Fender Bender
2678 posts

Re: SONY & DEVS - Item Management is a Mess: Fix it = More Sales! Remain Silent = Lose Sales!

Jun 26, 2013

rramsdell wrote:
I'm still getting the PS4, wheather home makes it or not lol.

Not me, I will go find a home-like game. I just dusted off my Sims ps2  bustin' out today, I haven't played it in a year( when my ps3 broke and I sent it off somewhere , not Sony,lol, to get it fixed)

Thanks Asuka424 for the Signature
Please use plain text.
Message 21 of 95 (492 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
8593 posts

Re: SONY & DEVS - Item Management is a Mess: Fix it = More Sales! Remain Silent = Lose Sales!

Jun 26, 2013

ralahinn1 wrote:

rramsdell wrote:
I'm still getting the PS4, wheather home makes it or not lol.

Not me, I will go find a home-like game. I just dusted off my Sims ps2  bustin' out today, I haven't played it in a year( when my ps3 broke and I sent it off somewhere , not Sony,lol, to get it fixed)

Here you go...

Just to name three good ones.  :smileyhappy:

Folding@home Team #118000
GAPHome

General

Please use plain text.
Message 22 of 95 (485 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
597 posts

[ Edited ]
Jun 26, 2013

A keyword search for our inventories and store would save a lot of headaches given the sheer volume of items in Home. This would also bypass the loading and scrolling through countless pages of ornaments or t-shirts if you know what you want. And allow us to turn off auto-storage because that does a lot more harm than good.

I think the main issue is that the inventory system hasn't evolved with the growth of items in Home. What may have been satisfactory in 2008 or 2009 is now a lesson in frustration, especially for the most loyal users with no tools to organize their burgeoning inventories. I hope they make overhauling this a priority, as it does affect the bottom line when it becomes a chore to simply use items that you bought.

Please use plain text.
Message 23 of 95 (478 Views)
Sackboy
587 posts

Jun 26, 2013
Also a refusal for males or females to reject unisex rewards and items would be nice. Not everyone's a cross-dresser. Byt good luck with that we have been asking for years to simply alphabetize our games. Hmmmm....cross-chat never appeared either.

Pinball totally rules!
--------------------
Please use plain text.
Message 24 of 95 (455 Views)
Lombax Warrior
72 posts

Jul 18, 2013

Totally agree with this - would like to be able to delete some of the gosh-awful rewards that have piled up through the years and wait forever and a day to load and sort through (even storage is piled up). Would be really nice to have a RETURN/EXCHANGE policy at the store so you could return that "i thought it would look good when i bought it" or "what in the world was I thinking" items. Got to where don't even want to buy anything else because it's such of a pain and waste too much time having to go through it all.              P.S. FIX CUTTHROATS AND HOME HOLD EM.

Please use plain text.
Message 25 of 95 (422 Views)
Gaming Beast
1871 posts

Jul 19, 2013
Home Team lack of responding shows no respect and none of our suggestions will happen...

The quieter you become, the more you are able to hear...

Please use plain text.
Message 26 of 95 (399 Views)
Treasure Hunter
8593 posts

Jul 19, 2013

jimmynet wrote:
Home Team lack of responding shows no respect and none of our suggestions will happen...

This is a funny beta when you think about it.  Verry few of our ideas ever make it into Home there is a lack of respect to the OB testers.  Sony also never seems to read our feed back.  :smileysad:

Folding@home Team #118000
GAPHome

General

Please use plain text.
Message 27 of 95 (393 Views)
Uncharted Territory
905 posts

x

[ Edited ]
Jan 27, 2014

Please use plain text.
Message 28 of 95 (388 Views)
Sackboy
390 posts

Jul 19, 2013

D-Nitrate wrote:

The current system of item management is severely lacking, and while I suspect there are some things Sony can't do, or more truthfully unwilling to do due to the costs involved, I suspect there are many things they could easily do to improve things quite a lot.

Not only that, but it is very likely that the current system of item management has resulted in a loss of sales, and with even some slight improvements, would likely result in more sales, and with significant improvements, would result in a significant increase in sales.

So what are the possible solutions?

1) Add a secondary storage folder for ALL item categories.  Why?  Because then we could finally place items we really do want to put in storage into a folder that doesn't have items we still use from time to time, but not as much as the items we keep out of storage.

This would solve the issue many people have with their item folders, and those who have been asking for a delete option just to make it easier to find things.  I can understand why Sony would be very hesitant to add a delete option, as it opens the door wide open for countless claims that items were deleted by accident.

