Sep 25 2009
By: Fly-boi_2009 Gaming Beast 2262 posts

SINGstar Improvements Please READ !

32 replies 4 views Edited Sep 25, 2009
The Space is nice and all, disco light, a interactive dance floor.. but there are some things that need to be improved.. first I really dont like 30 seconds of a video of M C hammer, etc ..Sec, when you vote for a video, you cant hear it on the dance floor, it would be nice to hear a full length music video on the dance floor instead of one song that keeps repeating over and over again, its so annoying to me... I think the music there need to be change more Often, make the music great like how the Space is..
Message 1 of 33 (4 Views)
Treasure Hunter
4310 posts

Re: SINGstar Improvements Please READ !

Sep 25, 2009

not once have a seen a movie play on the sceen. I've been in the space fo a long time today, and i've been in different instances and still nothing. But if what ur saying is true, i agree.

But may i add that i would also like that when i sit down in the space that a beverage appears in my hand.

Message 2 of 33 (4 Views)
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
2262 posts

Sep 25, 2009
I dont know why, we allways get uncompleted spaces for..we been waiting for singstar for a while now, they took a while to work on it, what is going on ? as for other spaces that are un finish.. like the gamers lounge, RES evil 5, etc.. it gets me fed up, lets just hope this 1.3 update its not bad.. They shouldnt rush a space, give us a space that is all the way done ! !
Message 3 of 33 (4 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1200 posts

Sep 25, 2009

I am hoping that the 30 secs. of video will have something to do with Singstar players being able to upload their performance for people to view and rate @ home

Message Edited by Feltos on 09-25-2009 11:28 AM
Message 4 of 33 (4 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1501 posts

Sep 25, 2009

CRUNKRIS wrote:

But may i add that i would also like that when i sit down in the space that a beverage appears in my hand.

I'd go along w/ that would be a nice touch !!!

Photobucket
Message 5 of 33 (4 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
727 posts

Sep 25, 2009
Those are good ideas fly, hopefully they will fix the problems the space has.
Club Owner of - The EVIL Rulers

photobucket
Message 6 of 33 (4 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
5009 posts

Sep 25, 2009

Fly-boi_2009 wrote:
The Space is nice and all, disco light, a interactive dance floor.. but there are some things that need to be improved.. first I really dont like 30 seconds of a video of M C hammer, etc ..Sec, when you vote for a video, you cant hear it on the dance floor, it would be nice to hear a full length music video on the dance floor instead of one song that keeps repeating over and over again, its so annoying to me... I think the music there need to be change more Often, make the music great like how the Space is..

I can tell you firsthand that last night I couldn't see the videos whereas yesterday morning I could. When I looked at the voting both there is a countdown timer that goes from 30 to 0 on each clip (even if there's nothing to play!), so I think it's safe to assume that this is probably controlled at the software level and not the content level.

It's likely a product of the SingStar folks wanting to show you quickly the kinds of songs available for play in SingStar so you'll buy the game, it also may on some level be an agreement for getting out of having to pay any kind of royalties to use the music in Home. After all, the space was built for advertising the product first and foremost, cruel as it sounds.

What we as a community should do is suggest a real dance space with real music videos. Take that tech from the Theater and Listen@Home and construct something that can be used as a way to promote music IPs owned by Sony, that's outside of any game space it should be its own core space. That's just my opinion (I'm also not suggesting we bring the Music Cafe from Japan, but an innovative space in the kind of fashion we were hoping SingStar might have been, I really like the futuristic look of the SingStar space but I'd like something that isn't primarily focused on the sales of a single game but rather on the music itself).

Visit my CG Art Gallery at: http://www.johnnyernest.com/projects.php
Message 7 of 33 (4 Views)
PlayStation MVP
5125 posts

Sep 25, 2009

"The first thing you’ll notice when you visit this space on opening day is that dance floor reacts to the shapes you throw and that the music will change according to what style on dance the majority of avatars are partaking in. Note: This is where you thank me for not dropping the polka dance on you last update."

Message 8 of 33 (4 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
5009 posts

Sep 25, 2009

Ledis15 wrote:

"The first thing you’ll notice when you visit this space on opening day is that dance floor reacts to the shapes you throw and that the music will change according to what style on dance the majority of avatars are partaking in. Note: This is where you thank me for not dropping the polka dance on you last update."

Most of the people complaining though were expecting the music to be what's on the videos not the trance music in the space. To their credit, it was a fair bit misleading in the advertisement I will say that! They obviously designed the space though with the 30 second clip thing in mind at the software level, so I think anyone wanting to change it is going to hit a brick wall. What we need is a space that lets us vote and play on Sony owned music videos (think Shakira in the theater, but with a Listen@Home approach, and a club-type space to match, that would be very cool and I'm not saying something that needs to happen today or tomorrow but something to put on the radar down the road).

Visit my CG Art Gallery at: http://www.johnnyernest.com/projects.php
Message 9 of 33 (4 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
573 posts

Sep 25, 2009
Singstar space? Why can't I find this? I have an Canadian (NA) PSN account.
Uncharted 2 Stats Card by JAKPRO.net - Nefurnest
Message 10 of 33 (4 Views)
0 Likes