Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Wastelander
429 posts

Re: SONY & DEVS - Item Management is a Mess: Fix it = More Sales! Remain Silent = Lose Sales!

Jun 25, 2013

D-Nitrate wrote:

The current system of item management is severely lacking, and while I suspect there are some things Sony can't do, or more truthfully unwilling to do due to the costs involved, I suspect there are many things they could easily do to improve things quite a lot.

Not only that, but it is very likely that the current system of item management has resulted in a loss of sales, and with even some slight improvements, would likely result in more sales, and with significant improvements, would result in a significant increase in sales.

So what are the possible solutions?

1) Add a secondary storage folder for ALL item categories.  Why?  Because then we could finally place items we really do want to put in storage into a folder that doesn't have items we still use from time to time, but not as much as the items we keep out of storage.

This would solve the issue many people have with their item folders, and those who have been asking for a delete option just to make it easier to find things.  I can understand why Sony would be very hesitant to add a delete option, as it opens the door wide open for countless claims that items were deleted by accident.

2) Add the "Last Used" sorting option for inventory items (Companions & LMOs).  It makes no sense why it isn't currently available, when it is available in all the other item folders excluding storage.  Which brings me to the next solution...

3) Add the "Last Used" sorting option to all storage folders.  Finding things is storage is hard enough as it is due to it being a spillover each time we buy and receive new items, so at the very least it should have the same filtering and sorting options as we have for items not in storage.

4) Add "By Developer" to the filtering options in ALL folders.  This should be an obvious addition, and the fact that most if not all items in Home already have that data included, adding a filter for it should be quite easy to implement.

5) Separate Companions and LMOs into their own folders.  Finding an LMO or companion we want to use can be very time consuming, especially with the ever growing popularity of the different types of LMOs.  In fact, that leads me to my next solution:

6) Separate LMO folders by type: Mount LMOs, Dancing LMOs, and Gesture LMOs.

7) There needs to be many more categories for certain types of items, like T-Shirts, Bathing Suits, etc.   In fact, it would be nice if we had separate categories for 'normal' clothes as opposed to mixing normal clothing items with all the 'costume' items.

8) The Ornament category desperately needs to be broken up as it can take as much as an hour to find things in its storage folder for anyone who has been buying and collecting a lot of items in Home.  Here are some possible new categories that could be added to remove many items from the Ornament category:

Food & Drinks (moving these from the Ornament folders alone would make a huge difference)

Trophies (you would be amazed how many trophy items there are in Home!)

Fossils (believe it or not, GZ's Fossil Hunting game rewards you with over 170 fossils!)

I'm sure there are others, but these are the ones that immediately came to mind.

While on the subject of possible solutions that would save time for customers and encourage more sales, let's talk about Personal Space Management.

As it is right now, all our personal spaces are sorted ONLY by the date we bought or received them.  This makes it very difficult to find a space we own unless it was recently acquired or was one of the first few we acquired.

So what can be done to make it easier for customers to find the space they want to visit?

1) The obvious solution is to add sorting options, like alphabetically and by developer.

2) Let us tag personal spaces as Favorites, and either float them to the top of our list automatically, or include a "Favorite Personal Spaces" folder in the nav menu, and or add a "By Favorite" sorting option.

As mentioned recently, one of these days Sony is going to find out that silence isn't a solution - it's the root of most problems.

Number 5 and 6 FTW!!:smileysurprised:

Please use plain text.
Message 11 of 95 (535 Views)
PlayStation MVP
29177 posts

Re: SONY & DEVS - Item Management is a Mess: Fix it = More Sales! Remain Silent = Lose Sales!

Jun 25, 2013

I think it's a plot to keep us buying and wearing new things only. Storage is such a nightmare. :smileysad:

Please use plain text.
Message 12 of 95 (529 Views)
Sackboy
435 posts

Jun 25, 2013

and a hair storage

Please use plain text.
Message 13 of 95 (523 Views)
Treasure Hunter
5305 posts

Jun 25, 2013

I would love to be able to organize things rather than sort them. Personal Spaces are a great example. If I could set them in the order I prefer, or even have five Favorite spots for them, it would make me much more likely to use some of my older spaces that are buried at the bottom of a very long list.

Follow me on Twitter:
twitter.com/hearitwow

Watch past episodes:
HomeCast at HomeStation Magazine

Please use plain text.
Message 14 of 95 (512 Views)
Treasure Hunter
4245 posts

Jun 25, 2013

DarkChun-li wrote:

and a hair storage

Good point (and I'll add it to the list in the OP).

I rarely chnage my hair so I didn't think about that, but I'm sure there are many that do.

Sony's PlayStation Home updated mission statement...

"Like it never happened"

- Stand for something better than mediocrity and don't disguise it as adequate, when clearly it is far from that to anyone willing to be objective and unbiased. -

Please use plain text.
Message 15 of 95 (508 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
5859 posts

Jun 25, 2013
... . . . ...
Please use plain text.
Message 16 of 95 (496 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
1358 posts

Jun 25, 2013

D-Nitrate wrote:

DarkChun-li wrote:

and a hair storage

Good point (and I'll add it to the list in the OP).

I rarely chnage my hair so I didn't think about that, but I'm sure there are many that do.

Yes this would be a big help.

As it stands now, anytime you purchase new hair, it either goes into the folder with the default hair or it goes into the folder for heads.

It needs to go into one folder so that it can be more easily found, especially for someone that changes their hair a lot.

I'd also like to be able to put the default hair into a sub folder somewhere out of sight.

If we took just five minutes, to recognize each others beauty, instead of attacking each other for our differences .............
Ellen Page
Please use plain text.
Message 17 of 95 (495 Views)
Fender Bender
2483 posts

Jun 25, 2013
Great ideas. Try not to injure your cranium or damage your wall though.
castle3
Please use plain text.
Message 18 of 95 (465 Views)
Treasure Hunter
4245 posts

Jun 25, 2013

X-MsLiZa-X wrote:
Great ideas. Try not to injure your cranium or damage your wall though.

Too late... brickwall54.gif

Sony's PlayStation Home updated mission statement...

"Like it never happened"

- Stand for something better than mediocrity and don't disguise it as adequate, when clearly it is far from that to anyone willing to be objective and unbiased. -

Please use plain text.
Message 19 of 95 (448 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
8653 posts

Jun 26, 2013

Some good ideas in there but will Sony use them? 

A lot of members want more storage I see Sony reading all these posts and seeing that people would be willing to pay for more storage so that might happen in the next few years.  But don't see all the members happy about having to pay for it.

Folding@home Team #118000
GAPHome

General

Please use plain text.
Message 20 of 95 (408 Views)