

Please use plain text.
Message 66 of 95 (335 Views)
Survivor
1821 posts

Oct 21, 2013

Tempest_Fire wrote:

D-Nitrate wrote:

Tempest_Fire wrote:

This makes more sense to me, than a deep storage. 

Thanks, but don't give up on the idea of a secondary storage option - as frankly even with page counters, manual organization of items in storage, search options, and better sort and filter options - having the option to move items we rarely if ever use into their own folder would make a massive improvement to the item management situation.

I don't mean to imply that I'd give up on the idea.  Instead,if I'm going to pitch ideas, then I need to prioritize.  And in this line of thought I'd rather pitch "Trade/Sell/Destroy" concepts before I pitch yet another layer of storage in an already cumbersome experience. Then, if "Trade/SellDestroy" gets shot down, counter with "what about a fresh look at how storage works?".

And frankly, this is in addition to any number of other ideas being discussed as improvements for the platform at any given moment. At its simplest, it's a matter of me choosing my battles.

Don't want to be mean but this awfully sounds like a politician speach. We all know "Trade/Sell/Destroy" will never happen and we know why...

Second level storage would be just as usefull without having to remove items from users account.

A page number system would make sense only if there is some way to sort items the way we want first.

Imo it's the least desirable option.

co-founder
The Black Hat Squad/Black Hat Squadron/Novus Black Hats
Novus international elite force
Black Hats website
Black Hats on Facebook
Please use plain text.
Message 67 of 95 (317 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
597 posts

Oct 21, 2013
If I were to choose one thing I would prioritize adding a keyword search. As much as I like AZ4 it goes to show how behind PSH is when it comes to interface, when we need to spend many minutes finding a single item to wear or rely on a 3rd party site just to find things we want in the store.
Please use plain text.
Message 68 of 95 (284 Views)
Splicer
77 posts

Search Option

Oct 22, 2013

anytime soon will they ever add a search feature to the wardrobe/redectorate

is really a pain in the you know \\'hat!

atleast a search by year sheesh

(Hope whoever messed the whole thing up in the first place is in prison ..lol) jk

thanks in advance

redworminc

Ham$ter for Life!
Please use plain text.
Message 69 of 95 (379 Views)
0 Likes
VP of Gaming
25395 posts

Re: Search Option (moved)

[ Edited ]
Oct 22, 2013

This forum is for PlayStation Home tech issues. If you would like to discuss your suggestion you can do so in PlayStation®Home. If you would like to post it in the official monthly thread, then you can go to October 2013 Suggestions Thread. There's a new one created each month.

The way you play the game is the way you live your life.

Get your Portable ID!
Please use plain text.
Message 70 of 95 (372 Views)
0 Likes