Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Fender Bender
2441 posts

Re: SONY NEED TO GET THEIR ACT TOGETHER

Jan 13, 2013

I'm not referring to this thread itself but to the Support section. I believe it has at times been helpful either from users or from SONY itself more recently JoystickWarrior a SONY employee. 

Perhaps it would help if the Support section link would be stickied right on top of this section.  JW has been MIA since Christmas as I recall and hopefully is catching up on things as best can be done. Hopefully anyway. 

Born in the U.S.A. - Bruce Springsteen
trolling is for fishing, not the forums

Please use plain text.
Message 41 of 50 (207 Views)
0 Likes
VP of Gaming
25781 posts

Jan 13, 2013

bookepride wrote:
I would just keep messaging Joystick.

I suggest not PMing our Support Guru unless the matter is a private one, contains sensitive information or is very severe. Or unless he specifically asks us to. And considering the number of PMs he may have, it would be pretty ridiculous.

The information we publicly post may be helpful or valuable to the rest of the community.

The way you play the game is the way you live your life.

Please use plain text.
Message 42 of 50 (199 Views)
Treasure Hunter
4426 posts

Jan 13, 2013

Conrad_Max wrote:

bookepride wrote:
I would just keep messaging Joystick.

I suggest not PMing our Support Guru unless the matter is a private one, contains sensitive information or is very severe. Or unless he specifically asks us to. And considering the number of PMs he may have, it would be pretty ridiculous.

The information we publicly post may be helpful or valuable to the rest of the community.

Yes, and not everyone has to take your suggest. You don't even know how many PM's the person gets. But remember, that's their JOB.

ldrr

Please use plain text.
Message 43 of 50 (181 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
4245 posts

[ Edited ]
Jan 13, 2013
xMINDBlIlURx wrote:

D-Nitrate wrote:

xMINDBlIlURx wrote:

Every time I made a post in the supprt forum, my questions were answered.

Call yourself EXTREMELY lucky, as just a simple browse through the Support forum proves the majority of threads never get any official response let alone have the issue resolved.

Just look at the thread:

http://community.us.playstation.com/t5/PlayStation-Home/Are-We-Happy-With-The-Level-of-Communication...

The same for the so-called "Suggestion" threads, which have only proven that either no one from Sony actually reads them anymore, or they just don't care anymore.

When the forums switched over to Lithium, the support forum was kind of looked over from then on.

I was using it, when we were still on the other forum style.

Though you have to remember, one official has to look and reply to all the support threads. Joystick, so I put myself in their shoes.

Would you want to answer the same 10 threads on one issue over and over?

I'm sure he or she hates having to sort through which threads are more needed for a reply, then which ones aren't.

Except this is just more evidence how little Sony cares about Home, and or how badly managed it is.  After all, by Sony's own claim Home has 27 million registered users (of course at best that likely only refers to all the accounts that simply clicked on the Home icon and downloaded Home, and doesn't accurately reflect the actual number of regular users).  But still, lets just assume that only 5% of the 27 million users are regular users from NA.  That's still over a million regular users, and the ONLY official support for Home from SCEA is handled by one person?!?!?!  

If you even try to get support for Home from Sony's technical support line, they simply refer you to the forum.

I'm sorry, but there is a reason why we are seeing many of Home's strongest supporters, including myself, getting increasingly annoyed by how badly Home is being managed.  And yet, Sony seems to have taken a page out of the Hitchhikers Guide to the Galaxy and applied it to its strategy for dealing with problems with Home.

For instance, like the Ravenous Bugblatter Beast of Traal, Sony seems to think that by covering their eyes (not communicating with their customers on outstanding problems and issues) we are so dumb that we will assume the problem is with us, or that there is no problem at all, or that they are busy fixing it.

With that in mind, I could use a shot of Pan Galactic Gargle Blaster, as watching Sony completely fowl up what once had tremendous potential, and perhaps still does thanks to the tireless efforts of some of the 3rd party developers... But with Sony still at the helm, this ship called Home I'm afraid is currently headed straight for the rocks.

Sony's PlayStation Home updated mission statement...

"Like it never happened"

- Stand for something better than mediocrity and don't disguise it as adequate, when clearly it is far from that to anyone willing to be objective and unbiased. -

Please use plain text.
Message 44 of 50 (158 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
582 posts

Jan 13, 2013

Yea the connction issues are getting worse. I always used wireless but not anymore but not like that fixed it. Get kicked or my ps3 freezes 3-4 time a night.

Please use plain text.
Message 45 of 50 (151 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation Moderator
2884 posts

Jan 13, 2013
Please use plain text.
Message 46 of 50 (71 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
8653 posts

Jan 13, 2013

It's a shame really that the OP made a topic and then it was chaged into talking about the Support fourm.

Folding@home Team #118000
GAPHome

General

Please use plain text.
Message 47 of 50 (125 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation Moderator
2884 posts

Jan 13, 2013
Please use plain text.
Message 48 of 50 (88 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
4245 posts

Jan 13, 2013

King0fHearts2007 wrote:

It's a shame really that the OP made a topic and then it was chaged into talking about the Support fourm.

I don't see much of a change.  He understandably was complaining about technical issues with the service and that Sony needs to get its act together.  That pretty much directly includes the problems with the Support forum... But if you feel more needs to be said on the network errors, any discussion about problems with support certainly isn't going to get in your way.

Sony's PlayStation Home updated mission statement...

"Like it never happened"

- Stand for something better than mediocrity and don't disguise it as adequate, when clearly it is far from that to anyone willing to be objective and unbiased. -

Please use plain text.
Message 49 of 50 (100 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
8653 posts

Jan 13, 2013

D-Nitrate wrote:
I don't see much of a change.  He understandably was complaining about technical issues with the service and that Sony needs to get its act together.  That pretty much directly includes the problems with the Support forum... But if you feel more needs to be said on the network errors, any discussion about problems with support certainly isn't going to get in your way.

If, the OP posted in the support forum what would he or she get?  The same answers that everyone get:

1. try deleteing Home
  2. try clearing your cache
  3. Log-off then back on and see if that helps.

You know something?  I know people that have tryed all thoes things done and they still get kicked off of Home all the time to the point that they no longer want to use Home just like the OP.  It has nothing to do with internet speeds its a bug with Home.  Does Sony talk about this?  Most of the time no but some times they do say some PS3 consoles do get more disconnects then others.  Thats nice right?  But why doesn't Sony fix it?

I'm just saying it would be nice if we just had one big core update that fixes alot of the bugs that deal with Home.

Folding@home Team #118000
GAPHome

General

Please use plain text.
Message 50 of 50 (60 Views)
0 Likes