2) Add the "Last Used" sorting option for inventory items (Companions & LMOs).  It makes no sense why it isn't currently available, when it is available in all the other item folders excluding storage.  Which brings me to the next solution...

3) Add the "Last Used" sorting option to all storage folders.  Finding things is storage is hard enough as it is due to it being a spillover each time we buy and receive new items, so at the very least it should have the same filtering and sorting options as we have for items not in storage.

4) Add "By Developer" to the filtering options in ALL folders.  This should be an obvious addition, and the fact that most if not all items in Home already have that data included, adding a filter for it should be quite easy to implement.

5) Separate Companions and LMOs into their own folders.  Finding an LMO or companion we want to use can be very time consuming, especially with the ever growing popularity of the different types of LMOs.  In fact, that leads me to my next solution:

6) Separate LMO folders by type: Mount LMOs, Dancing LMOs, and Gesture LMOs.

7) There needs to be many more categories for certain types of items, like T-Shirts, Bathing Suits, etc.   In fact, it would be nice if we had separate categories for 'normal' clothes as opposed to mixing normal clothing items with all the 'costume' items.

8) The Ornament category desperately needs to be broken up as it can take as much as an hour to find things in its storage folder for anyone who has been buying and collecting a lot of items in Home.  Here are some possible new categories that could be added to remove many items from the Ornament category:

Food & Drinks (moving these from the Ornament folders alone would make a huge difference)

Plants (Flowers, Trees, etc)

Holiday Ornaments (there are countless Christmas, Valentine's Day, Halloween, and other holiday items that clog the Ornament folder)

Trophies (you would be amazed how many trophy items there are in Home!)

Fossils (believe it or not, GZ's Fossil Hunting game rewards you with over 170 fossils!)

I'm sure there are others, but these are the ones that immediately came to mind.

9) Add storage folder for Hair.

While on the subject of possible solutions that would save time for customers and encourage more sales, let's talk about Personal Space Management.

As it is right now, all our personal spaces are sorted ONLY by the date we bought or received them.  This makes it very difficult to find a space we own unless it was recently acquired or was one of the first few we acquired.

So what can be done to make it easier for customers to find the space they want to visit?

1) The obvious solution is to add sorting options, like alphabetically and by developer.

2) Let us tag personal spaces as Favorites, and either float them to the top of our list automatically, or include a "Favorite Personal Spaces" folder in the nav menu, and or add a "By Favorite" sorting option.

As mentioned recently, one of these days Sony is going to find out that silence isn't a solution - it's the root of most problems.

I thoroughly agree w/ everything you stated it, a more organized item management deal would be a dream.

http://25.media.tumblr.com/f38914749fa0b69a8d41c0f37d859f74/tumblr_min7sltbuj1rzraxgo1_500.gif
Please use plain text.
Message 29 of 95 (379 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
3986 posts

Oct 18, 2013
D: LOL I followed the link to this thread that you just posted in the new motion capture thread and was totally poking the kudo button repeatedly on my phone (the mobile version doesn't have the handy check mark, it just turns from whitish grey to greyish white) when I realized I already kudoed this...in June :x Major Dork, reporting for duty!

Anyhoo, I agree with pretty much all of the improvements above and have a few to add to the list:

- In addition to adding Last Used to portables and categories like companions, mounts, wings, dances, etc...there should be the option to sort portables by rewards and purchases without it exploding into ALL (i.e. non-portable) rewards or purchases in the history of EVER.

- Re-emphasizing the need for Last Used in storage. I know it *used* to exist and it helped me easily find the frequently-used items that were auto-stored. No idea why this was removed, but please bring it back!

- In addition to storage for hairstyles, I'd also like to be able to favorite and sort by rewards and purchases.

- Actually, it'd be great if we could set a target date range to search through (for all item types), like we can on our transactions and services lists on the XMB. Stuff that's not Newest or Oldest can take an eternity for those of us who have been buying Home stuff for 5 years.

- Lights that are purely decorative and don't actually cast a glow on their surroundings should have a separate folder that doesn't cut into the number of lamps we're able to place.

- Wall-hanging items that are not frames should be in a separate folder so we can place non-frame wall decorations in clubhouses.

- To add to the personal space sorting, there should also be an option to sort by Rewards or Purchases. Really, every category of items should include Storage, Favorite, Last Used, Purchases and Rewards.

MODS: I realize this discussion is a few months old, but it was linked in response to recent comments by Tempest in another thread, and all the concerns/suggestions are all still very relevant today. Please don't lock!

Please use plain text.
Message 30 of 95 (306 Views)